Unbelievable!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

We had our fifth Annunal General Meeting today and it was all very strange.

No one had a problem, items were discussed and agreed on, Officials were thanked and re-elected,  sensible questions were raised (not voices) and plans were made and agreed by the majority for future investment for the Urbanisation. 

Wow what a result a Community working together ...... very very strange!

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 8:45 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

It really CAN happen.................if you wait long enough..................that a Community can work together ( mostly ! )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 8:58 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Yes I must admit it has taken some time and a large part of it is due to our excellent Administrators, but I am still reeling from the shock!

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 9:01 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think the administrator makes a big difference.  Denise, is your administrator male or female?

Thanks, just trying to prove a theory of ours.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 9:14 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

She is female but works with her partner (male) who does all the accounts and budgets etc, They make an excellent team they came recommended and I recommend them to others.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2008 5:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't get me started on administrators.

A month ago we left ours with 5 simple tasks to carry out - a couple of letters, obtaining a couple of quotes for work needed, the usual stuff. As many of you know, I am no longer the president and keep trying to avoid getting dragged back into things, but the current president isn't exactly on the ball, hence I had meeting a month ago with the vice pres. & admin for the above matters to be actioned. And NOTHING has happened. I reminded the president to chase the admin, and the result was the wrong letter getting sent and various excuses for the other inactivity.

Without a decent administrator on board, the president's life can be a right misery. By the way, Justin - male.

One word of advice. Many members here are buyers of new property, and the subject of developer appointed administrators has come up often, usually with the same response, that this represents a potential conflict of interests and should therefore be avoided.

Our building is now almost 5 years old, and we are still findng out things we didn't know - such as the water pump sytem in the basement should be serviced regularly. Failure to do so can result in a €900 repair bill 5 years on. A good administrator should, in my opinion, be aware of things like this, and when taking charge of a new community, should do a thorough reccy of the property to familiarise him/herself with the various installations etc. Since the president is an unwilling and unpaid "volunteer", who usually changes every year, and is not elected on his/her technical knowledge of the inner workings of a modern building, it is ludicrous to expect them to be fully aware of everythng that needs maintaining. So unless the community is large enough to employ a dedicated maintenance contractor, the administrator really needs to be the one who ensures that nothing gets overlooked.

In our case, I now believe we would have been wise to accept the developer's adminsitrator (a sister company) at least for the first year, so that maintenance contracts or schedules could have been set up and all documentation (instruction manuals, warranties etc) could have been handed over by the developer without any problems. Being a sister company, I'm certain that they would have been made fully aware of all the installations and their correct functioning. As it is, we have an administrator who rarely visits the property, let alone knows anything about it, and a developer who is uncooperative, at best.

That turned into a bit of a rant I'm afraid, and was more than one word, but you get my drift?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Dec 2008 7:21 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi!

With ref to EOS team's question...'is the administator male or female'?

In our house we believe that men  'focus.'..    women 'multi-task'.!    (' believe' can be translated as ' after years of aggro this is the compromise we have reached' )

Are you in a similar 'situation'

This message was last edited by randolph on 12/8/2008.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 7:53 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Regarding the question as to whether the administrator is male or female, from what we can see Spanish men tend to respect more a male administrator.  Having had 3 administrators ourselves, 2 women and 1 woman, this seems definitely to be the case.  Other people we have spoken to have noticed a similar thing.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 4:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Do you mean 2 women and 1 man?

I was wondering where you were going with this. I thought it was going to be about who actually does the job better, rather than how they are perceived by others. It may be true, Spanish men still tend to have rather macho mentalities, and as such, may not respect a female professional as much as her male counterpart, but at the end of the day, it's hard to respect inefficiency, whatever gender form it comes in.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 5:56 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Interesting!

We have had a mixture really, the prize p*** who was a cousin of the constructor, and then the very expensive firm we employed to sort the first mess out.  Both were male but when we indicated that we were going to sack the second Company they brought a woman Administrator in.  Although she was an improvement it did not alter the fact that they had to many Urbanisations to staff and also the opinion that the Community worked for the Administrator not the other way round.  Yes our new Administrator is female but as I say she works with her male collegue so in effect we have male and female Administrators.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sat installer mar menor area - 4 posts
has anyone used villapac? - 3 posts
Animal Charity in the Costa del Sol - ADANA - 2 posts
Cheap phone calls from Spain - 0 posts
Apolo Properties of Santomera - Murcia - 9 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 6 posts
tenerife - still a party island? - 3 posts
National Holiday weekend 6-8 Dec... - 2 posts
Property Rental required from Jan for professional man. (long term) - 8 posts
Having a baby in Orihuela Cost - 3 posts
Claiming your free flight from a Ryanair credit card - 4 posts
xx long term rental required to begin jan 2009..oliva, denia, anywhere around the mongto mountian.xx - 1 posts
For the creative type - 0 posts
Vodafone / Mobile Shops in Alicante / Moraira?? - 4 posts
Can't post comments on Blogs - 2 posts
Buying a Car in Spain - 0 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income? - 2 posts
Re-mortgage advice - 2 posts
Christmas Day Restaurant in Estepona/Duquesa Area? - 8 posts
new horse beeding for sale - 0 posts
Basura Charges - 1 posts
Legality of an E-Scooter in Spain - 3 posts
Estimated expenses on moped in Barcelona - 0 posts
New style documentation - 9 posts
Xmas and New Year - are the supermarkets and shops still open? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x