Christmas Day Restaurant in Estepona/Duquesa Area?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by mshearer Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to eat on Christmas Day in the Estepona/Duquesa area, or maybe Christmas Eve?

what do Spanish Families do for Christmas food ?

any kind of food is fine, we are not fussy

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Martin

ps can anyone tell me where i can take a footy mad teenager to watch Scottish games on TV in the same area?

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 1:17 PM by kayal Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Martin

We came back from Spain last night.  Both the Green Olive and Miel on the front in Sabinillas had signs up for Christmas lunch, although only the Green Olive suggested that a booking would be needed.  We've eaten at both many times and have always had a good meal.  Lunch in the sun outside Miel on Sunday was very good.

The Waterfront sports bar in Duquesa always has a lot of sport on.  On Saturday afternoon they were showing 3 different games of footie and both international and regional rugby - they have Sky sports and Setanta as well as BBC coverage.  It's on the first floor level overlooking the marina.

Kaye

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 5:45 PM by mshearer Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Kayal,

thanks for the info, i dont suppose you can give me a few ideas for a good curry venue in the area,not sure if i can do 3 weeks without one(sad i know but i do love curry) we will have a car as plan to do a bit of touring

cheers

Martin

This message was last edited by mshearer on 12/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 7:46 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Martin

There 'Indian' restaurants in the port and one on the paeso in Sabinillas, near the Green Olive, and  next to Duquesa. The one on the upper level is the only one I have been to and it was OK.

In addition to what has been said about watching football I can recommend Bar Med on the paeso in Sabinillas. it has a daily menu of sports it is showing.

Regards

John

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 7:58 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Martin

Indian Village (think thats the correct name) is just off the frontline in Sabinillas, we use it whenever over and it has always been good although of course slighlty different to the UK, the Fox which is just around the corner also does excellent food and I beleive is open on Xmas day however suggest you check.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 9:10 AM by kayal Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Martin

Advisor was right about the name - the Indian Village is excellent.  We've also eaten at Passage to India in Duquesa and that was very good too.  It's on the lower level overlooking the Marina.  We tried the Massala on the front in Sabinillas once but didn't have a good experience, so haven't been back since.

Kaye

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 1:50 PM by joseperez Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Joachim's tapas bar in Sabinillas will be opening on Christmas Day and Joachim is only charging an amazing 10 Euros for a Christmas lunch.  He tells me that it is as a thank you to the customers who have supported him throughout the year.

If you havent already been to Joachim's I would certainly recommend it.  His tapas is the best in the area and he only charges a Euro for this and the drinks are very cheap too.  Joachim is an excellent host I have enjoyed many great nights in there especially during the world cup!  He has a Sky channel as well as the Spanish channels and a large screen to watch the football on.

The bar is opposite the children's playground beside the market entrance and next door to La Casita.  His mobile number is 627 158 125 and I would advise you to ring and book before hand as he will be quite busy.

I hope you have a great Christmas!

Annie

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 4:13 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

I am sure Armstrongs, 2k past the fairground in Sabbi will be open. nice food, nice atmosphere

noddy

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 7:58 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

One to avoid TITAKANO

Over priced and the B-----ds never gave us a complimentary drink at the end of the evening last new years eve

They wanted out at 12.30

We paid over 250 pounds for 4 it was empty too.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new horse beeding for sale - 0 posts
Basura Charges - 1 posts
Legality of an E-Scooter in Spain - 3 posts
Estimated expenses on moped in Barcelona - 0 posts
New style documentation - 9 posts
Xmas and New Year - are the supermarkets and shops still open? - 3 posts
Just to say hello again am visiting Spain at Xmas - 0 posts
Dentist wanted... - 8 posts
Problems uploading photos - 7 posts
Canaries - 4 posts
PROPERTY PRICES - 2 posts
Snowing in the northeast - 17 posts
TAYLOR WOODROW - 5 posts
TELEFONICA !!! - 3 posts
compeletion what should a good lawyer do for you - 15 posts
Renault Kangoo Diesel Van For sale - 0 posts
Playa Golf at Lomas de Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Paying Spanish taxes - 2 posts
Christmas in Almeria - 4 posts
La Caixa - 3 posts
Xmas Dinner - 2 posts
10 day rental December Lo Pagan, San Pedro, Los Alcazares - 4 posts
Auctions in Spain - 0 posts
anyone living in jacarilla? advise please? - 2 posts
Place in the Sun - where are they now? - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x