First Assembly of Owners

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by Geoffwat Star rating in Stratford upon Avon. 15 posts Send private message

Hi I have had a call from a company offereing to market my property they ask fee of 1200€ up front then take people to stay in your property try & buy then guanntee an offer inside a 12 month period has any one else been aproached is the a scam or is it genuine.

The valuation was great and the target price attractive in this difficult time and the purchaser pays the commission at 2% all sounds great is it too good to be true.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 12:41 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Sorry in the current climate not possible

How much do they really know about your property

Check when the company started up, if they have achieved this for anybody and how many €1200 they can generate before they disapear

If they can achieve these types of sales why do they need a high up front payment

Perhaps they actually charge people to stay in the apartment as well, nice €1200 plus rental income as well

Fact if it all sounds too good to be true chances are it is

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 12:45 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

So you pay for people to stay in your property?  Do this company charge people to stay in your property? I've never heard of this sort of deal but something tells me they will rent it out and pocket the dosh, plus your 1200. In the meantime your property will suffer  the wear and tear of a rental property. Personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 1:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Geoffwat,

Welcome to the forum, lots of people on here have invaluable information so you have come to the right place.

Agree with comments on this one.

An agent worth his salt will be no sale no fee, otherwise they have no incentive to work hard for you once they have been paid up front. It's a bit like the up front payments on selling cars too. I tried it once and didn't get a tickle. Still, live and learn I guess.

As for the part of taking people to stay, not sure I quite understand that one. Will they be paying you rent for staying at the property? Plus the purchaser pays the fees? All sounds very iffy to me. What part of Spain are you looking to sell?

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 3:00 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Geoffwat,  Sorry I have to agree with all the coments, sounds like another scam to me.  Times are getting hard so they are all coming out of the woodwork.

I even got a call from ET00 the day after they had been on watchdog it's unbelivable the gaul they have.    

Look forward to hearing more from you Pat.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 6:30 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

If YOU are selling something, anything, YOU GET PAID, you do NOT pay. You may pay a commision, but this is after the sale, or taken from the sale price.

Don't touch it.

My father-in-law has been shafted by this sort of scam.

Take care.

Febe.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 10:46 PM by Geoffwat Star rating in Stratford upon Avon. 15 posts Send private message

Hi every one

thank you for all your posts we will take all the advise and  will inverstigate and try to find out more so we can warn every one

many thanks

Geoff & Judy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tenerife - still a party island? - 3 posts
National Holiday weekend 6-8 Dec... - 2 posts
Property Rental required from Jan for professional man. (long term) - 8 posts
Having a baby in Orihuela Cost - 3 posts
Claiming your free flight from a Ryanair credit card - 4 posts
xx long term rental required to begin jan 2009..oliva, denia, anywhere around the mongto mountian.xx - 1 posts
For the creative type - 0 posts
Vodafone / Mobile Shops in Alicante / Moraira?? - 4 posts
Can't post comments on Blogs - 2 posts
Buying a Car in Spain - 0 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income? - 2 posts
Re-mortgage advice - 2 posts
Christmas Day Restaurant in Estepona/Duquesa Area? - 8 posts
new horse beeding for sale - 0 posts
Basura Charges - 1 posts
Legality of an E-Scooter in Spain - 3 posts
Estimated expenses on moped in Barcelona - 0 posts
New style documentation - 9 posts
Xmas and New Year - are the supermarkets and shops still open? - 3 posts
Just to say hello again am visiting Spain at Xmas - 0 posts
Dentist wanted... - 8 posts
Problems uploading photos - 7 posts
Canaries - 4 posts
PROPERTY PRICES - 2 posts
Snowing in the northeast - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x