Golf Valley

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by jbirdy Star rating in Kidderminster/ soon .... 11 posts Send private message

jbirdy´s avatar

Hi all,

OMG!!!  I am so fed up, trying to sell my house here in England it is the only thing holding up our move to Spain which has been planned for the last five years!!  someone please tell me that the weather in spain is really bad at the mo HEhe!!!!!  any one fancy moving back to good old Blighty have a lovely 3 bed house for sale???

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 2:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah Jackie, it's horrible here.  Spain is awful.  Weather is terrible.  You're better off where you are anyway.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 2:30 PM by BPD Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi Jbirdy

We're in the same boat as you but in Devon. We have a 2broom bungalow for sale overlooking Bideford estuary. Sunny Devon!!!

Justin

Have you ever thought of a list of houses in GB for sale to returning expats? Any suggestions greatfully received.

BPD

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 2:50 PM by jbirdy Star rating in Kidderminster/ soon .... 11 posts Send private message

jbirdy´s avatar

Thanks justin you little liar hehe!!!!!

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 4:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jbirdy

Have you considered renting your house until the market picks up again? We are very busy on the rental side, sales are zilch, did have a little flurry, then back again,just a thought.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 5:40 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

We are renting our flat out. I don't think it is the right time to sell so renting is a good option

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 9:48 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

I know how you all feel, we have a nice big 4 bed detatched in a good area in Yorkshire, have been on the market since May, had loads positive viewings then the good old credit crunch started!!

Wish we could pick up the house and take to Spain then all would be sorted!!

Good luck everybody, hopefully by spring things might start slowly picking up!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 12:07 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

25 November 1300 hrs Lunchtime News on Cuatro

Thick thick snow across Pais Vasco and  Asturias

V strong winds. Driving conditions very difficult across all of Northern Spain...

Down here in the campo in Granada Province last night temp dropped to -2C.

Strong chilly winds...Its actually warmer in York...

Hope this helps...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 5:10 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Foxbat - I'm in York & it's flippin cold!!  Can't believe this is warmer than Spain!!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 5:19 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

annie Hi;

From one tyke to another(?)

My Vista sidebar widget shows current York Temp 3C Feels like 0C expecting 0C tonight

Granada     8C feels like 6C expecting 0C tonight

So yes it is marginally warmer but not much...

fb

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 5:32 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Irrespective of the weather me think I would rahter be out there than stuck in blighty!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 5:44 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Foxbat - yep I,m a tyke alright

(Anyone who googles that will think I'm barking LOL)

Just had a look at Murcia where our hol home is & it looks slightly warmer so afraid I'm with advisor - would rather be there than here!!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 7:04 PM by falklands Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Hello Felow Tykes

I'm another one born and bred in the good old City of York.

The only Bar Walls I see now are in Marbella.

Falklands

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 8:05 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hello fellow Tykes

we too are born and bred in York - didn't realise so many forum friends are from York.

And yes its b****y cold

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 8:44 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

LOL - small world

Falklands - when I walk through Monkbar tomorrow & down Goodramgate I will visualise you in Marbella (won't make me any warmer though!!)

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 10:34 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

An oldie but a goody none the less....Dont forget the mushy peas....

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 11:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Nah you wouldnt want to be here, its a rather chilly 18 degrees daytime, with clear blue skies which Im SURE makes that sun look even brighter, and then the evenings are a freezing 12 degrees or so.

Horrible in fact! honest

Whats snow????????? 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 12:35 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Just back from taking our three hooligan hounds for their nightly constitutional.

Dressed up like Nanook of the North overcoat and gloves and the dogs had their thermal gear on as well.

Roof temp says 1C.

Just goes to show the extreme changes that can occur over here.

We are just 108kms NE of Marbella and 2300ft altitude.

Would I give it up? Not for all the tea in Yorkshire!

For those in York; if you visit the Danish Kitchen on High Ousegate and Anne G is on duty there tell her her brother says Hola!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 8:35 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thata one of the wonderful things about this part of Spain, ski in the morning then on the beach for the afternoon - you are only an hour and half drive away in Granada! Still too cold though!

Im not into ski-ing but a few years ago took the kids to Madrid for a long weekend. We went to Xanadus, an indoor ski run so we had the snow but no freezing breeze int eh face. It was great fun and only 36 euros for 6 hours including all the kit! None of us had been before so it was a laugh all the way trying to work out how to put the sticks on your feet ! Oh and stopping wasnt easy either!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 11:14 AM by Spondicious Star rating in Sta Cristina d'Aro, .... 15 posts Send private message

Nice one Foxbat - I was laughing my socks off with the video you posted about Yorkshire airlines and as I did live in Leeds for four years I can atest to the basis for the jokes. Some Yorkies think you need a passprt to leave Yorkshire.

Yorkshire was a great place to live and I really must visit Leeds again some day. Probably changed out of all recognition but ....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satellite Supplies in La Zenia? - 1 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 10 posts
Vehicle registration & Driving Licence - what to do? - 5 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 60 posts
Casa Delfine-Just off the CV91 near Orihuela - 2 posts
Christmas day lunch Marbella - 5 posts
Aifos´ bankruptcy. - 12 posts
Spanish Ecomony Blog for those interested in these things - 0 posts
Christmas Visitors - 0 posts
Plumber thinking of moving to Murcia region - needs a job!! - 3 posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - 14 posts
MAINS WATER SUPPLY - 1 posts
Long term rental required - Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Roda Golf - Cancelling Contract - 1 posts
Best Banks for Deposits - 6 posts
Sending pallets to Condado de Alhama - 2 posts
Subject: Be Alert & Cautious / Must read!! - 10 posts
November 30th we are off ... Adios UK! - 48 posts
Problems paying your mortgage? - 7 posts
Ryanair £0 Edinburgh to Alicante - 0 posts
La Raset C/Bellavista Denia - 0 posts
Xmas is coming, anyone have any dates for what is happening in costa blanca, post here - 0 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 2 posts
Don’t let them fool you… Yet again! ... The case of “Costaluzlawyers DOT COM” - 1 posts
House insurance - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x