Plumber thinking of moving to Murcia region - needs a job!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by nerak3010 Star rating in Bracknell/was Finca .... 52 posts Send private message

nerak3010´s avatar

Please can anyone suggest any English property maintenance companies etc that maybe looking for staff, i have experience in plumbing/heating (not boilers) and currently work for local housing association (ex council) which includes fitting of bathrooms and kitchens. My wife also has call centre/customer service experience and currently works as an assistant property manager in block maintenance.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 8:52 AM by falklands Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Hi Nerak

If I were you I should read through the rest of the Working in Spain forum. Its not good out here at the moment to find work, and things will get worse before they get better. Companies are getting rid of staff if antyhing. If there was a company looking for Plumbers there are dozens of un-employed plumbers here already looking for work. I know at least two.

Sorry to sound negative but in these times hard facts have to be faced.

Anyway good luck

Falklands

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 1:14 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Have been talking to lots of English people looking for employment and the ones who are lucky, in the area of Murcia where we are moving to next Summer, are the ones who lay aside their work experience here and go for ANY work around and try to make a go of it (some do, some don't). Try moving into an area and talking to lots of people.

Best wishes

Daveil

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 5:37 PM by Keidi Keating Star rating in Torrox Costa, Malaga. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

Finding a job can be very tricky in Spain, especially at the moment. Have you considered possibly not working as a plumber and changing you line of work completely? I know a lot of plumbers out here that work self employed but as the competition is strong they do struggle to get by every month. Sometimes looking outside the box can be the best option.

Keidi

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - 14 posts
MAINS WATER SUPPLY - 1 posts
Long term rental required - Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Roda Golf - Cancelling Contract - 1 posts
Best Banks for Deposits - 6 posts
Sending pallets to Condado de Alhama - 2 posts
Subject: Be Alert & Cautious / Must read!! - 10 posts
November 30th we are off ... Adios UK! - 48 posts
Problems paying your mortgage? - 7 posts
Ryanair £0 Edinburgh to Alicante - 0 posts
La Raset C/Bellavista Denia - 0 posts
Xmas is coming, anyone have any dates for what is happening in costa blanca, post here - 0 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 2 posts
Don’t let them fool you… Yet again! ... The case of “Costaluzlawyers DOT COM” - 1 posts
House insurance - 0 posts
wealth tax on property only owed for six months - 1 posts
Estate agents - 5 posts
Monte Cala, Costa Blanca Propery - 0 posts
La Caixa Mortgage Problems - 20 posts
Pueblos Abandonados - 2 posts
Watch out, watch out, the Control is about - 0 posts
Reporting lawyer to colegio de abogados? - 10 posts
Voting rights of the developer? - 6 posts
New fee to be levied by car hire companies - 2 posts
Lollypup - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x