Do people buy RHD cars in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi All,

Do people really buy RHD cars in Spain?

I've been informed that RHD cars are 'sought after' on the CDS and 'easy to sell' providing it's in good nick and priced well. Just need to sort this out as I don't want to bring the Mrs. RHD Galaxy over if it's going to be a pain to sell it out there!

Don't get me wrong, it is a prime example of what a 2nd hand car should be ... 1 owner from new, low/average mileage, full service history, Ghia Spec, blah, blah. It's just that I have seen ads in the 'classified' section for RHD cars, and just wanted opinions on this subject.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 7:35 PM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

Hi Techno,

We are in a similar predicament too. The feedback that I have had from a few friends in the Costa Del Sol has been favourable as far as that there has always been a demand for good quality RHD British cars for people travelling back to the UK.

We are planning to drive over in our RHD vehicle in approx 6 weeks with the intention of selling it in a few months time if it all works out. I do know of one particular person who did this successfully recently.

It would be interesting to get some feedback from other more experienced individuals.

Regards

John

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 8:19 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

Any ideas on selling RHDs in Almeria province?

Like 0      
12 Nov 2008 9:00 AM by whistler Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

People will buy RHD cars...............if they are very cheap. You will get nothing near the UK value for it in Spain and there are so many available that people going home have a huge choice. I would say about half UK value minus the cost of getting the car back to the UK.....

Like 0      
12 Nov 2008 9:00 AM by whistler Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

People will buy RHD cars...............if they are very cheap. You will get nothing near the UK value for it in Spain and there are so many available that people going home have a huge choice. I would say about half UK value minus the cost of getting the car back to the UK.....

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 9:44 PM by mark_thompson Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

You can actually make a profit on RHD cars if you know what you are doing.... Buy good quality 4X4's off ebay in the Uk and you can get double or triple what you paid for them..

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 7:20 AM by whistler Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

I would be delighted to hear how ,exactly, you can get 2 or 3 times the money for 4x4 ( I have 2 which I am almost giving away yet haven't been able to sell).........Why aren't the car forecourts full of these Golden Eggs  if it is that simple?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 9:43 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Whistler, as a matter of interest, are you on the Costa del Sol?

The reason I ask is that both Johnf below and I have heard the same thing that good quality family sized RHD cars sell very well on the CDS. However, in a telephone conversation with a very good friend of ours yesterday, I happened to mention about the fact we are thinking of driving over in and selling a RHD car and she said that it was NOT a good idea!

I think it's a case of confused dot com again!?!?!

In the end I think we will try and sell the RHD car here and drive over in the LHD car, and if we don't will have the movers take the LHD car and drive over in and sell the RHD car when we get there!

I started this thread to prove to my Mrs that it was a good idea to sell the RHD cars here in the UK before we go and buy a LHD car in the UK and drive that over. I still think that is a better solution, as the high cost of 2nd hand LHD cars in Spain AND the fact that it seems that you will lose money on selling the RHD car in Spain, means that you will save a LOT of money doing what I intended to do all along!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:36 PM by mark_thompson Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

whistler ,

here is an example... go to ebay.co.uk and price up a 8 to 10 year old Jeep grand Cherokee  I will guarantee that you can get a good one for £1000. I got a low mileage Grand Cheorkee Orvis (top of the range model )for this amount in february

Now open your friendly local paper and look at the price a good grand cherokee is selling for.

You can try the same for Pajero's as well

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 7:44 AM by whistler Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

I agree, the figures do look good but I have found the reality to be different....I recently bought a UK car which was advertised at 5000.......................I paid 1500 in the end. Asking price has nothing to do with price achieved. As I said earlier, I have two 4X4 (one is a Pajero Turbo diesel the other is a American LHD) and can't sell them. I have advertised for as little as 1000 Euro and didn't get a call.........There are just too many for sale at the moment..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts
Costs involved - 7 posts
Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
New Year's Eve in Manilva - 19 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Credit crunch can only be a good thing for buyers! - 3 posts
Booking Golf - 3 posts
Moving out there!! - 11 posts
A new edition to the family. - 8 posts
Los Balconces,Santiago de la Ribera - 2 posts
New to this - Conado de Alhama apartment! - 8 posts
cabosol cabo roig - 17 posts
Property Management For Playa Golf, Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
motor bike for sale - 11 posts
school in the orihuela costa area? - 6 posts
up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please? - 6 posts
Spare A Thought - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x