school in the orihuela costa area?

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by louisedawn Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

we are moving to jacarilla on the orihuela costa next year, can anyone tell me where the nearest school is please? not private though please.

i have 4 children aged 7,5,2 and 1.

any info would be great thankyou.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 11:46 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Louise,

First things first,Jacarilla is nowhere near the Orihuela Costa,its in the vega Baja....

Your two eldest children will go to school either in Jacarilla (i think there is a school there) or maybe Bigastro just up the road.

To get NIE for yourrself go to Orihuela Police station and get application forms,as you go in the main door turn right and there is a little office where you can pick up the forms,you will need to take one of these each to the bank and pay the fee(6.80€ i think) i only did one two weeks ago and have forgotten the price already...!!

Then you will be given a time and date to go back and process and collect your certificate.

You dont generally need them for children untill they get to senior school age but while you are there you might as well do them all at once.

I am pretty sure Orihuela town hall is closed on a Thursday so bear that in mind.

By the way i think Jacarilla is a beautiful village especially the gardens around the Old Hacienda...

if you need any more help just ask...

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 2:08 PM by louisedawn Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

ha ha, i realised i put orihuela costa after i wrote it! thats what ya get for talking at the same time as typing!! i knew someone would pick me up on it!

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 10:07 PM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Hi LouiseDawn

This is an area my sister and i looked at a couple of years ago, there is a school next to the swimming pool there it is a few streets behind the palace. The senior school was in the next village and from what i remember there is a bus that takes the older children there and returns them later. It was a lovely place and we really liked the area, but decided there wasn't enough for a teenager to do. Though from what i have seen lately it has expanded quite a lot with the apartments that have been put up since we visited. We are moving to Los Alcazares instead in a couple of weeks. Hope this helps you.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 10:16 PM by louisedawn Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

hi,

that is great thankyou, i could not seem to find any info bout a school ther on the net!

i have been tring to find our appartment on the google earth map but are now wondering from what you just said if our block is not yet on there if they are  still building!!

thankyou for your info, i hope you too will have a successfull move.

louise

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 10:25 PM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Hi Louisedawn

If you put jacarilla, Alicante, Valencia spain in google maps it brings up jacarilla, change the view to satellite and zoom in, then if you move the map down you will find the pool, to the right of this is a small building which was the school for the younger children when we were there.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 10:49 PM by louisedawn Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

hi,

thanks, iwill try that. i managed to find our appartment building(i thik??) he he

my friends are moving out on thurs, they have been told their add is on the urb entre naranjos, jacarilla??? i thought entre naranjos was near los montesinios??? any ideas??

or am i just getting confused?? lol

louise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please? - 6 posts
Spare A Thought - 3 posts
Lock up your bikes!!!!! - 0 posts
hi - 3 posts
Insurance - 1 posts
Lloyds TSB - 5 posts
Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts
Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts
closed doors on local police stations. - 2 posts
Wher have all the Smileys gone??? - 13 posts
Selling car on Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Big THANK YOU to Justin and EOS - 4 posts
Developers responsibility for defects - 4 posts
Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x