Spare A Thought

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

09 Nov 2008 11:53 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Just watched the service in London,always moves me deeply.............

I have a friend who has just finished his 22 years of service and has finally made it to Spain,i now have one of my best friends back as a neighbour.....

I am going with him to La Siesta church on Tuesday 11th,for the British legion service,we both have lost good friends to these conflicts and i always feel humbled at this time of year....

For all the Heroes.....

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 8:46 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi guys

Don't think that there will be many of us who haven't lost someone in the wars - brought it home to me tonight when I was explaining to my son what he was watching on the news, just how young my relatives were when they lost their lives in both the world wars.

Living near an army base & knowing many people who go to Iraq & Afghanistan I live in constant awe of their bravery.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 8:59 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

yesterday, i watched my 12 year old son line up with his scout group alongside old soldiers dripping in medals. Very moving stuff, and brings out very raw emotions about war. Some goiod, some bad. The vicar did a good job of mentioning not only the two main world wars, but the conflicts since and the current ones also. I do hope though that those who return injured are being treated with the respect they deserve? Whatever the politics, these brave people were prepared to offer the ultimate sacrifice. That really should be reflected in the lifestyle that they should be given on their return in my opinion.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lock up your bikes!!!!! - 0 posts
hi - 3 posts
Insurance - 1 posts
Lloyds TSB - 5 posts
Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts
Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts
closed doors on local police stations. - 2 posts
Wher have all the Smileys gone??? - 13 posts
Selling car on Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Big THANK YOU to Justin and EOS - 4 posts
Developers responsibility for defects - 4 posts
Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts
Easyjet Summer Flights - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x