up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by louisedawn Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

we are moving out to spain next march,orihuela costa.

could any one give me details of the when to apply for our NIE numbers please?

i have been told it is easiest to do it once you get to spain at the local police station, where as others have said apply in london??

has anyone applied for theirs recently and also how much is it?

do children need an NIE to get into a school?

any help would be great thanks

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 11:47 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I have replied in the schools thread for you....

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 7:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Louisedawn:

Ansewrs below in bold green:

we are moving out to spain next march,orihuela costa.

could any one give me details of the when to apply for our NIE numbers please?

i have been told it is easiest to do it once you get to spain at the local police station, where as others have said apply in london?? Either way. Police Station in Spain or Spanish Embassy in London. No cost if you do it yourself.

has anyone applied for theirs recently and also how much is it?

do children need an NIE to get into a school? No, they do not.

any help would be great thanks

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 7:22 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Maria,

Interesting post,do they not charge for the NIE number down there? they do here, it changed a few months ago...

Secondly all children in this area need NIE for senior school,it is suprising that areas differ so much on regulation..

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 4:28 PM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

Just to let you know, I moved to Los Alcazares in November 08 and when i went to sort the Padron out for my daughter to go to school and was told i need an NIE for her before they will do it. This is rather annoying as i was told previous to  that i only needed an NIE for my son 14 as he would be attending the senior school. I waited for his to come through before applying for their Padron's toghether, i now wish i had not done this. Apparantely they have changed it and now all children need to have their NIE, before you can apply for a Padron and then copies of both of these to apply for entry to school.. My daughter is not able to go to school until approx the end of February. As i have to wait 30 days before i can go back to Cartagena to collect the NIE. The good news is my son starts tomorrow.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 2:22 PM by Distintive Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

The NIE tax costs €16,01 now, payable to the tax office at the bank via a form filled in at the police station when you go to apply for the NIE. What you would save, if you do it yourself, is paying somebody to do it for you.

Applying for the NIE at the Consulado in your country is ok, only they take longer to issue it. I ignore the amount to be paid as tax for this, or if the Consulado will charge as well for the transaction as "admin fees".

Like 0      
05 May 2009 10:20 AM by tony.c Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

One thing to keep in mind also is that if you are staying in Spain for more than 3 months they do request that you apply for the "Certificate or Registration of EU Member in Spain" or form EX-16 from the MIR or Spanish Interior Ministry website this will get you your NIE and it is simple to get (usually just passport photos, passport and the form).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spare A Thought - 3 posts
Lock up your bikes!!!!! - 0 posts
hi - 3 posts
Insurance - 1 posts
Lloyds TSB - 5 posts
Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts
Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts
closed doors on local police stations. - 2 posts
Wher have all the Smileys gone??? - 13 posts
Selling car on Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Big THANK YOU to Justin and EOS - 4 posts
Developers responsibility for defects - 4 posts
Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x