Completion -Prologue

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

About to complete for an apartment at Naranjos, condado del Alhama, but find it difficult to tie a solicitor to quote all fees ( re : Maria). Also the variation in costs is quite astonishing, for example,

Notary 500 to 800 euros

land registry 350  to 500 euros

Gestion 250 to 400 euros

Power of attorney 70 to 250 euros

Dealing with suppliers  (water, electricity etc ) 70 euros for each supplier to 700 euros total.

Also the fact that no mortgage is needed appears to make no difference to lawyer fees as Michaelrose sugested it might (1160 to 1800 euros). So if anyone out there can make a sound recommendation for a solicitor in the Mercia region please do so.

Can anyone also say if insurance has to be in place in order to complete and regarding utilities is this so difficult  it is better for a lawyer to deal with the suppliers or can it be done in person / oline.

Thanks in advance 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 6:40 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Raff,

Notary and Registry fees are dependant on the purchase price and can be estimated until post completion.  you should also be aware of the 7% IVA and 1% stamp duty, again, both relevant to the purchase price.  If there is a developer mortgage in place, look out for the cancellation fee; this should be paid by the developer!     Buildings insurance MUST be in place for completion.  As you are very near to completion I am guessing that you have already paid half of the lawyer fee?, but if you are looking for a recommendation, there is an excellent lawyer in the Murcia area (who also advertises in the EOS directory) by the name of Ingmar Hessler.   Most lawyers will organise the utilities as part of their service.

Hope above helps!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 8:17 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Sharonw thanks for the prompt reply. My completion date is suposed to be 19th Dec so I'm flying out on 25th Nov for three days to appoint solcitor, obtain NIE, open a bank acount and visit the apartment for snagging.

I've just been informed today that Polaris cannot obtain the NIE number while I'm there so may have to camp out at the local police station in Murcia (is this right place?) But a bit confused about the payment, what do you ask for when you go to the bank to pay the NIE fee and do they provide a receipt as  proof of payment?

I guess by your reply that my time line is difficult but initally completion on the apartment was not due until Jan 2009 and I can only do the best I can in the time allowed.

However, I thought it would have been a matter of contacting the lawyer before flying out and then a quick visit to his office, making any payments due, and signing power of attorney.

Am I being too optimistic ?

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 6:55 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Raff,

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy 3 days!!!   For the NIE number you need to go to the nearest National Police station, it is my understanding that there is no charge when doing this yourself.

I know that some properties on this development have come round sooner than expected(!) and you should have enough time; but if you have not already got a lawyer then I would appoint one asap.  I am also aware that the Habitacion Licence has not been issued for some of the blocks on Los Naranjos (not sure which block you are); are you willing to complete without this?  I would strongly recommend you do not, I know Polaris are keen for completion but there are many implications of completing without the licence and again a lawyer can advise you in regard to the legalities.

Best wishes,

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 8:27 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Sharonw you are a gem, thanks for your assiatance. I have already been in contact with a solicitor and hope to proceed full steam ahead. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
New Year's Eve in Manilva - 19 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Credit crunch can only be a good thing for buyers! - 3 posts
Booking Golf - 3 posts
Moving out there!! - 11 posts
A new edition to the family. - 8 posts
Los Balconces,Santiago de la Ribera - 2 posts
New to this - Conado de Alhama apartment! - 8 posts
cabosol cabo roig - 17 posts
Property Management For Playa Golf, Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
motor bike for sale - 11 posts
school in the orihuela costa area? - 6 posts
up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please? - 6 posts
Spare A Thought - 3 posts
Lock up your bikes!!!!! - 0 posts
hi - 3 posts
Insurance - 1 posts
Lloyds TSB - 5 posts
Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts
Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x