Lloyds TSB

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

If you have a Lloyds TSB bank account  in the UK, you can transfer money completely free of charge if you open one in Spain.  Musicdonna

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 11:28 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I would be interested to hear where you have got this information as that is not the implication from the LloydsTSB website.

There is no mention of free transfers in the International Account details & in fact they detail what charges you will pay.

I have worked for LTSB for 30 years & have never known them to do something like this for nothing. However, I don't work in a branch or International so I may have missed the details.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 11:25 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

We've got a Lloyds account and you can transfer money from your English account, at no charge

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 6:20 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think they are all jumping on the bandwagon now aren't they? My wife went into Barclays in Mojacar and was given all the information about free transfers from UK to Spain, I imagine the exchange rate isn't too favourable though?

Other banks, Citibank are mine, have introduced SEPA transfers which they say are also free to Europe. Maybe times are changing?

Mark

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 8:23 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

you get the inter bank rate of the day on smaller transfers it's better than moneycorp

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 1:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's worth knowing, thanks, I may check it out for my next transfer across. May be better than paying £12 to XE for the transfer.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts
Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts
closed doors on local police stations. - 2 posts
Wher have all the Smileys gone??? - 13 posts
Selling car on Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Big THANK YOU to Justin and EOS - 4 posts
Developers responsibility for defects - 4 posts
Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts
Easyjet Summer Flights - 10 posts
Painting Courses- Christmas Presents! - 1 posts
AIRPORT HELP!!!!! - 3 posts
On -line shopping..any help out there? - 4 posts
Warning - don't fall for this scam - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x