Robbed while driving from Bilbao

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by big t Star rating in Wolverhampton/la cal.... 4 posts Send private message

Just to let folks now about a scam thats operating on roads from the port and maybe elsewhere

I  was driving from bilbao in my english reg car on a toll road when a black A3  audi drove along side of me with two smart  looking men inside, the one in the passengers side showed what looked like a police badge and told me to pull over which I did as I was doing about 130 mph. He then got out of his car and said that he was looking for drugs. He searched the wife's handbag looked in the car then asked if there was anything in my pockets all I had was my wallet with over 1k sterling which he looked at and passed me my wallet back with all the money in, he then asked to look at our passports and asked some questions then with a change of tone in his voice asked if the money I had was fake I said no he then asked to see it again so I  took the money out and passed it to him he looked again and asked me to get out of the car and follow him to his car soon as I was out of the car he was getting into his YOU PROBLEY KNOW WHATS COMMING NEXT yes he wound down his window looked and waved as he drove off with my money . PLEASE DO NOT STOP FOR ANYBODY unless they are in marked police cars then still be carefull. Luckly it was only money that can be replaced your Life cant.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 9:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, thanks for the heads-up!  Like you day, at least you guys are ok.

Scary stuff though.  It's bad enough being pulled over by the police but when you get robbed at the same time...

Did you get the licence plate number of their car and report it to the police?

Maybe they were the real police just getting a bit of extra cash for Christmas 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 10:15 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I've heard of that scam before. I think it was in Barcelona.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 10:23 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

Sorry to hear of this scam. As was said you are lucky it was only money and you are ok. This is not uncommon an occurance. The usual one is at airports the thieves are waiting for hire cars and when you are approaching a stop sign they just bump you at your rear. When you get out to exchange details etc. their friend will take handbags etc when you are not looking. The best advice to everyone is when you have any accident anywhere in the world before you get out of your car take a photo of the other people. When you get out of your car take the keys with you and LOCK it. If you have a mobile phone either phone the police, 112, or pretend to. This will scare off the thief but not the genuine driver who might have actually had the accident with you. Always remember you should take photos of any prang you have and all  the allegded damage to the other car. It is amazing the number of cars that have a slight prang with just a slight scrape on a bumper that suddendly becomes an enormous gorge that needs a new bumper, engine mounts, windscreen, roof etc.

Hope this does not ruin you opinion of this lovely country.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 10:47 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

If you were doing 130 mph and had an accident you could have killed someone else so maybe the 1000 was cheap!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will it make a difference???? - 13 posts
closed doors on local police stations. - 2 posts
Wher have all the Smileys gone??? - 13 posts
Selling car on Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Big THANK YOU to Justin and EOS - 4 posts
Developers responsibility for defects - 4 posts
Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts
Easyjet Summer Flights - 10 posts
Painting Courses- Christmas Presents! - 1 posts
AIRPORT HELP!!!!! - 3 posts
On -line shopping..any help out there? - 4 posts
Warning - don't fall for this scam - 0 posts
Car Hire Scam - 18 posts
Furniture / kitchen recommendations - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x