THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by VISCOUNT Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

HI to anyone who reads this thread, please here our plight.
my wife and i purchased our spanish home back in 2005 through an agent sol seeker property . we purchased the house and got our 80% mortgage through la caxia. on recomendation we used spanish lawyers belchi associat. in alicante. we paid all the iva taxes and transferred the money on time. things were going well when last year we did i accept fall behind with our mortgage payments however we had a tenant in the house paying 600 euros p/m and the mortgage was only 900 euros so a shortfall of 300 euros p/m. 
we received an email which i have kept from la caxia bank asking me to clear the outstanding debt of the mortgage or else will be repossesed within a few weeks they wanted 6000 euros!! when i questioned the amount i was told by the banks branch manager that it was for legal fees aswell. i asked for the name of the spanish lawyer who was dealing with repossesion for them and the paperwork but i was never given it. i also asked for a break down of each month the mortgage was never paid and also why i hadnt been sent any letters telling me of the banks decision to go ahead for a repossesion again this has never be sent or given. I then transferred 6000 euros over into my spanish bank account which we both thought would be the end of it all. how wrong we were.....
now only yesterday i received an email from the bank claiming that i owe 18,000 euros because the notary didnt know that our house in spain was our second home. below is a copy of the email sent to me by La caxia bank.

Today as yet at 22.04 i have heard nothing from la caxia bank again after sending them several emails and telephoning there office in san javier 9 times through out the day heard nothing. both my wife and i are frantic with worry and dont have the money to send plus we cant afford to hire a spanish lawyer to work on our behalf we really are struggling here and need some help here. i have even tried to contact the spanish consulate in spain without much luck no one seems bothered. i even threatened in an email to contact the police as i feel someone in the bank is acting fraudulently but that didnt work either.
now tomorrow i will again try and contact them but this time i have eye on spain to try and help me out so anyone out there can offer two very worried people advice please please help us out here we are desperate
people.
mr and mrs robinson
Dear Mr Robinson
how are you?
I’m fine even if I’ sorry to tell you that the money you send to pay the debit of the mortgage is not sufficient.
The reason why is that the notary that is working for you has found out that you are not resident and this caused much more costs.
Up to now to cancel the debit  you have for the unpaid mortgage you should pay € 18.000.
We tried to not cover you so much money telling to the notary that the house was your usual home, but it didn’t work because in the purchase contract it’s clear that it’s your second house and this cause much more cost.  
I’m very sorry and we understand that for you it can be difficult to collect this money but there is no way.

We are available for any other quieries.

Regards.

Stefania Urbani
La Caixa,  Avenida del Recuerdo
San Javier – 4471
tel  968549880
tel 618754138
fax 968192306

YOU can imagine how distraught my wife and i were at receiving this email and straight away contacted the spanish lawyers who delt with the sale on our behalf. understandably i was very angry, upset when i sent the email to the lawyers and since apologised to them for the wording of my email,
i have assured by the lawyers that they did everything right and declared to the notary that indeed the house i was buying was clearly my second house. here again is the email i received from the lawyers

Now since then i have sent several emails to la caxia bank and received one reply and here it is 

Dear Mr Robinson,
my manager told me she’s going to phone you to speak about the problem.

Regards.

Stefania Urbani

Dear Sir,

I go on to comment you the follow:

You required a response from us in 48 hours, and you will have it in two hours, what we demand you is the same rapidity apologizing yourself for the statements you have done about us in your communication to this firm,

Independent of your particular conduct and communications with the bank had been made without our advice saving fees but at the same time with the risk of  misunderstand things with the consequences that this entails, your e-mail it is an example, if the mention you did about the 18.000€ is as it appears in relation with the communication sent to you by La Caixa I assure you that:

1º.- When the Caixa says “we” declared your house as a non usual home, they refer “we La Caixa”, not this firm . We don´t know to whom La Caixa declared it but it is TOTALLY clear that they didn´t do it in  the Notary where we acted in your behalf.

2º.- At the Notary, our firm, on your behalf we declared ESPECIFICALLY (third page of the Mortgage Deed) that “in accordance with the representative IS NOT THE USUAL DOMICILE and is what we declared. If someone did something different  you should ask the explanations to whom is necessary to.

3º.- Seeing what was mentioned before and according to the contain of La Caixa e-mail, someone in there must explain to whom and how your property was declared an usual home and what are these 18.000€ are for, but this firm NEVER EVER MADE THIS STATEMENT and this appear in the Deed made in front of the Notary, so we deserve an apology for what you have said about us.

4º.- I don´t even understand what La Caixa says in its e-mail that in the Notary “ they realized” that you are nonresident, we specifically  declared that you were nonresident  three years ago. The Notary  have  nothing to investigate because everything it is stated in the Deed since the beginning. We did tell them.

5º.- The taxes payments and costs for the purchase and  the mortgage have been done by the bank at that time on your name, not this firm, so they are the ones who have to give you an appropriate explanation of how and when they did and if they declared your property as an usual one against what we did declared at the Notary. We have no knowledge of it because we didn´t do that proceeding, being a requirement from them to do it themselves.  

6º.- At least, we do not understand why the 6.000€ passed to be a debt of 18.000€. It is something that has no sense to us.We pressume that are some things that we haven’t been told and that is why we understand nothing at all.

If the debt that they claimed is refer to something different than what the Caixa says in the attached e-mail that you have sent, the reason of it will be out of our knowledge because we have no other detail. We understand that if you sent it to us this is the origin of it. If it is like this it has been proved  that this firm has absolutely nothing to do with what you claim for and we deserve respect for all the work that we have done for you.

After all these explanation I demand you a rectification for your words. This firm has a reputation that you have threat  For all these  and in defense and honor of the people working in this firm, we demand a rectification in a maximum term of 24 hours.

José Belchí

Like 0      
06 Nov 2008 11:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sorry to hear about your plight but I really don't understand what's going on here.

You say that you've been paying 600 Euros every month for your mortgage when in fact you were supposed to pay 900. 

The bank then tells you that you need to pay 6000 Euros to cover the arrears.  How much of that was supposed to be the charges?  Do you have this in writing?

In terms of the 18,000 Euros, surely they need to send you a formal letter explaining exactly what this payment is for and why it has come about.  Have they done this?

Going from what seems to be an email from your lawyer at the end of your post, it seems they did everything in accordance with the law so there really shouldn't be any issues now.

You really need to get all this in writing before doing anything.  They need to write to you and explain exactly what you've got to pay and exactly why. You may need to get some legal help too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 6:44 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Send the Bank a burofax asking them for the explanation of previous debt ( 6000 €) and the one they are trying to charge you now. Of course, keep every paper and keep paying your mortgage instalments.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 11/7/2008.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 10:21 AM by VISCOUNT Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thanks justin i can assure you i havent received any paper work what so ever from the bank at all. i havent received any break down in charges relating to arrears or legal costs i havent had any formal letter off any lawyer detailing as to why this is happening i still havent heard off lacaxia. i was aware that i was falling behind with my mortgage as i said by 300 euros p/m as the tenant in there was paying 600 euros and still is however i never missed a full 12 months mortgage which would equal 12 months at 300 euros= 3600 euros which then would have left 2400 euros legal costs which would have added up to the 6000 euros i sent over last week. i still await this break down. would you have a number or email address of the spanish ombudsman?.
i have kept all emails that lacaxia have sent to me infact i have posted them on here and that is the gods honest truth tis all i have nothing from any lawyer acting for them nothing from themselves. its extremely worrying we dont know which way to turn.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 10:46 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think you need to do as Maria has suggested and send them a burofax aksing for the exact breakdown of the costs.  Their emails are certainly not enough to go on for you understand why you have to pay what they're asking for.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 10:51 AM by VISCOUNT Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you i will do that but please explain what a burofaz is please forgive my ignorance is is simply a normal fax

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 6:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

This almost sounds like a Nigerian scam. I know it sounds ridiculous, but are you sure the claims for money are bonafide? It almost sounds to me like someone working at the bank has got wind of the fact that you are in arrears and is trying to extort payment from you. I (fortunately) have no personal experience of such situations, but this all seems very unofficial and disorganised to me.

A burofax is a registered fax which I believe, by law, must be acknowledged. I don't know if you can send one from a UK post office though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 6:23 PM by VISCOUNT Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thank you roberto for you thoughts i also believe its to far fetched not to be real. believe me its very real and i still havent heard from lacaxia bank.
but i know one thing for sure i wouldnt recomend them to anyone thinking of using them for a mortgage i have left 8 messages to there office to day without one single reply how unprofessional is that..
we are besides ourself with worry we dont even know what lawyers they are using so that we can contact them direct its a complete nonsense.. i will keep you all posted on whats happening and if anyone can help us please post your details on here even if you think its only a small help it may be a big one to us.
regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts
Easyjet Summer Flights - 10 posts
Painting Courses- Christmas Presents! - 1 posts
AIRPORT HELP!!!!! - 3 posts
On -line shopping..any help out there? - 4 posts
Warning - don't fall for this scam - 0 posts
Car Hire Scam - 18 posts
Furniture / kitchen recommendations - 6 posts
Diesel Renault Scenic for sale. (small people carrier shape) - 6 posts
markandjane - 17 posts
How do you survive without Speaking Spanish - 41 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - job help for Gib etc would be great - 21 posts
Obama is the new US president - 4 posts
E BOOK CRISIS! - 6 posts
looking for 3bed rental in algorfa area for march09 long term - 0 posts
Cox, near Orihuela. - 1 posts
stamp duty - 3 posts
markandjane - 0 posts
ITV on a Moped - 1 posts
Is property exchange legal in Spain? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x