will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2008 9:07 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Simon

you are correct in the "lucky" part in my opinion what all should do is find a figure that works for them worst case and then forward buy-yes they culd lose out but as you readil ypoin tout the piece of mind is of equal importance, speaking t soem clients hwo are traders this morning and they dont see the euro staying as strong in the long term-lets all hope that they are correct!

shaun

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 12:41 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Shaun, lets hope not everyone sees the glass half empty as i do,

still, i will be in spain next week so life is not all that bad....

With the forward points minimal, ie 15 points in the favour of a euro purchaser, we need the spot a lot higher.

cheers

simon

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 9:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Has Euribor really dropped that much in 6 months? At our last 6 monthly calculation our mortgage dropped €80pcm. We have just received our next 6 monthly recalc and it has dropped by a further €260pcm!! Time to start squirreling away some of that extra ready for the inevitable increase sometime in the future .

Mark

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 1:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

What goes down must go up!!

Think you are very wise to stash some cash for the inevitable rainy day. I think we probably have 12 to 18 months at these levels and maybe even a touch lower, but we shall see. With a 6 monthly revision subject to how the economy pans out you may see a further small benefit later in the year but the bottom may have hit before the next one - having said that I dont think the initial momentum back up will be massive but I think it could start to accelerate as we start having to address the problem of inflation ............................................... lets all look into our crystal balls ....................................... would that our esteemed global leaders had access to one ......................................... or had even taken notice of wise sages such as Warren Buffet or the Wall Street Journal in 1999. I imagine they were too busy listening to the likes of Grant Bovey and Anthea Turner instead - esteemed economics commentators indeed.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 3:01 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Dont forget to also consider the exchange rate specially if your income will be in sterling, people I know have lost quite a few hundred euros a month in their pensions due to this and they are now struggling to pay the euro mortgage.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 9:51 AM by tmdaniel Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Some very sensible comments there from Smiley, rates wont be this low forever, best to make hay whilst the sun shines!!!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 10:10 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

despite policitians seeing "green shoots of recovery" as a UK based IFA for over 20 years I have offered my opinion to many clients that it will be 18 months+ before we find ourselves in a "normal" marketplace once again.

what does make me laugh mind is the fact that when base rates in the uk were cut to 0.5% someone in th house stood up and proclaimed that the lenders must pass these cuts on to the public ..........now that most banks are known as "bank of government" this hue and cry has not been heard again!

Lenders are making on average circa 2.75% on each mortgage where in the prime (putting aside adverse/ subprime lending) they were making circa 1.2%!

It appears a "common" strategy for those who are uK based and have a mortgage in Spain is to raise from the UK mortgage use this money to pre buy euros that said decent rates ar eonly available in the Uk for those with 60% or less loan to value.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bilingual English teacher needed in Granada - 1 posts
I am considering purchasing a resale on Polaris CondadhoAlhama. - 8 posts
4 bedroom penthouse in Los Granados del Mar. - 1 posts
Property Wanted: Long Term Rental Quesada Area - 5 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up Fri 17th Oct - 4 posts
Car dealers - 6 posts
What happens when the developer declares itself as bankrupt? - 23 posts
commercial property villamartin or quasada - 0 posts
small commercial unit - 0 posts
Painting Walls and Properties in the Community - 1 posts
Damp problems and answers - 8 posts
Buying a rustic property - 15 posts
Ford fiesta - 0 posts
Maybe Good New's - 2 posts
Work Wanted... Query for Justin. - 7 posts
newbie in need - 2 posts
Are There 2 Torreviejas? - 9 posts
Airlines forward buying their fuel - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR FURNITURE - 3 posts
quasada or villamartin - 5 posts
What is happening - 0 posts
Spanish Holiday - 4 posts
Finally all Completed!! The long and winding road! - 3 posts
EasyJet online check in - 9 posts
Damp in property Mar Menor - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x