Property Wanted: Long Term Rental Quesada Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by johncaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My wife and I are shortly about to retire and would like to find a 2-3 bed detached or semi detached villa in the Quesada/Rojales/Villa Martin areas ideally with private pool and off street parking. We are looking for a rental term of between 2 and 3 years and have pets to bring to Spain. We have no preference for furnished or un-furnished but in view of our pets unfurnished may be a better option for the owner/landlord. We have tried OPI and a number of other agents who advertise themselves as "long term rental agents" but these tend to be winter holiday lets. If anybody could help us we would be very grateful.  We need to get away from the grey skies of England! as soon as possible and get back to the sunshine and warmth of Spain.
Many thanks for any assistance you can give.
Best regards to all
John & Carolyn

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 2:17 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi, and welcome to the forum

I let my property through OPI, on a long let basis.   The longest let that you will probably get is for 11months at a time (hopefully renewable) because of the rental laws.  Because of circumstances I am letting my house for the foreseeable future - unable to get out to Spain for some time.  In May, I let my house for 6 months, will continue to let for further 6 month periods to the same tenant, if mutually OK. 

Wish you well in your search of letting agents - there are a lot of them about - some far better than others!! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 4:20 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Look in the Property section above.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 9:06 AM by johncaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi - it took some getting registered onto the forum but we did persevere!
What we are looking for is back to back 11 month agreements covering a 2-3 year period. We have been in touch with OPI and are disappointed at the service they are offering.  They told us about a property in Villa Martin which having read our specification they said would be ideal.  We called them yesterday to make arrangements to go and visit only to find it is very different, ie the landlord will only let for 6 months! Our feeling is that they hope to be able to strike a deal with a tenant and a landlord/owner.  Have to say we were disappointed with them but good luck to you with your letting and thx for your generous response.
We used to live on Quesada and sold our house in 2003 so we know the area quite well including its pitfalls!
Kind Regards
John & Caz

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 12:51 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hello all,

I work for a holiday home website that has loads of properties in Spain. Although dealing with holiday homes, a lot of our advertisers have indicated that they would be interested in long term lets, so it's worth having a look through. Click on the link in my signature and then go to our search pages - once you've refined the area, there's the option to filter out long term lets on the right hand side.

Hope this has been of some use and remember if anyone would like advice on letting their holiday home please do let me know!

Best wishes

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 3:52 PM by Hackett Star rating in Torrevieja, Costa Bl.... 4 posts Send private message

Hi,

I wish you luck in your search for a rental property.

I am very surprised re OPI, they have a very good reputation and we have always found them to be very professional and honest.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone fancy meeting up Fri 17th Oct - 4 posts
Car dealers - 6 posts
What happens when the developer declares itself as bankrupt? - 23 posts
commercial property villamartin or quasada - 0 posts
small commercial unit - 0 posts
Painting Walls and Properties in the Community - 1 posts
Damp problems and answers - 8 posts
Buying a rustic property - 15 posts
Ford fiesta - 0 posts
Maybe Good New's - 2 posts
Work Wanted... Query for Justin. - 7 posts
newbie in need - 2 posts
Are There 2 Torreviejas? - 9 posts
Airlines forward buying their fuel - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR FURNITURE - 3 posts
quasada or villamartin - 5 posts
What is happening - 0 posts
Spanish Holiday - 4 posts
Finally all Completed!! The long and winding road! - 3 posts
EasyJet online check in - 9 posts
Damp in property Mar Menor - 1 posts
House & Animal Sit in Lubrin, Almeria - 0 posts
Taxes & charges - 5 posts
HELLO ALL - 4 posts
Parador's Payment Schedule! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x