newbie in need

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by tns Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

hi,
   i'm new on here and new to the idea of getting a place in spain. Have been having a bad time with my knees and shoulders so am thinking of buying a place to hide from the cold and damp during the winter.i am in the position of owning my house and a flat that i rent out,so no massive bills.i have 50k in the bank and was wondering how much more i would need to save before thinking about buying. i want to buy a 2bed villa with private pool .Have always holidayed around the north of the costa blanca as in laws had a flat in appollo 5 in calpe.i love javea ,denia and those sort of places along that area.have stayed in orba,combre del sol, benidoleig and would like to buy within this sort of area.Do you think waiting for markets to settle is a good idea, as there is so much conflicting info around.Prices are going to drop the pound is going to get stronger etc etc etc.. Any advice welcome
                                                                            many thanks
                                                                                                       Tony

Like 0      
11 Oct 2008 10:01 AM by Karen4 Star rating in Arboleas. 6 posts Send private message

According to Spanish news it seems unlikely that house prices will drop much, if any, further. You will get much more for your money by staying away from the obvious tourist areas, and by moving inland from the coast. When I moved here 7 months ago I got a large, detached villa with private pool for about the same price as a 2-bed apartment on the coast!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2008 7:14 PM by tns Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

HI KAREN,
                   Had already thought of that and spent 3 weeks near you in the little hamlet of El Rincon.I think if i was lookin for a place to live yours would be the area i'd choose.
Am only looking for some where to holiday at the momment and as i have 4 kids i need to be somewhere a little more lively.(they are 17 15 8 and 6).i know i can buy exactley what i want and more near you for around 200000euros . a villa i looked at while i was there has just shown up on a website for sale and in august when i saw it they were asking 218,000 now its 195,000.with the current financial situation i dont think you can be sure what prices will do.i wouldn't believe the spin in the papers about  prices its about as reliable as the official figures.  thanks for you imput.

TONY

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are There 2 Torreviejas? - 9 posts
Airlines forward buying their fuel - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR FURNITURE - 3 posts
quasada or villamartin - 5 posts
What is happening - 0 posts
Spanish Holiday - 4 posts
Finally all Completed!! The long and winding road! - 3 posts
EasyJet online check in - 9 posts
Damp in property Mar Menor - 1 posts
House & Animal Sit in Lubrin, Almeria - 0 posts
Taxes & charges - 5 posts
HELLO ALL - 4 posts
Parador's Payment Schedule! - 2 posts
Poliza de Afiancamiento - 2 posts
Nicky - 0 posts
jinlun 125 cruiser for sale - 5 posts
Air Conditioning - 9 posts
You know that you are old when.................................................... - 2 posts
Alboran v La Envia - 0 posts
dongles and werbles - 6 posts
Live(ish) flight arrivals/ departures information - 2 posts
PE RATTAN FURNITURE - 2 posts
OUT OF WORK. - 5 posts
Fraudulent 'Owners' - 22 posts
Is this true? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x