From bad to worse, whats going on? wheres my money gone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Sep 2008 4:59 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I really do not understand this at all, have you asked your neighbour's if they have had the same, have they received bill's?.  Cannot help you a lot as we are only just coming of builder's elec and having the meter's fitted and we completed three year's ago, but we do have the LFO do you have this.  I do not know why it has taken so long it sounds like Iberdrola have to contract the work out  and their is a shortage of manpower but I could be wrong.  But they are supposed to be coming tomorrow to do our meter if it is not cancelled again. Take care Pat

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 7:32 PM by drsue Star rating in NE Hants/Costa Cali.... 29 posts Send private message

We are in England and got a very large Iberdola bill of 470 euros thismonth - we were only over for 2 weeks in August. Thought it was a bit steep so we got a neighbour to read the meter and we had been charged 400euros too much. Our Spanish neighbour says all residents had been overcharged. I wonder what Iberdrola are playing at. I still haven't managed to get them to reclculate the bill depite numerous emails.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 7:45 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Hi Twinmummy

Have you been on Iberdrola website to download a copy of your bill?  It should cover a period of two months.

Can you remember who first set up the direct debit, was it your abogado/a?  If so, can you go back to them to query problem.?Do you still retain an abogado/a?   My abogada set up all our direct debits, and if there is a problem with anything she just sorts it.

Wishing you all the best

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 7:45 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Hi Twinmummy

Have you been on Iberdrola website to download a copy of your bill?  It should cover a period of two months.

Can you remember who first set up the direct debit, was it your abogado/a?  If so, can you go back to them to query problem.?Do you still retain an abogado/a?   My abogada set up all our direct debits, and if there is a problem with anything she just sorts it.

Wishing you all the best

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

abbbb1´s avatar
Hi Twinmummy

Wishing you all the best

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 9/29/2008.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 7:47 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Not sure what happened - system hung and then produced three copies

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 8:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Just echoing what abbbb1 says about the Iberdrola website.
We too, along with everyone on our complex have been stung with extortionate bills. Have registered with them and had our correct meter reading checked. Way over the top.
They have sorted it out now, so I would say that the website would be the better route to take rather than trying to ring them. 

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 9:17 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy

We are renting a property at the moment, and our landlord pays the bills by direct debit, however a paper copy comes to the apartment, so we go to see him and pay the bill (we then  get a copy from him).  We only paid 28 euros for the last bill from Iberdrola and 36 euros for Gasnatural.  OK we weren't here for the whole of the 2 months, and there are only the two of us, but even if you take those figures for one month it is a lot less.  We have just received the latest bills and will see the landlord later this week.  I will let you know if they are a lot more, as we had six extra people (John's daughter and her family) for part of that time!

Hope that you get things sorted out.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 5:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Twinmummy,
Have you sorted Iberdrola yet? We have had our money put back into our account.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 6:20 PM by drsue Star rating in NE Hants/Costa Cali.... 29 posts Send private message

Iberdrola have finally replied to my emails and are refunding us the €400 that we were overcharged.
It does seem odd to me that so many people have been overcharged for the same billing period. It's one way of "borrowing" money if you have cash flow issues I suppose.
Call me cynical.
Sue

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 6:48 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Have been in touch with some of my neighbours in Spain - who have gone through their bills with a fine toothcomb - and they think that theirs (that are about the same size as mine) are correct.  So, no rebate for me!

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 10/1/2008.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 6:57 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We have just had our latest bill from Iberdrola, which was 46.76 euros for 2 months.  This included 6 guests for 12 days, where the washing machine, fans and TV/DVD were being used constantly, plus charging John's grandsons Gameboys frequently!  I would definitely query your bill.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 8:08 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi, 
Sorry for the delay in telling you where I am up too. We rang Iberdrola, who initialy kept hanging up on us, they said the bill was correct, so my husband went to get a meter reading,( we did not have a key) so he got one from the administrators, in the meantime, I took the advice from some people on this thread and went on their web site,obviously with me not have a good level of Spanish it took a bit of time and a few translation pages, anyway I managed to sign up to be registered, got a list of all y bills, and managed to change the monthly amount going out to a set figure each month of 42euros.. So at least the future is sorted I at least know how much is gonna come out and when.

As for the present, my husband took a meter reading and got back to Iberdrola who have since continuely cut us off, I am about to email them but dont know if I should do this in English or Spanish as I would have to use a translation service.

We went back to the agent who sold us the property to ask if they could help us as they (in our mind) set up the payments for the house hold bills, she told us we will have to go back to the bank and request all statements then speak to our solicitors as they should offer a fiscal service to us (what ever one of those are). It will cost us money but they will sort it for us.

I dont know what to do next, we should have come here for an easier life and I dont feel like I know my arse from my elbow at the moment, lol.

Sorry to babble on but if anyone knows anymore about this overcharging, or can help me with anything else I mentioned please post.

Also, I have to ask to be cheeky, If anyone knows of any work at the moment for my hardworking husband please let me know, he is a excellent welder/metal worker, but at the moment will turn his hand to anything to bring some needed money in..

Many thanks to you all, I hope we can get through this, I am sure we will with your help.

Bye for now

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 8:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
DrSue
 don't think you're being cynical, I said the same thing, look what it says on their web site................................

IBERDROLA RAISES FIRST HALF 2008 PROFIT BY 78% TO €1,959 MILLION, 

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:06 PM by drsue Star rating in NE Hants/Costa Cali.... 29 posts Send private message

Dear twinmummy

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

Email them in English. I used google language tools to translate into Spanish and iberdrola wrote back in English saying it made no sense!!

I used this email address
clientes@iberdrola.com

I put name/address/passport number/client number and the bill number (no factura) and the amount of the bill.Then expalined the discrepancy in the bill with a meter reading.
It did take a few days. Make sure you put read receipt on your emails - then at least you know they've read them.
HTH
Good luck
Sue

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:07 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Twinmummy
I used the language tool on the right hand side of google main page. If you copy and paste whatever you want it will translate from Spanish to English (or whatever language you want) I continuously went from statement to this and could see what it said.
We all have access to our meters so our president and a lady that lives there full time who i am in contact with via e mail read our meter. I e mailed the fractura number and the stupid reading to them and our president (who is Spanish) kindly got in touch with Iberdrola for us. So I think the advice is, you can do some  yourself (e mail them using the spanish translation) and if you do know someone who speaks spanish then that would be even better. Can't wait til we're on mains water

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

01 Oct 2008 9:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
The translation tools are a bit pants really as everything is translated literally. If  have to use them I use short sentences, translate to Spanish and then back to English. If it makes sense to me, then I use the Spanish. If it doesn't, I think of some easier words and try again until it sounds right.

Mark

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:55 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
 Yes, I agree with you on that one Mark, sorry I should have mentioned that too. It's good for indivdual words to understand the billing. (And what a bill)!!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 10:36 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Hi Twinmummy

Our abogada (fiscal rep)deals with our Suma, taxes and in between sorts out any other legal problems that we may have.  She set up our direct debits with the various utility companies, after the house purchase.  Not sure just how reasonable her charges are, but she charges around €150 per year to deal with our taxes and minor problems - which could include problems with utilities.  It's handy for us to have someone in Spain that we can quickly e-mail, who is on the spot and can sort out out any queries.

About the translation system.  It is ugh!!  Have tried a few, but haven't found one that gives a good translation.  Now I'm lucky enough to deal with correspondence in Spanish, but it's taken me a few years!  So my personal opinion is that it's better to write to Iberdrola in English, rather than risk confusion - or else, do you know anyone who can speak Spanish?

It's great news that you've sorted out the amount of direct debit.

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 10/1/2008.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NossieHi - 2 posts
Small claims Procedure (SCP) in Spain. " Monitorios" - 7 posts
4 new dining chairs for sale - 0 posts
Property management company in Rojales area - 3 posts
Alicante airport - getting petrol - 20 posts
looking for an old friend - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 5 posts
Property wealth tax and unleased urban property tax for non fiscal residents - 4 posts
How to close our SxlBank account? - 1 posts
Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts
Ready Made Curtains & Bed covers - 7 posts
When you've done the work and they just won't pay!! - 5 posts
Web Cam - 0 posts
Why are banks not paying out ? - 7 posts
Calpe apartments - 0 posts
wanted URGENT! Man with big van for local removal, torrevieja area - 0 posts
Hotels in Denia? - 0 posts
Spanish Alphabet? - 2 posts
Great Way to Learn Spanish-FREE! - 6 posts
ANYTHING U MISS FROM UK? - 97 posts
WHERE U FROM & HOW LONG U BEEN IN SPAIN? - 8 posts
COMPUTER ENGINEER WANTING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 12 posts
ANY REGRETS?? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 55

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x