Anyone else going rusty?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2008 4:13 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar
Hi All
Re the photo in the Mirror on Wednesday, we had a good old groan when we saw it, Guardamar is our local beach when in Spain, and Tynemouth is our local beach(at the bottom of the street!) at home.

Tynemouth is a beautiful beach, this stretch is called the long sands and is prolific with surfers whatever the weather , shame we don't get enough of the GOOD weather!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 4:50 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
HI all,
Two things really,That picture is never Guardamar beach!! you only have to look at the skyline and the coastline to know that,how do the English press think we beleive anything they say when they cant even take a photograph of the right place!!!!
Secondly,i have just got back from the Airport after picking friends up from the UK,i am sure as they waddled through arrivals in a long line some of them were quacking!!!, how do you get webbed feet in a pair of flip flops??!!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 5:58 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

If it helps - this is what the weather is like here in Granada.

It's 8.00pm, 28ºC, 47% humidity.

However, in winter it can be like this......

Castilléjar in January

..but only for a few days!

Just going out the back to crack open a bottle of Mahou.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 11:22 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
Wow Max what beautiful scenery!

Jules

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 11:22 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
Wow Max what beautiful scenery!

Jules

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 10:12 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Thanks, Jules

The photos don't do it justice though.

Will post some more when I have an internet link that works for more than 2 seconds without crashing (server problems - well, it IS Spain!)

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 11:42 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
So what is this thing called c e n t r a l h e a t i n g then? We dont bother with aircon here, Im not used to it but in the old days you could see me with the fridge door open for a few minutes to cool down

Ive always maintined its easier to cool down than heat your bones up - one of the many reasons aI made the move years ago

I gotta tell you this one too - last week I finished a very long hard days work (honest) and it was 10pm. A curry had been ordered and I was on the way to collect when overcome with an urge for a glass of rose wine. Not wanting to drink at the restaurant with takeaway bag in hand, I went to Opencor BUT after 10pm you cannot legaly buy alcohol any more (booooo).

Finding a rare parking space, I rushed to the seurity guard and explained after long days work really REALLY needed some wine. I knew about the time limit but was I still within it (at 10.08pm!) He told me to get my wine, which I did and then came to the till.

3 servers all busy with clients. Security man explained my predicament and the chap being served and the server both told me to get the bottle to the till as its time locked. Hallelujah it worked! I sear it was the fastest I have ever seen anything in Spain move and reinforced why I came here - tor the lifestyle!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 1:13 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

There you are, Jules.  That is exactly what the weather is like today.

Everyone should visit inland Spain at least once - and for me Granada province is the best - along with the city of Granada which is fantastic.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 2:13 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
Thanks for the lovely pictures, it really is superb there Max, a pity it is so far from the Costa Blanca! Anyway when I come out at the end of September, I will definately go exploring inland to see what I can find.

Jules

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 3:35 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Rixxy - central heating - that's when you have the stove in the centre of the room, innit?

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 6:34 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

That sounds about right to me - luckily we only do that once or twice a year! 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 9:17 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Jules,

One of the closest wildernesses to you is the Sierra de Espuña which is near to Alhama de Murcia.  It is truly spectacular, and only about an hour from Torre.  You can get down to Murcia easily now that the pass from San Javier is open.  Murcia city is not the jewel in the Spanish crown, but it's worth a visit.  Then you could carry on to AlHama, and then up into the mountains.  There are bars and restaurants but still loads of space.

Enjoy!

This, however, is Granada:

This message was last edited by Max Kite on 8/28/2008.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 7:48 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
I'm very envious of the scenery - great pictures, Max !

However, happy to report that the brown on my body isn't rust any more!! 

A few days of sunshine have done wonders! , and by all accounts there's more to come!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 6:19 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Central Heating on?  Won the lottery, have we?  Looks like extra woolly pullies and anoraks for us this winter in UK. 
Just got our new Gas bill.  We haven't had the central heating on since March and only have the hot water on for an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening (the shower is electric).  Not only am I now not in credit on my bill, but my direct debit payments are going to be increased from £29 a month to £42 a month.  Heaven help us when the summer is over.
Fairly warm today but still complete grey skies all over, not enough blue to make a sailor's jacket, as my Gran used to say.
Still, they reckon the hot weather's coming next week, just as the kids go back to school.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 9:29 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Sorry Bobaol, still blue skies here!

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 10:52 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Blue skies here as well, OH has rushed off to play golf as tomorrow (his normal day) it's going to rain, rain, and rain.

Bobaol - £29 a month!!!!! are you sure you use Gas, mine before rise was £49 now up to £65.  Do you wear ski gear to keep warm, or do you have another form of heating coal fire?

Just curious, how much does everyone else pay?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:00 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Yes we have some sun today Hooray.      We pay 31 a month for gas but I know  that will be going up and 29 for electricity. That is a 3bedroom semi. Pat              

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 12:56 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We have also increased our dd for gas,up from £30 pm to £50! We also had to pay them £178 as have underpaid for last 6 months, even though we spend February and March in Spain. We still pay £30 pm for electricity. I think that I will be looking for thermal undies for next winter.

Edited to say that we also live in 3/4 bed semi

This message was last edited by xetog on 8/30/2008.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 1:03 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Just come inside - have been topping up my tan in the garden!!

We cook by electricity, so our gas bill only covers our CH + fire - so sometimes if it's not quite cold enough for CH we have a gas fire on.  Have four bed detached bungalow
and the bill is about £70 per month.  We have "capped" it for a year - but goodness knows what happens then!!  Some of our friends have wood burning stoves - so
will have to do a bit of investigation on them! And also try to find a good source for wood! Our electric bill is getting on for £45 - must be all those gadgets!

Just off to catch some more "rays"!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 1:34 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar
Think it's now at the point where even if you didnt use any gas n electric you would still get a bill.  Still we can look forward to the massive profits they will all go blasting on about soon enough. 

Chrissie   

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts
Flights Getting too Difficult - 17 posts
Madrid Plane crash - 9 posts
water - fine from Galassa - 4 posts
CLEANERS - 4 posts
nueva ribera beach club - 1 posts
plane crash - 2 posts
Read it and weep - 37 posts
House / home swop! Is it a good idea? Will it work? - 6 posts
BUILDER REQUIRED for balustrades & ironwork (gates) - 5 posts
cedula and legal time allowed for developers to complete - 6 posts
bank guarantees nothing - 2 posts
long or short term - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 66

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x