Mobile phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by diane g Star rating in Orihuela. 88 posts Send private message

Can anyone offer any updated advice or information on which is the best sim card (pay as you go)  to purchase whilst holidaying in Spain (to make calls back to the UK) Any infomation would be appreciated,
Thanks in anticipation
Diane

Diane and Stan   

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 5:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Diane

I think you'll find the info in  Utilities in Spain

Our friend reckons he gets great rates using a EURODIRECT CARD in conjunction with his Spanish SIM. (Click the blue link).

Discount international calling cards to be used with Spanish SIM cards: due to the high cost of calling internationally (back to UK, U.S.A., etc...) from a Spanish cell phone (cell phone with Spanish SIM in it), we have made it our main goal to find the cheapest way for you to dial internationally from your mobile in Spain.

The "eurodirect" card uses a local access number (912 910 067) that you dial from the cell phone here to connect at huge savings. By dialing the access number, you are charged a local call from your SIM card call credit and connected to the call center for "eurodirect", then the redirected call from the call center to your destination (in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, etc...) costs less than 2 cents/minute... AMAZING SAVINGS!!!

Get 1.3 (with Vodafone) to 13 cent/min. (with Amena and MoviStar) rates and avoid expensive calling rates when calling internationally weekdays after 4pm and all weekend long from your cell phone in Spain back to:

· cellphones and/or landlines in U.S.A.
· landlines in UK and most of Europe (please e-mail sim@spainSIM.com if you have a doubt about a specific country).

· HOW TO USE THE "eurodirect" PREPAID CALLING CARD FROM YOUR MOBILE PHONE·"

IMPORTANT - HOW TO CALL BACK HOME FOR UNDER 13 CENTS/MIN: (these instructions assume that you have bought or are buying a "eurodirect" card code).

1)

a) BEST & CHEAPEST!!! buy a vodafone SIM card (or if you already have one, use it) and change the calling plan you are on to the "Vitamina  60x1" plan (for how to change your vodafone SIM card's calling plan, see the "plans/rates" page by clicking HERE). This will get you calling the eurodirect mobile access (912910067) for 50 cents (12 cent connection fee and 38 cents for up to an hour airtime) for up to an hour and will use only three quarters of a cent a minute additional from the eurodirect card. So, you can talk for an hour back home for 90 cents!!! (50 cents from the vodafone credit + 40 cents from the eurodirect credit). AMAZING!!! with vodafone and the eurodirect card there is no limitation on the days nor times you can call!!!

-or-

b) buy an orange SIM card (or if you already have one, use it) and change the calling plan you are on to the "plan joven" (for how to change your amena SIM card's calling plan, see the "plans/rates" page by clicking HERE). This will get you under 13 cent/min. rates and avoid expensive calling rates when calling internationally weekdays after 4pm and all weekend long.

-or-

c) buy a MoviStar SIM card (or if you already have one, use it) and change the calling plan you are on to the "Activa Tu Tiempo" plan (for how to change your MoviStar SIM card's calling plan, see the "plans/rates" page by clicking HERE). The rate will be a few more cents per minute as MoviStar call rates are higher in general.  This will get you under 13 cent/min. rates and avoid expensive calling rates when calling internationally weekdays after 4pm and all weekend long.

2) Once you are on one of the calling plans mentioned above your calls anywhere in Spain will cost you just 12 cents/min. weekdays after 4pm and all weekend long. So, when you dial the access number for the "eurodirect" card (912 910 067) you will lose 12 cents/min. from your vodafone or amena SIM card call balance and under 1 cent/min. from the "eurodirect" card for a total of less than 13 cents/min. (+ 12 cent connection fee/call removed from your SIM by  amena or MoviStar).

Basically, no matter what calling plan you choose to be on with your Spain SIM card, using the "eurodirect" card to call home will cost you next to nothing.

The "eurodirect" system is tricking the SIM card and you are getting to call internationally for less than 1 cent/min. more than a local call.

EVEN MORE ADVANTAGES: In addition to using it from your cell phone, the "eurodirect" card can be used 24 hours a day via a toll-free access number (just dial "900 806 084" or quick access "1700") from any private landline* (home, hotel, etc...) in Spain to call back to USA, Canada, Europe, etc... for JUST 2 cents/min with NO CONNECTION FEES making it the ALL PURPOSE prepaid calling card.

* Rate from public payphones is 14 cents/min.

"eurodirect" card codes expire 45 days (6 weeks) after first use. If any credit is left after 45 days, it will be lost.

NOTE: all currency conversions done via www.xe.com at time products were listed. Please feel free to do your own conversion using the converter below for exact USD $ and GBP £ pricing. Conversion will open in a new window.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 10:52 PM by diane g Star rating in Orihuela. 88 posts Send private message

Thank you so very much Morerosado, for taking the time and trouble to answer my querie, I should certainly be able to fond something which suits from the information you have posted, you really are a mind of useful information,
thanks again

Diane

Diane and Stan   

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 11:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
That's ok, Diane. You're going to have to do without me from September 1st for almost a month as we're off to our home in Spain, then home to UK for 11 days then back to Spain for another 16 days. I know that sounds crackers but we booked September hols long before the October one. We were fed up waiting for December flights to come out with Easyjet & saw the October flights weren't too expensive & though, why not ? Staying in Spain so long means we need to think of so much extra to just going for a week at a time. Gets rather frantic at times, I tell you especially when my husband can't drag me off the PC. Oddly though, once in Spain I never use internet cafes. If I go to Karensun's she'll plonk me down at her PC whilst she organises a drink or three.  I have a few friends with internet access who will let me use theirs but, unless I need to contact someone, I don't bother. 

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 12:53 AM by diane g Star rating in Orihuela. 88 posts Send private message

Hope you enjoy yours times in Spain, sure you will, it would be pretty hard not to!! I know what you mean about things being frantic at times, I work full time and trying to fit in time to visit Spain plus visiting our family (Son, daughter in Law and two grandchildren)  in France , plus the 7 grandchildren in this country  sometimes we do not seem to stand still (would not have it any other way) Anyway have a good break and have a couple or few drinks for us in the sunshine. I am off to France 10th September for 10 days, then Spain  6th October for 9 days so hopefully I might even see some sun!! here is hoping

thanks again

Diane

Diane and Stan   

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 1:16 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hurchillo's not far from us, we're immediately above the Salines De La Mata on here >> HURCHILLO MAP

Just been watching two foxes outside wandering up & down the road. We're on the edge of countryside & see them a lot late at night, especially on Sunday nights as people put the rubbish out. Watch them for ages, they bring the cubs too.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts
Flights Getting too Difficult - 17 posts
Madrid Plane crash - 9 posts
water - fine from Galassa - 4 posts
CLEANERS - 4 posts
nueva ribera beach club - 1 posts
plane crash - 2 posts
Read it and weep - 37 posts
House / home swop! Is it a good idea? Will it work? - 6 posts
BUILDER REQUIRED for balustrades & ironwork (gates) - 5 posts
cedula and legal time allowed for developers to complete - 6 posts
bank guarantees nothing - 2 posts
long or short term - 2 posts
I have posted some more recent 'Construction photos' - 11 posts
Beginners step by step guide to Polaris completion - 16 posts
Dot EU Websites. - 7 posts
On a brighter note............... - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x