Anyone else going rusty?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2008 7:29 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Help!! Something appeared in the sky over our house this afternoon.  A big, yellow shining thing like a ball but with lots of heat coming from it!!!  Someone shouted "it's the son, it's the son"
"Whose son?", I asked.  "No, no, not the son, but the son", they shouted back.  I thought the strange, alien creature above had addled their brains somewhat.
Whose son? I wondered.  The son of the aliens coming to us in that strange, yellow ball of heat?  I stood there, gazing at this apparition wondering from whence it came.
However, soon after, all was right with the world and the grey, swirly clouds with which we are all so familiar came along and chased this thing away.   I have a strange feeling this unknown thing is still lurking up there above the friendly clouds which serve to protect us so well.
Anyone else on these shores see this odd, shiny vision floating above them? 

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 7:53 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar
The alien yellow ball of heat passed over us too, we wondered what it was. it was too brief for us to get a good look at it.

Although we are hoping to see more of it next week in Spain - rumour has it, it appears a lot over there!!

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:51 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Hi Bobaol

Is this what you are talking about?:...........

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 11:58 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Proved the weathermen wrong about today - still topping up the tan. Yes, I can still say it - "sunny Clacton"!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 12:43 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Thats a blinder Max     Its just started to rain here in Leicester.  Make the best of it Abbb1.

Chrissie 

Chrissie   

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 1:05 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Was going to do the garden.  Rain.
Take a walk round the park.  Rain
Sat down to watch the cricket.  Rain.
Ended up cleaning the leather chairs in the living room. 
Marvellous Sunday!
Wish I was in Clacton.......or Spain.  Never mind, going over next week but only for a week.  Bound to be sunny in UK from the 10th September.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 3:19 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Don't worry Bobaol - it will be sunny here in Spain as well!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 5:36 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

No, I really don't like to say it but .........

Have just finished BBQ in the garden!

There were a few drops of water from the sky - but I thought that was only spray from the pond at the time!!

Came in to cool down!!

(and yes, it was me who, a few days ago, had the central heating on!)

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 6:48 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

O.K. - one last photo - just to show that we have some cloud sometimes!..........

The mountain in the background is called "La Sagra" and is 2,100m (over 6,500ft) high.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:31 AM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
All your photos are superb Max. I have not been online for a couple of days. Thankls for the suggestion of where to go, I will investigate the Alhama de Murcia area.

Jules

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:31 AM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
All your photos are superb Max. I have not been online for a couple of days. Thankls for the suggestion of where to go, I will investigate the Alhama de Murcia area.

Jules

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 6:41 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Bit of good news.  We haven't had a hosepipe ban this year.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 2:20 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Yes is the answer,its now rained for 3 days on the trot here in brum.l will need a hose with a pump to drain the garden out. Does any rememder the global warming experts (Ha) telling us 2 years ago we would have longer,dryer.hotter summers they said (Ha) it wlll be like the Med they said,(Ha)they have not got a clue.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 2:41 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Pat, you shoud be in Spain it's still hot there.   I know it has not stopped raining here, I want to mow the lawn I hate  to think when that will get done . Cannot wait to get back to Spain for some decent weather.   Patricia                                 

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 2:43 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
 I remember it well, when they introduced this super new equipment which was going to give accurate predictions of the weather!!
But was perplexed by the prediction of those hotter summers, combined with the prediction of the ice-caps melting!

Tongue in cheek, how about moving to the east of England??? 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 3:04 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Ab thats one idea, Apparently we have now had all sep rain average in 5 days. Hi Pat 3 weeks to go and l will be in Spain,if l have not drowned by then.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 3:09 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Hi

Just a couple of photos taken this week for you:

From my front door, early morning.  The mountains at the end of the street are a "protected wilderness":

And from a walk yesterday morning.  The cliffs are full of old moorish or stone age caves (no-one is sure who dug them).

Test:  What is it you notice about these two photos?  (Hint - it's yellow)

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 3:33 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Well, I thought and thought about this one Max, could it be the thun?
I thor the thun yetherday, it woth thru the plane window as we took of from Alicante.
Now, yeth, I am rusty again!
It's blinkin' 'orrid here in the UK I', thorry to thay!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 3:34 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
More great pictures, Max.

Yes, I have the same problem with my yellow camera filter, too!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 10:35 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Hi Max great photos thanks for sharing 
I am in Scotland not only am I rusty I am also freezing first time in many years I have had my heating on July /August not to mention the tumble dryer . I truly believe if it had not been for a 2 week wonderful sunny break in Mallorca I would have slit my wrists by now.
I can not remember a more miserable summer my sun flowers in the garden are only just flowering now due to  a lack of the yellow ball in the sky I think it is called sun . All I can say  to those who think the Brits are obsessed with the weather is do one of our winters then see how you feel when the summer just doesn't happen .Try doing it year in and year out then and only then will you understand our obsession with the weather .Only a few more weeks and I will not even see day light it will be dark when I go to work and dark when I come home .I hate to moan so but I can not stand this weather I feel most sorry for the children they don't seem to enjoy the activities of the long hot summers I remember as a child or am I just being nostalgic ? Was it always like this ?Perhaps I have just that got grumpier about it. Who Knows roll on next Summer perhaps we shouldn't hold our breaths
JA

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts
Flights Getting too Difficult - 17 posts
Madrid Plane crash - 9 posts
water - fine from Galassa - 4 posts
CLEANERS - 4 posts
nueva ribera beach club - 1 posts
plane crash - 2 posts
Read it and weep - 37 posts
House / home swop! Is it a good idea? Will it work? - 6 posts
BUILDER REQUIRED for balustrades & ironwork (gates) - 5 posts
cedula and legal time allowed for developers to complete - 6 posts
bank guarantees nothing - 2 posts
long or short term - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 66

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x