Refunds from Polaris World

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2008 12:42 PM by dannybhoy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi. I'm from Cork, Southern Ireland, new to this forum and looking for advice. I paid € 33k to Polaris in 2006 for an apartment in Terrazas de le Torre. In November of 2007 I was informed that their were 'problems' with completing this development and met with the Sales Director of Polaris in Ireland who offerred me a discounted deal on several alternatives.I decided that I did not want to proceed and we agreed that I could cancel and get a full refund.
I was waiting from Nov 2007 to May 2008 for the cancellation contract which I signed and returned in person within a few days.
I cannot get my money back. All I have are excuses.
A friend in Spain has recommended a solicitor there but this will cost me between €6/7k, money that I do not have.
I can go out to Polaris with a friend and make a nuisance of myself by calling to their office there and staying on indefinitely. 
I have contacted a national radio station here this morning who are willing to 'follow' my story by broadcasting my telephone calls once a day live on air.
This will seriously effect any sales out of Ireland and I will do all in my power to persuade anyone calling into their office in Spain not to go ahead.
I am looking for advice, guidance, help. 
How can I get my money back?      

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 1:41 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Hi Dannybhoy,
Scroll back on this thread and you will get a lot of information. 
Best wishes

Daveil

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 1:43 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi Dannyboy,

I have sent solicitor details to your contact.

Give them a try. They will be able to give you an idea of fees etc. Would imagine yours will be less than ours if you have managed to cancel your contract. 

Do not give up. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you need any further info.

Jean

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 9:45 AM by big jim Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Up date to my refund, polaris have now offered my money back  plus 7000 legal fees nothing else, we calculated their is around 12000 of back dated interest they would owe us
we have asked for 3000 of interest back but knowing polaris it could be a no.

second opinion needed as to how long does the court take to fanalise the decision,we are now trying to settle with a 20 day window before it goes back to court to wait for the final decision, im being told about 6 months, would this be correct ?
we need to decide if we refuse the offer which looks like we may well do, 12,000 is a lot of money and if it takes less than 6 months it could be worth waiting.

anyone know the correct time scale of the court decision.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 8:51 PM by joeblog Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

i don,t have a property but i,m hearing these reports all the time on these forums, why on earth doesn,t someone go to watchdog or the mail on sunday then i,m sure this will stop.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 10:24 AM by rickp Star rating in High Ongar, Essex. 36 posts Send private message

I beleive several people have had things on watchdog, to no effect.

Rick

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 7:47 PM by Rickiebear Star rating in Bristol UK/Tenerife. 40 posts Send private message

Thank to all your posts, I hope you get your money back. For me I nearly bought a property from Polaris World. I am now glad I didn't, I hope other potential buyers read this thread first. Thanks, and good luck.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 9:48 PM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

i am confused, can someone tell me if polaris world is the same as parador ?

also i have heard of polaris world being -shall we say - no good, but am not sure if  -no good- is simply because -abroad,things are so so slow

please advise, if anyone has experience of either the above please help 

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 9:50 PM by rickp Star rating in High Ongar, Essex. 36 posts Send private message

I think Parador are Agents

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 3:16 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

They were agents but they have gone to the wall.Pat.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 9:11 PM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

can somone tell me re Los Collados in Alguilas, is this sold by polaris and polaris uses parador as an agent?

this sounds real confusing, especially when companies have same names but are not the same company, how do you know which one is the bad one, and how come companies can use the same name like parador, isnt that what companies house is all about - a name must be per company so you cant use the same company name already in use by another company ?

is polaris world still running and is it an ok company and again same question re parador and or parador properties, and who are Huma?

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 9:42 PM by rickp Star rating in High Ongar, Essex. 36 posts Send private message

Polaris are developers, they also sell their own property too. They are still trading and building.

Rick

Like 0      
06 Nov 2008 3:27 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
To answer Gravitatingsouth's question earlier..........
Parador were a very large estate agent based on the Costa Blanca in Torrevieja.
They used to have approx 100 reps out on the road busy with inspection trips.
As all the large agents did in the boom,they set their business plan around bulk and quantity rather than Quality.
They had very little regard for licence and hence the fact they they got caught selling several unlicenced projects.
Earlier this year the directors split and one of them declared that they were going into administration.
Two of the remaining directors took positions at polaris Worlsd running there sales dept.
As Parador already had a close connection with polaris as they sold the development previously, they knew the set up very well.
The two companies were always seperate.
The easiest way to explain it is that Parador were and Estate agency and Polaris are a builder/Promoter.
Polaris are still going now headed by the ex-Parador sales directors,they are only employed by them and have no stake in the company...
I hope that helps.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2008 9:28 PM by Sherry24 Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Parador properties fired all the sales staff at Polarisworld and are having great problems with the credit crunch. There are many complaints on forum sites and Blogs i have as fvriend who is very upset with the treatment she has had by the sales staff and is now suing the company plus the facilities at some resorts have not been built good luck.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 1:07 PM by big jim Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

GOOD NEWS

i have been paid by polaris, i cant say anything else due to non disclosure agreement.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 4:07 PM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

thanks guys for info, has helped quite a bit, just one more query ?

where do Thomson /TUI fit into all of this or am I thinking of the wrong companies. was sure somewhere along the weiry road of life I saw Parador in a Thomson holiday brochure at some point - then again maybe wrong

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 8:59 AM by Sherry24 Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I just saw this on polarisworld forum net site (klik on google then look at La Torre resort blogs) this is very alarming i,m not stating its true but there are loads of rumours on all the sites i,m looking at this is text from comment

[quote][i]Originally posted by GoingforGold[/i]
[br]The following may be a rumour but no smoke without fire..... I received the following email from a good source who lives over in Balsicas....            '' (I was told yesterday that between La Torre, El Valle and Requelme 10 people per day are handing in their keys as they can no longer afford their properties.  Intercontinental are apparently selling and pulling out of La Torre and, of course, they never started on El Valle.  Peraleja have gone bust.  Peraleja are a family and the family haven't paid the builders so they've gone bust.  Big hotel group near Mar Menor II have closed their doors as have Serena Golf )''.  Worrying times, very worrying times can anyone shed any light on this ??????????

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 9:18 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In general, before worrying times... the most advisable and sensible thing to do is to have your case revised by a good indpendent solicitor to protect your interests now and before the event of a future Creditor´s meeting.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 12:16 PM by Sherry24 Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

just a bit of info found ref bank guarantees well worth reading

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/spanish-bank-guarantees

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 12:27 PM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

hi  all

have to say i am scared out of my wits, we had a marketing brochure from polaris and a dvd and it made everything look AOK, yes i know this is how marketing is done, and yes it does really make you think : grass is greener etc.  But what i dont get is why are builders/companies still marketing if things are going bad eg builders stop building, why are they making it sound there is no problem.

we so wanted to buy abroad, now we are too scared or cautious to go on an inspection trip for fear of being trapped and co-ursed into something.

what i would liketo know is : re polaris and/or parador  would it be wiser to steer clear.

worried, no i'll rephrase that.very worried

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Spanish Law..postmen don't have to deliver? - 22 posts
Selling a business in tenerife - 0 posts
Post box - 1 posts
KItchens - 19 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca - 0 posts
Thinking about moving and working in Spain - 2 posts
Wanted to rent Villa Oct - Mar or may buy - 10 posts
Why Do We Still Want To Buy In Spain ??? - 15 posts
Where can I buy this to fix my pool? - 0 posts
When are the fiestas in Quesada and Formentera del segura - 4 posts
Vocabulary.. clever site, very extensive, gives Spanish v English - 1 posts
Ben Hale - 0 posts
Working together as a community - 2 posts
long term let wanted - 1 posts
Look at this little fella!! - 17 posts
Anyone a member of The National Trust ? - 0 posts
Any terrible experiences with furniture suppliers? - 2 posts
Smoking in pool area - 2 posts
Ford Windstar ´98 V6 modified for wheelchair access - 0 posts
Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter - 3 posts
Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts
new to all this!!!! - 1 posts
BMI Baby credit card - 1 posts
Flexaccount interest rates. Going down!! - 1 posts
Barry George found NOT GUILTY in his retrial for killing Jill Dando (Jill was from my home town Weston Super Mare) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 64

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x