Look at this little fella!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

My brother got a bit of a shock when he went to pick his shorts of the chair and nearly picked this up instead!!!

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:00 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Crikey Damok,
That could have been a bit serious. Where was it? In your place? Did you move after?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:18 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Wow Damok, I am glad I did not find it, wonder what it is someone might know?     You could have charged him rent .                  Pat

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:25 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Wow. Looks like that little fella needs to pay some rent.  I think I would have laid an egg if I had found that under my shorts.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Pat
Is it what I think it is a scorpion?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:41 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Candyfloss Yes it is a scorpion From the other Pat.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 8:02 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Pat,
Thought it was, are you over again in August?
Damok has gone very quiet, are you ok????

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 8:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You could've put a ruler alongside it !

We used to get loads of scorpions around when we lived in Cyprus. Seeing your first one scares the s**t out of you then you get used to seeing them. Just stay clear generally. Don't think many are dangerous, just playful

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 9:31 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
The two varieties of scorpion that are usually found in Spain are generally not deadly (although there can be complications for the young, old, infirm etc) but their sting is similar to a wasp sting (but worse, and lasts longer) and it hurts like a bitch, even with pain killers.

Try not to sit on one.......... they tend not to be "playful" in that situation.

Happy with the "swelling", less so with the pain !!

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 9:52 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Yeah it was a bit of a shock.  It was between 3 and 4 inches long I would say.  My brother did the old covered glass trick and took it a few hundred yards down the road and let it go.  Interesting to see but scary at the same time.

We live just outside of Pinoso and its very rural and dry and barren.  Some of the spiders we get are very interesting as well - my girlfriend has come on leaps and bounds in the bravery stakes since we left England.

Oh and I'm not allowed to sub-let.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 10:50 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Please don't post any photos of the spiders....!

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 11:22 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Aw Margaret, not even these ?

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 11:41 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
Morerosado they're so cute..(not)!!
I am an arachnophobic and if anybody tells me there are large, hairy spiders in CB, then I may have to consider changing my plans!!  I know they are no threat to us etc. etc. but my gawd how scary are big spiders?

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 11:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I don't like to see spiders in my home here & we do get some depending on the weather, but as long as they stay stationary long enough for me to put a jam jar over them & I can secure them to chuck out of the window, I'm ok. I wouldn't like to be so scared as you are of them, quite a nightmare. Just realised I can't delete the previous pics, sorry , I was intending to.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 12:04 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
no not at all More, honestly my 8 year old loves nothing more than creatures and I have came across a few interesting toy ones whilst packing and clearing his toys!  I don't even like to touch toy tarantulas, yuck.
As long as they are not big, hairy and fast then I am usually OK (that doesn't sound too good when you read it back, does it? )

Margaretx

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 12:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
When my parents were alive & we used to go visit them I'd obviously help mum in the kitchen. One day I saw a spider in the corner by her shopping trolley so I killed it.  Later I told mum about it & got an earful as it turned out it was my young niece's pet !!  Julie aged around 8 had "adopted" the thing &, knowing Julie, would've given it a name too. Mum just went along with it all & presumably vowed to protect it. Didn't think Auntie More would KILL IT !!!  Our Julie was into crawlies.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:29 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Look what More found ? Scorpion kebabs !!  A great read, hmm.  Great pics.

Click link >> MAIL ON SUNDAY FAST FOOD 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 11:22 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

don't fancy the creatures on a stick at all They look disgusting....gimme a good old doner kebab anyday

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone a member of The National Trust ? - 0 posts
Any terrible experiences with furniture suppliers? - 2 posts
Smoking in pool area - 2 posts
Ford Windstar ´98 V6 modified for wheelchair access - 0 posts
Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter - 3 posts
Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts
new to all this!!!! - 1 posts
BMI Baby credit card - 1 posts
Flexaccount interest rates. Going down!! - 1 posts
Barry George found NOT GUILTY in his retrial for killing Jill Dando (Jill was from my home town Weston Super Mare) - 2 posts
need to phone a mobile in Torrevieja,Costa Blanca - 16 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Self Employed - need help - 14 posts
electricity - 98 posts
is it compulsary life assurance with a spanish mortgage - 5 posts
Alternative location to Benalmadena - 3 posts
Blog to learn spanish - 1 posts
Web to learn spanish - 3 posts
Rental wanted - this weekend! - 3 posts
Deals at Polaris World - 6 posts
I´ve been an´ dunnit!! - 17 posts
Re: Ryanair. You just gotta read this, what a laff I thought. - 8 posts
HALL OF SHAME - 51 posts
Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home? - 3 posts
Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x