Smoking in pool area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Most urbanisations have pictorial pool rules, no diving, no smoking etc.  Is the law that prohibits smoking in pool areas or can we change the  community rules to permit it?  I'm for no smoking but some new Dutch owners are complaing about the rule.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 6:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
It's probably a community rule, and as such, can be discussed at the next AGM, and a vote taken on whether to ammend it or not. In the meantime, tell the complainers that rules is rules and to shut up whingeing. Bring their grievance to the next meeting, and just enjoy the damned pool. 
(You may guess from this, that I'm fed up with rule breakers and complainers!)

Having said this, each autonomous region of Spain may have it's own by-laws, so you may want to check in case it is actually a law. The administrator of your community should be able to advise you.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 3:39 AM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Hi,

Smoking is allowed by law in the garden areas of out door pools, unless the community rules state otherwise. The government rules are based on safety and upgraded standards, community rules are often designed to minimise impact on garden and pool areas. It is not the fact that these people chose to smoke, but smokers may leave butts everywhere. This translates into more costs to the community as a whole. Like food in the gardens attracts rodents, football damages plants and grass, etc etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ford Windstar ´98 V6 modified for wheelchair access - 0 posts
Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter - 3 posts
Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts
new to all this!!!! - 1 posts
BMI Baby credit card - 1 posts
Flexaccount interest rates. Going down!! - 1 posts
Barry George found NOT GUILTY in his retrial for killing Jill Dando (Jill was from my home town Weston Super Mare) - 2 posts
need to phone a mobile in Torrevieja,Costa Blanca - 16 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Self Employed - need help - 14 posts
electricity - 98 posts
is it compulsary life assurance with a spanish mortgage - 5 posts
Alternative location to Benalmadena - 3 posts
Blog to learn spanish - 1 posts
Web to learn spanish - 3 posts
Rental wanted - this weekend! - 3 posts
Deals at Polaris World - 6 posts
I´ve been an´ dunnit!! - 17 posts
Re: Ryanair. You just gotta read this, what a laff I thought. - 8 posts
HALL OF SHAME - 51 posts
Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home? - 3 posts
Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts
solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x