Working together as a community

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

We have been in our apartment now for about a year  - albeit not that much as still have to work in the Uk.
We have access to our particular  forum through EOS which I think is a wonderful way to air views and discuss things.What surprises me though is the lack of interest from other owners in the same block when it is so much for everyones benefit.
I am interested in others views on this,in particular how to generate more enthusiasm !!
My fantasy is that there are other communities who have really dynamic forums but maybe that is not so.I know many of us lead very busy lives (and I am one of them) but surely it's great to learn from other people and to be able to give help as well.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 7:27 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi Gillian - don't live that far away from you in England - sunny Clacton on Sea, but the Spanish house is miles away from yours!  

No one on my immediate community seems to take part in forums! 

I was over in Spain for the annual BBQ, and got to meet a large number of the community - which was great.  Most of the people there are resident and so previously I was only meeting people in "dribs and drabs".  I swapped e-mail addresses with some of them, so that I could keep up to date with the happenings there - since the President insisted on posting all info through my letterbox - in Spain!!  So it was months before I was able to get my hands on it!!  Just received the minutes from the last AGM - and despite there being a high residential element there, only a fraction of the people turned up to the meeting.  A distinct show of apathy!  Maybe the same where you are. Maybe another reason.  It seems that everything that is to be voted on at our AGM is already rubber stamped, so this could also account for the problem!  Have you tried the "direct" approach when you are in Spain to try to encourage people to go on the forum?  Unfortunately, it didn't work for me - but at least they were interested with direct correspondence.!  

However,  sharing e-mail info with some members of the community provided me with a lot more insight as to what was happening there, and also made me feel more like part of the community.  

Obviously not exactly the answer that you were after, but maybe a thought.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 2:59 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply it was helpful.
By the way,I know sunny  (I hope it is ) Clacton very well as lived there for years too !
I am in touch with some people independently which is lovely and will try  harder to get others more involved in this web site. I guess there are lots of people who havn't come across it - I was just lucky to find it by chance.
all the best from a very un - sunny Colchester.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term let wanted - 1 posts
Look at this little fella!! - 17 posts
Anyone a member of The National Trust ? - 0 posts
Any terrible experiences with furniture suppliers? - 2 posts
Smoking in pool area - 2 posts
Ford Windstar ´98 V6 modified for wheelchair access - 0 posts
Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter - 3 posts
Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts
new to all this!!!! - 1 posts
BMI Baby credit card - 1 posts
Flexaccount interest rates. Going down!! - 1 posts
Barry George found NOT GUILTY in his retrial for killing Jill Dando (Jill was from my home town Weston Super Mare) - 2 posts
need to phone a mobile in Torrevieja,Costa Blanca - 16 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Self Employed - need help - 14 posts
electricity - 98 posts
is it compulsary life assurance with a spanish mortgage - 5 posts
Alternative location to Benalmadena - 3 posts
Blog to learn spanish - 1 posts
Web to learn spanish - 3 posts
Rental wanted - this weekend! - 3 posts
Deals at Polaris World - 6 posts
I´ve been an´ dunnit!! - 17 posts
Re: Ryanair. You just gotta read this, what a laff I thought. - 8 posts
HALL OF SHAME - 51 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x