Worried about my house sale...understanding Solicitor's letter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Well there isn't a problem with my buyer...her solictitor has the letter ready to conclude my house sale to her.

She is unable to conclude until her purchase is concluded. 2 weeks ago exactly she confirmed an entry date to me through the solicitor which has been negotiated through her buyer. For the last 2 weeks my buyers solicitor has been unable to get a letter of conclusion for her sale despite chasing frequently.

A fax came in to my solicitor today from my buyers solicitor saying they are increasingly concerned about whether or not their sale will be concluded as they have had notification from their buyers solicitor that "THEY ARE NOW EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES OBTAINING UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS".

I take this to mean that they haven't been able to contact them to take their instructions to conclude on my buyers sale, but who knows???

The entry date is 13th August less than 2 weeks away.

My buyer presumably is just as stressed as me.

Surely if there was some problem with paperwork or mortgages then the solicitor would know this?  I am hoping they have been on holiday for the last couple of weeks which is why they haven't been able to obtain further instructions. They have been set an ultimatum for 12 noon on Tuesday or my buyer will probably put her house back on the market which means we may have to as well. Her solicitor has indicated she would still hope to purchase ours if it comes to that.

Does anybody understand solicitor speak, and if so, what does that mean exactly

Trying hard to remain positive and hope it all goes to plan. There were no problems anticipated by my buyers lawyer all along as the conveyancing was going straighforward, which makes it all the harder to understand!
So stressed!   Margaretx

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 8:18 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

If you and your buyer are using estate agents for the sale of your houses I'd get them to find out what the hold up is.  They normally have more success finding out what the hold-up is.

You need to know what the status is of all the people in the chain, any leasehold properties sometimes that can cause problems

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 8:55 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Margaret 
Semi is right, the agents should be chasing the chain for answers. It could be something simple like the buyers at the bottom might have gone on holiday and not bothered to tell anyone (sounds stupid, I know, but you would be surprised how many times this happens much to everyones annoyance. )There could be a number of reasons and some even change lenders for a better deal mid sale which delays too!! I hope that they will be able to sort out your sale for you quickly and that everything goes through for you. Fingers crossed

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:19 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
Hi candyfloss and Semi
I have spoken to the estate agents and they have left a message on my buyers ansafone to try and find out if she knows anything about her buyers status. Just a pity it happened on a Friday as we have all weekend to worry about it!
My hope is that they have gone on holiday for the last couple of weeks which is why their lawyers can't get instructions, I just can't believe anyone would waste somebodys time by pulling out and not replying to their lawyers correspondence 2 weeks before DOE.

I will know for sure Tuesday, but really can't face the thought of all those viewers again!  

Hubby says "die if you worry, die if you don't"  But is isn't quite helping me just yet! Maybe the next couple glasses of wine will

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Info For Campasol Please - 3 posts
new to all this!!!! - 1 posts
BMI Baby credit card - 1 posts
Flexaccount interest rates. Going down!! - 1 posts
Barry George found NOT GUILTY in his retrial for killing Jill Dando (Jill was from my home town Weston Super Mare) - 2 posts
need to phone a mobile in Torrevieja,Costa Blanca - 16 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Self Employed - need help - 14 posts
electricity - 98 posts
is it compulsary life assurance with a spanish mortgage - 5 posts
Alternative location to Benalmadena - 3 posts
Blog to learn spanish - 1 posts
Web to learn spanish - 3 posts
Rental wanted - this weekend! - 3 posts
Deals at Polaris World - 6 posts
I´ve been an´ dunnit!! - 17 posts
Re: Ryanair. You just gotta read this, what a laff I thought. - 8 posts
HALL OF SHAME - 51 posts
Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home? - 3 posts
Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts
solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts
Brand new electric fans for sale - Pedestal or desktop - excellent prices - 0 posts
Hello from essex-for now - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x