Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Penny Farthing - Serving breakfast from 10am and a lunchtime menu served until 5pm. At 6pm it re-opens to serve specials alongside the main menu. A variety of homemade foods.

Royal India - A good choice of starters and main courses from the Indian sub continent.

Bayside - Mediterranean restaurant with a good variety of meals from fillet steaks with a variery of sauces to many Italian meals including pizzas, 'spag bol.' etc.

Pasty Shack - typical english food.
There are many more restaurants to choose from including La Diva, Sunrise and Pizzeria Angela as well as many other places to relax and have a drink including...

Alba - Spanish bar serving traditional Spanish tapas

The Big Café - serves light snacks and a variety of coffees and liquers.

The Celt Bar - Irish bar, typical Irish pub, shows all sporting events.

The Comic Café - Spanish bar, if you want something a little more lively this is the place to be, with good music and light show.

The Sand Bar - serving cocktails and sparkling wines.

Henry´s Bar - English Bar with good beers, TV screens for sporting events and serving light snacks

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 7/13/2008.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 3:37 PM by bimo Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Yes We have had some lovely meals in the square at Los Alcazares and aslo some nice tapas and meals in the evening at the tapas bars along the beach .

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 4:52 PM by karen c Star rating. 89 posts Send private message

Hi

There's also a lovely new restaurant at the beginning of the walkway, under the Hotel 525 , called Refresco. The food is superb and very reasonable. It was packed every time I visited the area.  Excellent lamb and fish dishes.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 10:01 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Karen
I have passed that one, it looks very nice. Will try it next visit thanks.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 12:35 AM by bimo Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Yes My son and daughter inlaw had a meal their and said it was very nice will be trying it myself when we are out in September.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 8:16 PM by bimo Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Has anyone been out in Los Alcazares???  A few people we know have and have had a few meals in the square at different restaurants but all have complained about the price .  With the exchange rate maybe lower prices may be the restaurants shoul be looking at lowering the prices or people will not return.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 9:57 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Bimo
We were over in June and have to say did notice a difference in prices compared to last year. We have a lot more kiosk/beach bars in our area that have sprung up recently and they do good food and the drinks are cheaper too than the main restaurants. There are good selections in some of tapas as well as freshly cooked food to order.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 6:47 PM by Ando Star rating in Wolverhampton/Balsic.... 37 posts Send private message

My wife and were in Los Alcazares first 2 weeks in July and both of us thought the prices had gone up.We went for a curry by the Arches and paid more the meal than we would have done in the UK,(nothing special either) A certain pub close by is charging 10 euros for cottage pie and chips,(not cheap)I think when it comes to overcharging The British lead the way espeicially to there own.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 2:12 PM by Lloyds Star rating in Home Counties. 50 posts Send private message

Recently returned from a stay in Los Alcazares - have stayed there several times over the last year awaiting completion on a property nearby. I would agree that some prices have gone up slightly but  mostly in relation to the falling pound.  Excellent meals at La Diva and the Bayside. Also an excellent meal at La Finca de Eduardo's  up near La Zenia.

This stay we tried Rosalinds - a new restaurant that opened in June above the Sol Bank in the Square owned by the same people at the Penny Farthing. Delightful setting both indoors and out and the food was really good. 130 Euros for 3 courses - 4 adults with drinks and coffee.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 2:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
At 32€ each I would sincerely hope Rosalinds was good, I find that quite a lot. Maybe we're skinflints.  I realise that for anyone who is used to eating at good restaurants here in the UK, Spain still seems very cheap even at 130€/4 persons which included drinks & coffee. (Maybe for us for a celebration. )

Thank you for review, Lloyds. What did you eat, what drinks ?

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 7:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks for PM, Senora Lloyd  You'll realise everyone will want to know what you had & I'm in "the know"

Sounded wonderful, as I said. Congratulations on your completion, BTW.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 11:36 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
We have a place at Roda so regularly visit the 525 precint and I would say all the restaurants and bars cater very much for the English with prices to match.

Across the road you will find El Patio very popular with the Spanish but mainly a meat restaurant, excellent food and service and price should be well below 100 euros for 4 inc house wine.
Further into town are Ramons  and El Chato both typically Spanish and Ramons has great Tapas bar, prices again reflect what the Spanish are prepared to pay and are somewhat cheaper.
On the promenade Terre del Mar does Menu del Dia at 9.50 euros for 3 courses plus drink.
Also plenty of small bars on the promenade serving good tapas
For those with big appetites the Wok Buffet just before Roda road is good value at 8.95 euros per head for as much as you like. Help yourself to fish and meat and it is cooked for you.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 1:32 PM by hiemmerson Star rating in Near Valle del Sol .... 18 posts Send private message

Have to agree with you hugh-man the chinese wok buffets are excellent value
Our favourite is the En Fu wok buffet in the CC Hispania in San Javier
Its very popular especially in the summer and is worth booking or you may end up waiting for a table
Tried to find the phone number but must be in my 'filing system' !!
Also in CC Hispania opposite the wok is another Chinese called Gran China
This does a fantastic value MDD, sangria then soup salad or spring roll, good choice of main plus side dish then coffee or ice cream for E5.50
It includes a half bottle of wine or beer or soft drink and you even get offered a schnapps at the end
Have been many times and has been consistently good tel 968192 378
Also in CC Hispania can you find the best fish and chips on the Costa Calida (IMO) at Frydays tel 606 024 622
Top quality and reasonably priced at E8.95
The only problem with CC Hispania is that your view is that of a car park
My advice would be to eat well there and take the 5 min drive to Los Alcazares for coffee or drinks for the atmosphere
However if you are on holiday and want the atmosphere then LA is hard to beat
You pay your money and takes your choice !

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 3:23 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
The wok buffet in Centro Hispania is very good. We tried the one round the corner on the main road by the angus steak house. It was bigger but they didn't give us the bottles of wine to take home with us like the little one does. . We normally do the same, go there to eat then head back to Santiago or LA afterwards.
We were talking to the couple who have opened fry days when we were over last and they were saying that they get very busy so advisable to book (we were just on our way home) but will be giving them a try when we go next week. 
Thanks for the info on Gran China. I expect there will be even more open there this time (every time we go there is something new). I'll report back

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 3:47 PM by cupcake Star rating in Essex England. 20 posts Send private message

cupcake´s avatar
I must mention the worst eating place in Los Alcazares and that is Mama Mia  the service and the food was awful!!
My starter sound lovely on the menu Hawaiian Toast.
It was a cheese and ham toastie with a slice off pineapple inside.
My main course was a dried up Penn Pasta

This message was last edited by cupcake on 8/27/2008.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 6:14 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Cupcake I couldn't agree more about Mama Mia - awful food & expensive for what it was.

Found a good indian though - Sizzling Punjab - best indian restaurant around by far. Not in main square but on the road from LA to Torre Pacheco going towards Mar Menor Golf Resort. Can dig the address out if anyone wants it but well worth a visit.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 7:26 PM by cupcake Star rating in Essex England. 20 posts Send private message

cupcake´s avatar
Hi Anne 
I would like to try the indian appreciate appreciate the address if poss.
Have you by any chance been to the Jaipur Palace at the Balsicas Turn off on the 3319.
I Think it is very good very food,but you have to book for espescially for FRi and Weekend Tel 968580565

Dave

This message was last edited by cupcake on 8/30/2008.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 8:43 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Have a look at the website - www.sizzlingpunjab.com   

Hope the link works but if not address is :-

Poligono Industrial
Los Alcazares
Carretera de Torrepacheco
Murcia

Tel - 617 577 659
         968 575 759

They do take away as well & will deliver if order is over (from memory) 25 euros. It's not hard to find - very near Mar Menor Golf. Apparently only been open about 6 months - good service & excellent food.

Thanks for the tip for the Jaipur Palace - haven't been but will have a look next time I'm over

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 8:53 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Sizzling Punjab & Jaipur are sister restaurants the latter open for longer but much smaller that's why it's advisable to book.

Jaipur is on Industrial Estate off the C3319 road from San Javier to Murcia, take the Roldan?Balsicas turn off and head toward Roldan you cannot miss large elephant on Jaipur.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 10:43 AM by cupcake Star rating in Essex England. 20 posts Send private message

cupcake´s avatar
Hi Anne 
Thanks the link did work 
Looking foward to trying it soon 
If you like good Spainish Restaurants try
 Los Naranjos Just outside St Javier on The way to Sucina on Right hand side Very good food and very Friendly Service They also have a Excellent Menu Del Dia 9-9.50 Euros it changes every day 
Take the Sucinia Turn off the A7 and its just along on the right hand side. 
Dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts
MOSQUITO BLINDS AND INSECT SCREENS - 2 posts
SETTING UP MY AVATAR ON E.O.S.WEBSITE - 1 posts
WANTED - PORTABLE AIR CON UNIT - 0 posts
hello from new member - at the 'should i?, shouldn't i? stage' - 8 posts
Car hire at Malaga Airport- full tank/full tank! - 20 posts
Spanish Lessons for my 2 children - 1 posts
Excange my NEW 2 Bed Apartment at LOS LOCOS BEACH for a 3 Bed House - 0 posts
Long Term Rent Wanted - 3 Bed House with Separate Apartment - 0 posts
Portable Air Con Unit Wanted - 1 posts
Happy 4th birthday Eye On Spain 12th July 2008 - 11 posts
Sending legal documents to Spain - 3 posts
Ant problem! - 1 posts
It's not just Spain where off plan goes wrong!! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x