Off to Malaga

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2008 2:35 PM by ezzexlad1986 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Core Lizzie Lizzie that was an essay and a half!!!! haha good job i were on my lunch break!!! haha. 

You have really helped me alot! you should be a your guide!! lol. But anyway, i think i may take a trip to Gib, maybe if your lucky, you might see me ;) 
I know in my heart i am making the right move, i know, as you said that times will be hard but its an experience of a lifetime. 
I know i will not regret the move although i'll miss friends & family, plus leaving the girlfriend behind!! but she doesn't want to go which is kinda holding me back. Am only 21 so i don't really fancy being tied up lol.

Lastly again thanks for all your help, it's made my plans alot clearer. :)

Ahhhh Vicki are you a bimbo then? :P 

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 3:25 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

It has been said....

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 3:38 PM by ezzexlad1986 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Lol short and sweet that answer was aye!

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 7:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Just to set the record straight, I'm not actually an Essex lad myself. I have half Essex roots - mother was Southend born and bred. Well, Leigh-on-Sea, to be precise, you know, the posh end! The other half is far more exotic, but shall remain a mystery in order to maintain an enigmatic air. My Spanish friends and neighbours all call me Roberto; back in Essex, I'd just be plain boring Rob. I do not drive an XR3i. I drive a boring diesel Mondeo. My better half is a sophisticated Scouse lady of Chinese decent, so about as far from the blonde bimbo image as possible!

Whilst I have had a few odd jobs here, I have mostly worked for myself. A large number of foreigners here do run their own businesses, since it's so hard to get a decent job otherwise. But don't be discouraged. The "anything will do" attitude will help, and often one thing leads to another, so the important thing is to stay focussed and be determined. Avoid getting caught up too much in the partying, because, as the missus always says, it's the early bird that catches the worm!

If you really want to see as much of the world as possible, one suggestion, and certainly what I'd do given my time over, is to try to get work on a private yacht. You would only be able to start off as a deckhand, literally scrubbing decks, but it can be a great way to combine travelling and earning a good wage (tax free, too, as it's off-shore!) with all accomodation and food expenses seen to. Palma de Mallorca, where I started out in Spain, used to be the hot spot. It's now more centred around Antibes in the south of France, but if you go to Gib, it may be worth making a nuisance of yourself around the docks there, as many yachts stop by for refueling there.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

olélegalhelp - 13 posts
Exercise................................. - 4 posts
Birthday cakes Costa Blanca. - 18 posts
anyone know what this is? - 3 posts
spanish reg seat Ibeza 1.2 for sale in uk - 3 posts
Passengers on scooters - 3 posts
moving with babies - 0 posts
Financial situation of a particular estate agent - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 0 posts
Ocean Symphony?? - 3 posts
Could this be the beginning of an "action group" - 0 posts
Jane - 9 posts
LHD BMW FOR SALE IN COSTA DEL SOL VERY LOW MILEAGE - 5 posts
polargmd its a 100% a rip off and illegal - 0 posts
Orthodontics Treatment for Children - 2 posts
Spanish Car for sale - 0 posts
Calling all you keen gardeners - growing a lemon tree on the balcony - 2 posts
Torrevieja villa 23rd - 28th Sept wanted - 0 posts
Assistance Required - 5 posts
Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x