Assistance Required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Kenny_B Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Hi all, I am looking for some advice.

I am about to complete on an apartment on a resort in the Murcia area with a well known developer, which appears to be having some teething problems. Before I start kicking off with the developer, I was wondering if it is worth the effort. 

The problem in short seems to be that many of the properties on HR have been pushed through the completion process even though the following are either not yet complete or are in various states of useability.  

Utilities
Communal Swimming Pools
Town Centre / General Facilities
Golf Course

Although these issues do not yet affect me personally, as part of the community I feel motivated to try and assist those who have been and still are being affected. I purchased my apartment on the understanding that it was part of the whole resort. Some of our community have told me that this is not the case and that the dwellings are a seperate entity? This seems bizarre as if that is the case the developer could just now up sticks and not bother finishing any of the remaining resort facilities?

The fact that the resort is in essence not finished is also directly affecting owner enjoyment and rental potential.

So, some questions:

1. Can we as a community do anything to kick the developer into finishing the resort quicker?
2. Is there any way the community / owners can take legal action for delays in finishing resort facilities?
3. Is there any way the community / owners can take legal action if the developer does not look after their resort obligations (communal pools, golf course)? 

Have any other resorts / communities had similar teething problems and did you just put up with it or put up a fight with your developer to get things sorted?

Any help legal or otherwise (Maria, Jason) would be very much appreciated. Cheers,

Ken.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 12:39 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Regarding you questions:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/245/did-developer-make-changes---abusive-null-and-void.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/articles/article.aspx?article=/publicity-contract.aspx

1. Can we as a community do anything to kick the developer into finishing the resort quicker? Yes, of course.
2. Is there any way the community / owners can take legal action for delays in finishing resort facilities? Of course yes.
3. Is there any way the community / owners can take legal action if the developer does not look after their resort obligations (communal pools, golf course)? Certainly yes

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 2:33 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Hi I am trying to get in touch with Martin from Abolax it is muy urgente .Can anyone give me his contact details .He has pmd me before and gave me an email address but for some reason I cant open my pms to see what it was please assist.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 3:12 PM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

Hi Julie Anne, Martins email address is www.abolex.es Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 8:17 PM by Kenny_B Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

As always Maria to the rescue

Many thanks X x X

Ken

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 8:17 PM by Kenny_B Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

As always Maria to the rescue

Many thanks X x X

Ken

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts
white goods - 2 posts
any one bought in playa mojacar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x