Hoping to have sold house......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
Hello to all!
well after four and a half months it looks like we may have an offer on our house this coming week (and I hope I'm not tempting fate!). Survey has been done, price agreed etc. just waiting on the offer in paper.
All of a sudden I feel kinda like a "rabbit in the headlights". We have a house not completed yet and our NIE's and have registered son at spanish school. However, on the UK side of things I haven't really done much as I didn't want to until we sold. If all goes according to plan, we will have between 5-8 weeks depending on the entry date given to move out, and I would rather go straight over to Spain and rent.
Hubby talking about hiring a lorry (think he said 7.5 tonne) and taking all our stuff over then driving it back. If anyone knows of a hire company please let me know. We did get a quote from Mitchells but a soon as they knew he was taking it to Spain they quoted £1500 for the week. We may nearly fill this size with the stuff we are taking. Perhaps we would be as cheap getting a Company in? Doubt it though!
Will prob need to put stuff in storage as well.

I have changed all our addresses to sons flat here, including doctors etc. Youngest son and I would be staying in Spain full time and hubby will work uk and go back and forth for a while.

If anyone can advise on anything I would need to do then I would be grateful!  I'm thinking medical side, banks (we have opened a sol bank account in spain) or any legal matters. I know there are countless threads on the subject but my brain would just freeze if I started.

I suppose by changing address to another UK address I am hoping to make the move gradually, hope that makes sense!

After approx 25 viewings I am so really hoping this all goes through.
Margaretx

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 12:05 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Hi Margaret

Pleased to hear that things have progressed so much. Will keep fingers crossed that you get the news that you want this week.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 2:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hope all goes well for you, Margaret. Good luck.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 5:11 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Fingers crossed all goes to plan. Great news on selling the in UK especially bearing in mind all the media hype about prices.

About the van hire - would it be cheaper to do it the other way round, hire in Spain?  When we completed on our apartment last year we checked out vans as we wanted to move some stuff over but, as you say as soon as vehicle leaves UK, the price doubles. We drove our 4x4 over in the end - packed to the gills - as we weren't moving furniture and brought a load of cava and san miguel back!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 10:21 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Margaret - great to hear your news!  Seems a long time since we met at that freezing car boot sale in Glasgow!  I've been out here about 2 months now and started work today - quite happy to spend a few hours in an air conditioned office out of the blazing sun!!!! - never thought I'd say that!

One thing you should ensure you sort before you come out is your E106, if you have paid NI contributions recently, as it gives you health cover here in Spain.  As regards removals, I used David Dale - they weren't cheap but were so reliable.  They delivered my small load within an hour of me arriving at my house - how's that for service!  I take it that you didn't sell everything if you need a truck!

Do keep in touch - there's some cava in the fridge for when you arrive!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts
white goods - 2 posts
any one bought in playa mojacar - 0 posts
Sayalonga agents - 0 posts
Going to Gibraltar / La Linea in October. looking for some help!!!! - 3 posts
New Book Shop- Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Can your rent a property without a first occupancy license ? - 1 posts
dodgy builders - 7 posts
Inheritance Tax - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x