Birthday cakes Costa Blanca.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by mark3958 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone.
we were out in our apartment last easter (inland from Guardamar, Costa Blanca South) and it was my boys birthday, we searched high and low (even carrefore) for a proper birthday cake and could not find one.  We are now coming back out at the end of July and it just happens that it will be my wifes birthday whilst we are there. Would appreciate any help or info about where i could get a birthday cake for her from.
Thanks
Mark

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 10:42 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Since we cannot advertise  ( rightly so ) on this forum, I have sent you a PM which I hope you can access.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 11:03 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
JUSTIN..............can you enable mark3958  's PM's please so he can open my message...........thankyou, Karensun

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 3:07 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi

That has now been enabled.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 3:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Just to say,
I have seen the cakes that Karen has made, one word, FABULOUS!!!!! 

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 3:11 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Thanks for that Justin......................and you too candyfloss!!                

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 2:30 PM by octojan Star rating in Las Kalendas, Fortun.... 20 posts Send private message

octojan´s avatar

Living in the Murcia area,  I am looking for a good supplier of Icing sugar, and even better a cake products supplier.   I like doing sugar flowers etc,
 I can only find the little round tubs of icing sugar, even the 1kg boxes would be better than that.  At the moment I am mail ordering bits and pieces. 

Thanks anybody

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 6:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Icing sugar is just powdered sugar. To make icing just add a little milk, or so my friend tells me.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:28 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I've tried what you said More, but it doesn't work.....................what you get is wet granulated sugar and you can't spread that on a cake or make sugar flowers with it.

octojan, you will need to find an English shop, like Johnsons or Jacksons or quick save or perhaps Gama. There you will be able to buy kilo packs of icing sugar. Check the prices tho cos they do vary. Icing sugar here is MUCH more expensive than in England.
I have a regular bulk order with our local shop and pay 1.65€ per kilo.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:41 PM by BobShe Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi

To make icing sugar you grind caster sugar, and he presto white soft stuff.  I never buy icing sugar anymore, just icing sugar and make my own.  I have a grinder attachment that you can make breadcrumbs with. Just put some icing in that and HEY PRESTO loads of the stuff

BobShe

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:44 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Of course you can do that BobShe but when I've got lots of cakes to do at the same time it gets a bit like Stuffing mushrooms!!.............................life's too short !!          

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 6:19 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Years ago I needed some castor sugar for a recipe but only had granulated.  I decided to try ginding it but  it's very easy to overgrind and end up with icing sugar.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 6:22 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I've done that too, semi  !! AND got the damn stuff all over the place !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 9:23 AM by octojan Star rating in Las Kalendas, Fortun.... 20 posts Send private message

octojan´s avatar

Thanks Karensun,

I found an English shop about 30 mins drive away and I have stocked up ..., I did find it a bit pricey (3.95 euros) per 1kg, but going to still look around.

Cheers

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 2:43 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Crikey !!!.................I pay 1.65€ a kilo from Jacks and Sons at Playa flamenca Comm Centre.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 1:18 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Nancy tells you how .....

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 3:15 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I have to do 5 this next week with butter cream filling too, so you can tell that Nancy that I'll trust to Tate and Lyle and NOT spend so much on electrickery and have all that white mess !!!              

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 3:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
But IF it proves difficult to get hold of the white stuff, Karen, it IS an alternative.

Most don't make zillions of cakes, just the occasional one. I do recall my mum liquidising (?) some sugar once as she had forgotten to buy some icing sugar & she was covered in powder. It'll never happen to me as you wouldn't catch me baking cakes. Mr Kipling bakes so much better than More.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 3:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

personalized greetings

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anyone know what this is? - 3 posts
spanish reg seat Ibeza 1.2 for sale in uk - 3 posts
Passengers on scooters - 3 posts
moving with babies - 0 posts
Financial situation of a particular estate agent - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 0 posts
Ocean Symphony?? - 3 posts
Could this be the beginning of an "action group" - 0 posts
Jane - 9 posts
LHD BMW FOR SALE IN COSTA DEL SOL VERY LOW MILEAGE - 5 posts
polargmd its a 100% a rip off and illegal - 0 posts
Orthodontics Treatment for Children - 2 posts
Spanish Car for sale - 0 posts
Calling all you keen gardeners - growing a lemon tree on the balcony - 2 posts
Torrevieja villa 23rd - 28th Sept wanted - 0 posts
Assistance Required - 5 posts
Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x