Calling all you keen gardeners - growing a lemon tree on the balcony

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

I have a romantic idea of wanting to grow a dwarf lemon tree on my Spanish balcony.Has anyone tried it successfully?
I wouldnt be growing it from seed but intend to buy a reasonably established tree.Does anyone know how much care they need and if its remotely possible when we are not there all the time to tend it.I dont really want to resort to a fake as they dont have quite the same charm -  to say the least.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:02 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
I haven't tried it but on our complex someone has one in their win dow box and I have seen lemons drop off so know it is real.  I have no idea how often they are there to water it though.  Will your planter be open to rainfall?  My kids planted some orange pips in one of our boxes and we haven't been out to Spain for a few months - will be amazed if they have sprouted!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 8:24 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi Caroline,
I think if I put it right near the edge of the balcony it mught catch some raindrops!
If the orange pips havn't sprouted then try lemons they are supposed to be much easier to grow - or so I have heard .

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torrevieja villa 23rd - 28th Sept wanted - 0 posts
Assistance Required - 5 posts
Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x