Wasted Journey

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

just got back yesterday from our week to collect our key in playa golf III. We were requested to come over as the builder had released our house and they are ready to sign etc... everything was confirmed with our agent notary appointments etc.. looking good... We were collected at murcia and dropped to the our rented apartment. Had a lovely day on the beach on Sunday with the our three kids and my mother ,in the glorious weather..On Monday we were brought to see our house.. it was fantastic completely finished.. then to our solictiors Aroca and then to the furniture store. Our appointment for the notary was for wed. then changed to thursday. so we were told we'd get a call to confirm the time the call never came so we had to chase our agent and eventually we got the news that there was not going to be a meeting the builders administrator would not make it. We then made an appointment to see our lawyer (Aroca) where we were only then offically told that we would have to be put on San JOse creditors list.. just sitting there in front of two lawyers and a translator and hearing them say the words blew me away.. On friday we had to go to the notary to sign over power of attorney to our solicitor and then we went to the bank where we had to get a cheque which we then brought to our solictors but we have been told that this money is part of the original conveyanicing fee. Our lawyers have categorically stated that we will get our house as we are high up on the list of creditors and san jose have so much assets bla bla bla.. so we were dropped at the airport and sent on our way being told that we will prob not hear anything for a few months...  We dont trust anyone or anything they tell us but what else can we do... I am so disgusted.. we had flights booked to go back over for the last two weeks in july.... what a joke.....

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 4:47 PM by joechristie Star rating in Bacup, Lancashire & .... 64 posts Send private message

joechristie´s avatar
Hang on in there,  we had a similar experience 2 years ago when our builder disappeared the day we were due to sign.  He also turned up for completion 8 months later and said he didn't want to complete! Two wasted trips, we found out that others had completed in our apartment block within days of both our failed attempts.  Our agents Atlas and solicitors Aroca were useless we had to drag every little piece of information out of them and ring or email them every week to remind them who we were.

The good news is we finally got possesion 10 months later and although there are still some problems with the development a new builder has taken over and in time we will have a lovely urbanisation.

I understand how you are feeling,  I felt as though I had been kicked in the stomach and could see our life savings disapppearing.

When are your flights booked for July?  Hopefully it will be sorted soon, after all they will need to get their money in.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 8:15 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Thank you for that but i feel totally deflated and am cross that i even have to wait at all ..my house is ready  to move into,we have paid majority of our money and were ready with rest in cash no mortgage involved...all Becuase these builders cant manage their business.. as you say this is peoples savings and more that they are messing with but my biggest worry is will we loose all the money we have paid already , the longer it goes on the more worried and stressed you get... Aroca seem very confident but they are bound to say that.. I think in general in spain you have to chase them for everything it is so frustrating...Is there anything else that we could be doing besides sitting and waiting or chasing the solicitor for informtion.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:22 AM by joechristie Star rating in Bacup, Lancashire & .... 64 posts Send private message

joechristie´s avatar
Sorry Demented,

Spanish property law is so unlike ours it is difficult to understand.  From our experience I think your money is safe, the banks will want all their money and hopefully once all the legalities are completed you will be able to go ahead.  Keep in touch with your solicitor & agent is the only I advise I can give.  If you don't bother them they will not get in touch with you was our experience.  

If you can't get your flights changed for July send me a personal mail with your phone number, I may be able to help with accomadation.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:36 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

cheers for your offer.. I do appreciate it... I just returned to work today and of course i had told everyone that i was going over to get the keys to our house so i have had a crappy morning trying to be cool about the whole thing but i am gutted.spent most of last nite on the web looking up info on our solicitor and wondering did we do the right thing going with this paticular solicitor..there are lots of bad reports about them having no interest in the clients its the agencies that they work for...its the one thing everyone stresses to get our own independent solicitor...Do you know if we felt that nothing was happening and we wanted to change solicitors down the line do you get the money back?

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:52 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
You ceratinly need to hire an independent lawyer. Of course you can ask for inmediate completion before the Judicial Administrators of San Jose is the FOL is in place.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 12:26 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Sorry maria but my brain is not working this morning... FOL????

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 12:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
First Occupation License

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 3:18 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

We just got a call from our solicitor requesting copies of passports and nie and bank details so the services can be taken from builders supply to us. Is this a good sign as my husbands thinks that it is?? Or am i being parnoid in that i think its cheeky of them - we have to go to court to get our house yet they want us to take over the service charges. can we be charged or do we have to start paying any of these services although we have not got ownership of our house..
will this enable us to get our FOL?

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 3:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
in theory they cannot transfer the utilities to your names without the LFO but Maria will probably have some input on this.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 4:30 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Aroca are my lawyers via Atlas International. I have lived in my property for 3.5 years and still no deeds. The developer Tecnologia Urbanistica has deserted us on an unfinished urbanisation leaving us to sort out water and electric as they are refusing to pay any more bills. No Certificate of Habitation naturally. I have made my views about Aroca known on other threads and other forums. In a word they are USELESS.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 4:36 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

This whole process is a nightmare..

Like 0      
03 Jul 2008 11:55 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

fly380 did you stick with Aroca or did you change to an independent solicitor?

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 3:21 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,
We also used aroca and atlas. All was okay until it was time to sign in front
of notary. We were taken to aroca offices outside of torrevieja, paid all of our
legal fees THEN were informed oh you are not going to notary now BUT
you are going to solicitor to sign to give them power of attorney, at that point
I turned the air blue and told them in no uncertain terms that NO SOLICITOR was
going to sign for us. They made a second appointment for a week later which
was cancelled as the builder could not be there as he wanted an extended
weekend break(it was a monday the  appointment).)The 3rd appointment was also
cancelled as they said they did not realise it was a national holiday, finally on the 4th
appointment we finally signed.BUT atlas thought we were only over in spain for a week
and we said we had to keep changing our flight and on the 4th atempt we were not willing
to change our flight again.BUT we were as devious as them as we were warned they may
pull a FAST ONE on us so we had actually booked to stay in Spain for 6 weeks.Since then
we have severed all ties with Aroca and have another solicitor who is very good and honest with
us. We got our deeds from Aroca about 6 months after we signed then immediately told them
we no longer required their services.We beleive that if we had gone with different firms then
our legal fees and apartment would have been a lot cheaper.!!!!

coolyes

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 10:27 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

hi formentera costa,
That is incredible - good for ye... Its good to know because i am feeling that they are completely calling all the shots and that we have no control.. but you proved that if you keep pushing them then it can work.. you were lucky though ours has gone to court which leaves us at sea but after reading your post i am feeling a bit more determined on pushing a few things.....I think its time to start making calls and e-mails on the hour every hour next week We had huge reservations about handing over power of attorney but we really had no choice because we were over for one week and dont know when we could get over again but it is niggling in the back of my head that we handed this power over to them..

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 1:50 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi demented,
I think you are right to keep at them all the time as they will
then start to listen and act on what you say.We found that the
only thing they understood was to be "pushy and loud".
Find out also how to go about cancelling the power of attorney
so all decisions revert back to yourself.
GOOD LUCK.

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts
white goods - 2 posts
any one bought in playa mojacar - 0 posts
Sayalonga agents - 0 posts
Going to Gibraltar / La Linea in October. looking for some help!!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x