TAXI FROM FUENGIROLA STATION TO CALAHONDA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Does anyone know how much a taxi from Fuengirola station to Calahonda would be? I have some friends who are going to our apartment and don't want to hire a car - they think the quickest route would be Malaga Airport by train to Fuengirola and then a taxi to Calahonda.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 6:54 PM by armitaa Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

It should cost about €18 - I have made the trip on a few occasions although this was in 2007.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 7:30 PM by sunnymim Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

I presume they would have made the journey by now!.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 7:33 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Cioff1,

The taxi fare is between 25 and 30 euros to from Malaga airport to Fuengirola, depending on which end you are staying.

The train from the airport to Fuengirola runs every 30 mins from about 6.am until 11 pm, and the fare to Fuengirola is about 1.65 euros each.

Sorry I can't help with the taxi fare from Fuengirola to Calahonda , but experience tells me to warn you to, tell your friends to be sure to negociate a reasonable  fare before they get in the taxi, We were charged 25 euros from the train station to Mijas Golf three years ago!!

The bus station is just across the road from the train station in Fuengirola and they could possibly get a bus to Calahonda (we've not yet tried it), but then depending on where your apartment is situated they may have to then change again to  a local bus to get near to your apartment.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 7:37 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Sunnymim,

Not necessarily.

Some of us like to be organised well in advance.

But I do get your point

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 6:04 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

They went to the apartment in May this year - and got the train from Malaga to Fuengirola, bus from Fuengirola to Calahonda and the little road train up to the apartment. Got to admire them really for the effort alone!

They had a great week with no car and went here, there and everywhere - Marbella, a walking tour of Malaga, Gibraltar all by public transport. They met some great local people and even got invited to the home of a Spanish family for dinner.

Thanks for the info anyway

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

villas around pilar de la horadada area - 0 posts
Spanish Truckers going to strike - 16 posts
my stupid boyfriend says...................... - 26 posts
San Jose NO DEEDS - 12 posts
where to buy BBQ gas - 14 posts
Help please in finding Wayne Stoneman - 5 posts
Alicante airport to San Javier - 41 posts
Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x