Endless internet search on agent ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2008 12:00 AM by Kita Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi ,
I am new on this forum ,although i have found tons of extremley usefull info already on this website about property in Spain ,i do not seem to find anything positive or negative on the agent i am dealing with currently ,which makes me wonder if he really exsist

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with Alternativas rulales (Spanish farm houses) from Sorbas ?i know there are many estate agents which are not mentioned ,but i was just wondering if maybe has had some experience with them ?

Like 0      
28 May 2008 11:26 AM by Valda100 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Kita,
I just saw your post, and my husband and I are currently dealing with this agent. We are looking to buy inland in the almeria region, and have been out on 2 occassions with Adam from Spanish farmhouses. We haven't bought anything yet, but are going out to Spain again in September and hope (fingers crossed!) to have sold our house in England by then. We have been very happy with the service, they are not at all pushy, and have given us a lot of advice. They have a big office in Sorbas, so if you are coming out, you can go straight there to speak to them. They're not hard to find, the village is fairly small and everybody knows everybody (one of the reasons we want to move here!).
I think maybe the problem you have is that their spanish name is alternativas rurales, not rulales.... it is the spanish for rural (although don't quote me on that!).
Hope that helps, and good luck with the house hunting!!
Adios! Val

Like 0      
29 May 2008 7:32 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Hi, just a quicky in general about rural properties in Spain. This area of properties is especially complicated and influenced by many new laws. Make sure you are up to speed with those before you make any purchase. Rustic land (terreno rustico) cannot be built on, not even a wooden house etc. Also, if there is a ruin there with the roof already caved in, often this property is reverted back to rustic land in the registry. A building on land should not be classified as Nave, or stables, which some people are still told they can convert into a house. Not so. A house, registered as a dwelling, can not be extended, unless there are some stringent regulations met, as in the amount of land around it. No dwelling can be used as a commercial property, unless the land in the registry is classified for this purpose. So B&B's, rural hotels etcetera are out of the question. If your house has no first occupancy license, forget electricity and water supplies. Swimming pools count as obra nueva, and terefor fall under the extention of property limitations.
Often, there are right of way laws governing water channels, paths etc. These have to be respected and not cut off. If there is a dirt track of any considerable length, be aware that these in winter turn into very difficult mud tracks. Many species of trees are protected by law and are registered. They can not be removed. Fines are stiff. 
The authorities make areal photos at regular intervals and check those against the land registry records.
The Spanish rural life is on the whole an adventure, and civilisation is far away. Amenities are often a dream, and it would be wise to first rent a rural property for a year before even thinking of buying. Often, rural properties sold by long suffering Spanish families to foreigners are overpriced. Get a bank valuation and a survey done in all cases, and always use an independent lawyer.

Good luck!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 12:01 PM by franteruel Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Dear Robert H. Regulations and laws are so different depending on which Comunidad Autónoma you are. For example, in Murcia Region, there are some municipalities where you can build on rustic land. Where I am, in Lorca municipality, there are a few quite big areas where you are allowed to build a 300 sq. metres house on a rustic plot of 20,000 m2 or 5,000 m2.  You can find it so easy just going to the Planning office of the Town Hall where you are told which areas are and all the regulations. 
Please, don't confuse the people. Just find out the regulations on where you are looking for to recolocate. Andalucia laws and regulations are different than the ones in Murcia, for example and it may be different than the ones in Extremadura. 
Thanks

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 12:15 AM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Of course there are variations depending on where the property is located, and as I said, be up to speed with the law before purchasing. However, there are more limitations throughout Spain than ample possibilities as far as rural properties are concerned.
What does "you are allowed to build a 300 sq. metres house on a rustic plot of 20,000 m2 or 5,000 m2." mean? 
Potential buyers are more often than not having the wool pulled over their eyes when showing an interest in rural properties. The good news is that the new statutes regarding property listings should make it more transparent.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 10:59 AM by franteruel Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I mean that you can apply for permission to build a 3 storey villa with a maximum built area of 300 square metres. And there are two different classified areas: in one of the areas you need a plot of 20,000 square metres of land to be able to apply for the license to build and. In the other area you need a plot of 5,000 square metres of land be able to apply for the permission to build.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 1:18 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Hi,

It sounds to me that the 5.000 m2 plot you are talking about are Parcela Unifamiliar, where often the build density would be around the 30%. Sometimes you can increase that by making use of a semi sotano, which after inspections you would be able to convert.

In all cases, as you said, have the possibilities checked out in the departamento de urbanismo at the local town hall.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 4:03 PM by lamela Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi there we know glenn of spanish farm houses very well we brought are property with him 2yrs ago very good no problems we bought in lamela if you need any help you can send private message  .helen and stuart .

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 4:34 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi,
     I'm new to this forum. I wonder if anyone knows about Spanish Property Bureau.
If so, please comment on them.
Thanks.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 5:09 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Forhotspot, welcome to the forum. You have obviously done a google search on Spanish Property Bureau personally I have never heard of them   But on googling it says they are a small family company, are you buying with them?                           Only there are some good agent's on this forum full of great information and honest.                                                                           We can recommend a few, if you are looking at buying.   Regards Pat

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 5:33 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Yes I would like to retire in Spain in the Alicante area.  I'm not with them. Just looking round. Ideally an off-plan suits me but after reading in the forum, I'm cautious  about off-plan. I got a house to sell & that's why an off-plan suits me but just wouldn't dare to go for it.  Yes please if you can recommend a good agent. Thanks Pat.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 6:54 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Forhotspot, if you are looking round that area Georgia is a very good agent, he has helped quite a few on this forum if you do a search for his posts he will be able to advise you.  He lives in Algorfa, but his office is in Guaradamar    Good luck with selling your house not easy in this climate depends on areas.    They do seem to be selling round our area.  We are not to far from London so that might be why.          Pat

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 3:47 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Forhotspot,
You are right to be cautious with off plan.
Over the last six months i have reduced the builders that i work with who supply off plan to just 2.
The reason behind this is because they are the only one's that fill me with confidence and have never let me down,supplying bank guarntee on the spot every time and all the legalities to go with it.
You can still go down the off plan route you just need to use your full due dilligence to do so.
Hi Pat and Roy,
Thanks for that it is nice to be appreciated....
Hope you are both well,is it stilllllllll raining...........??

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 4:12 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi yes I would be very dubious about buying of plan at the moment even in the foreseeable future.                                              HI Georgia hope you are coping alright family must be back soon?                                                       It is not raining hear just cloudy but my daughters cavalier wants to keep going out for a walk, she is pining for the family.       But at least we have TV and can watch what we like???????????????????????????????   Take care Pat

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 4:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi PAT and Roy,
Yes they are back on thursday night.......they have been from Spain to  England then Italy and then back to England so i think they are looking forward to coming home now.
They stayed with my wifes auntie in italy and she has horses and Ponies,no points for guessing what i have been asked for by little Georgia...!!!
My wife commented that she has never seen England so grey,what has happened to the long hot summers i remember as a child,playing out all school holiday etc etc...
I have to visit myself in Sept/Oct so i hope you get an Indian Summer.....Laurence llewelyn-Bowen's mother has bought a property off me so i have to do a house visit....

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 5:13 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia, Yes I remember those long hot summers I think they are long gone.       Wow sold a house to Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen's Mother, is he designing it for her?   Are you still an agent in UK then or have I got  that wrong.?                            Well it looks like it is pony time, my youngest daughter has a horse and looks after quite a few expnsive, well it is in this country.     You will have to sell a lot of property to keep it, it is probably a lot cheaper in Spain.                                                         Take care Pat  

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 5:27 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi PAT,
No,Mrs LLB has bought a place here........lovely villa,exclusive development with very nice neighbours.......
Its a NO NO  for the pony already,i gave in for the rabbit last easter and i ended up feeding that as well as the dog and the fish,i am not walking a horse every night!!!!!!!!
Imagine the pooper scooper you would need for that!!............

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 5:52 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia,  no I thought you meant you was coming back to UK to view her property.      A property in Spain I bet that is nice would love to see it.     Georgia it is called mucking out when you have a horse or pony good manure for your garden and you would have to learn to ride.   we can all come and watch        Pat

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 6:31 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi PAT,
I can ride, when i was in Antigua i went on a trail up into the rain forest through the waterfalls,it was fantastic!!!
I used to go out with a girl when i was younger that kept horses,she taught me but the horse never liked me form day one,it was all down hill after that.
I will take her down to Carrefour when she gets back,they have a horse there that you put 50c in and it goes back and forth for 5 mins,that will get it out the system...

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 7:13 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Georgia, I do not think that will be quite the same as her having her own horse, now if you can ride you wil be able to teach her Father and Daughter bonding.   .   There might be a horse out their looking for a good home do they do rescue ones like the poor dog's mentioned on the forum????????????        Take care Pat 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hospitals - 0 posts
Savings account? - 6 posts
spanish lawyer in marbella - 0 posts
Just my take on the current property market... - 82 posts
ANYONE KNOW THE CHEAPEST LONG TERM CAR HIRE NEAR TORREVIEJA - 2 posts
Anyone out there at Fuentemar, Vera Playa - 8 posts
Easyjet £19.99 seats each way including taxes & charges. Go look at details. - 16 posts
Lonely Irish buyers.. - 7 posts
Rixxy's Clubs! - 31 posts
House Music Clubs near Los Narejos - 3 posts
Medsea Properties - 43 posts
completion - 6 posts
UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK - 11 posts
atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x