Lonely Irish buyers..

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2008 12:00 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

After reading your message boards today my husband and I have been panicked as we purchased a property in Playa Golf III and we should of had our key in December 2007 we finally have received a letter to say our house is ready and that we can go over and get the key. We are scheduled to go over the last week of June and am worried now that that might be too late. Typically our solictor (recommended by the builder)is not returning our calls and our agent is saying that we have nothing to worry about. Friends of ours live near our property and say it is finished looking great. Should we be worried...

Like 0      
22 May 2008 4:23 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

You've got the letter, the agent says all is good, your friends have seen the house and say it looks great. You've got nothing to worry about. Solicitors are renound for not returning your calls, and thats in the UK let alone Spain!

Enjoy your new home.

Like 0      
22 May 2008 4:26 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

thanks eva.  I supose like everyone we have to wait and see what awaits us when we get there...

Like 0      
22 May 2008 5:03 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Keep us informed, I hope everything works out fine for you both 
:-)

Like 0      
22 May 2008 5:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi, who said the house is ready ? Your agent, I assume ! Who set/agreed the completion date ? Your agent ? If he has arranged the completion date & your house is ready, just look forward to going out to complete.

I'm sure, although it's a bit overdue, you'll forget that once you have those keys in your hands.

It's meant to be an exciting time so good luck & my warmest wishes to you both.

Like 0      
22 May 2008 10:31 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

The completion date was in the contract and we just received a letter from our agent saying that we could go over and get key. But it seems to easy..too good to be true..but i will keep ye posted.

Like 0      
23 May 2008 3:43 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
If the agent says it is ready, it probably will be.  Agents check places out first before telling you it is ready.  It's when the builders or developers tell you it is ready that you have to worry .
Hope you have a great completion and things go well at the notary.  We completed on our second home a couple of weeks ago and it went like a dream, albeit I seemed to have signed my life away.
If it's the Playa Golf III just up from Campoamor, I went past the other week and it is all looking very nice.  The shops/bars/cafes/supermarket all up and running. 
Enjoy!

Like 0      
24 May 2008 9:00 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Cheers bobaol..yes thats the one friends of mine have been sending me photos and he speaks spainish so he has been talking to the foreman on site so they have been keeping me up to date cause you just dont know with the agents. On our site visit we tried to speak to the foreman but he looked at us blankly and our agent hadn't a word of spanish so he was of no use, but we made a trip to the site  ourselves with our  friends a day later and because my friend could converse with him he was very nice answered our questions , showed us around our the site and our house,no problem. Hopefully my hand over will go as smoothly as yours did, as it should do but that doesnt seem to be the case most of the time.. Hope ye are enjoying ye're new holiday home

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rixxy's Clubs! - 31 posts
House Music Clubs near Los Narejos - 3 posts
Medsea Properties - 43 posts
completion - 6 posts
UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK - 11 posts
atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts
TOLDO/SUN AWNING - 1 posts
TDT Transmitter Location - 3 posts
Reposessions How long does it take? - 4 posts
Question - about experiences - 0 posts
Good morning everyone! - 8 posts
Just trying out my Avatar - 3 posts
New free directory - 5 posts
transfers from alicante to guardamar - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x