Is this a legal letter?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2008 12:00 AM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

IWe received a letter from spain yesterday by recorded delivery, in spanish, which our limited knowledge of the language at the moment is making it difficult to fully understand its contents.  We wondered if anybody else has received a similar letter or understands what it means, we'd be very grateful.

Its from HMO AYUNTAMIENTO de la VILLA de ESTEPONA (Malaga)

the next bit goes

NEGOCCIADO: URBANISMO.           SERVICIO: GESTION URBANISTICA.        ASUNTO: APROBACION        INICIAL      ENTIDAD      URBANISTICA     DE   CONSERVACION  DEL SUP-C3 "ARROYO LAS CANAS".                             EXPTE.: 5/07

El Sr. Alcalde en fecha 26 de Febrero de 2.008 ha dictado el siguiente:

"DECRETO: Dada curnta del expediente num. 5/2.007 de Gestion Urbanistica, relativo al procedimiento para la constitucion de una Entidad Urbanistca de Conservacion en el sector denominado SUP-C3 "ARROYO LAS CANAS",Y

RESULTANDO.- Que con  fecha 30 de octubre de 2007 y numero de regstro 13.829 se presenta en el registro de entrada de este Ilmo. Ayuntamiento escrito y documento adjunto consistenteen estatutos de entidad urbanistica de conservacion, protocolizados bajo el num. dos mil ochocientos sesenta y cinco del Notario de Madrid D Martin Maria Recarte Casanva, para que se proceda a la constitucion de la Entidad Urbanistica de Conservacion del SUP-C3 "ARROYO LAS CANAS".

Theres a lot more that follows but this is just to get some idea of what its  about.   It came with an orange card attached to the envelope which I think we have to sign and send back to them.    What puzzles & worries me more is that 1) it was sent to Mr Nicholas & Mrs Jacqueline but no surname and 2) I am not on any documentation at all in spain, our property, bills and bank account are all in Nicks name and he is the only one with an NIE number so where did they get my name from?    It also make no reference whatsoever to our apt by name/address in spain.

Sorry to take up so much space on this, but if any of you can help explain what this is or if its anything to worry about please let us know.

Many thanks

Jackie

This message was last edited by hobby on 5/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 1:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jackie, not seen you posting since wishing us well in our retirement &, as you can see, I'm still here.  

(Don't need to be sitting on his lap all the time, do I ?  )

Can't help you on this one but just wanted to say  & good luck.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 2:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It doesn't make a lot of sense when put into Babel Fish, but you may be able to unscramble a bit and work out what it means for you:

HMO CITY COUNCIL of ESTEPONA VILLA (Malaga)

NEGOCCIADO: URBANISMO.           SERVICIO: GESTION URBANISTICA.        ASUNTO: INITIAL APPROVAL ORGANIZATION URBANISTICA OF CONSERVATION OF THE SUP-C3 "STREAM".                             EXPTE.: 5/07

Mr. Alcalde in date 26 of February of 2,008 has dictated the following one:

"DECREE: Given curnta of the file num. 5/2,007 of Urbanistica Management, relative to the procedure for the constitution of an Organization Urbanistca de Conservacion in denominated sector SUP-C3 "STREAM the GREY HAIRS",Y

BEING.- That with date 30 of October of 2007 and I number of regstro 13,829 appears in the incoming log of this Ilmo. Written city council and attached document consistenteen statutes of urbanistica organization of conservation, protocolizados bajo el num. two thousands eight hundred sixty and five of the Notary of Madrid D Martin Maria Recarte Casanva, so that STREAM is come to the constitution of the Organization Urbanistica de Conservacion of the SUP-C3 "the GREY HAIRS".

Like 0      
04 May 2008 2:13 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
is this something to do with a macro community?  "Entidad Urbanistca de Conservacion" I believe is a macro community (we have one in Duquesa, the El Hacho EUC).  I think maybe the approval for the setting up of a macro community?

Sorry can't be of more help!!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 5/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 2:21 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

You need a Spanish lawyer for this one, Hobby, just in case it IS important.  I have  shown documents emanating from Ayuntamientos to Spanish people and they haven't been able to make head or tail of them either.  Better safe than sorry.  Maybe pm Maria de Castro?

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
04 May 2008 3:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maybe pm Maria de Castro?

Sound idea, Jane.

Jackie, why don't you email Maria on either of these ?

mldecastro@costaluzlawyers.es     or    marialuisa@costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
04 May 2008 5:14 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Thanks very much everyone for your replies so far and you efforts Markfish in trying to translate for me, I find the translation sites only give you the obvious words and the crucial ones that help make sense of the whole thing are left in spanish, hence my asking on the forum, but a big thanks anyways.

Pitby, your suggestion re the macro community may make sense, our community was only completed a couple of years ago and the area is being developed around us with new urbanisations, roads etc.  We pay an amount in our community fees which come under 'macro-community' already, so I suppose it could be something to do with it.

Jane & more, thanks for your suggestions re legal reps, unfortuantely ours charge an arm and a leg to translate anything for us and I thought it would be rude to ask maria to do it, dont want to appear as if Im taking advantage of her for free.    I have posted the question on our community forum asking if any one else has received received the same so hopefully someone either there or on this site will throw som light on it

Thanks once again, have a good bank holiday, nice to hear from you again more, glad to see you havent given up on the forum!

Jackie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Self Assessment - 5 posts
Going Out To Tender! - 0 posts
Beds Almoradi/Dolores/Orihuela Area - 5 posts
New London Mayor - 20 posts
Increased costs for Ryanair luggage from Mon 5th May - 10 posts
Buying Property in Trampolin Hills Albudeite - 1 posts
Importing a boat from usa to Spain, - 1 posts
Furniture For Sale - 14 posts
Eclipse in Manilva - 0 posts
help upon minimum notification required from developer of completion - 6 posts
Hi everyone - 2 posts
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT - 21 posts
confirmation required - 1 posts
Hi from Megmerlin got a question re Building works - 5 posts
Power of Attorney - 6 posts
JUSTICE AT LAST! - 2 posts
BACKSTABBING BRITS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax?? and Other Taxes? - 1 posts
New to Oasis. - 1 posts
furniture shops in murcia - 3 posts
Spanish SIP card - 34 posts
uk or spanish mortgage??? - 15 posts
rental agencies costa del sol - 0 posts
Has anyone got refund? - 2 posts
Time stands still...in Manilva - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x