Power of Attorney

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2008 12:00 AM by leslie Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello

can anyone tell me if Power of Attorney can be transferred from One Lawyer to another if I give authorisation?

Thank you.

Like 0      
02 May 2008 4:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

From what I recall when we set ours up, the POA form had the lawyers details on it and that form specifically gave the powers to them. I think (but don't know for sure) that you would have to cancel the existing POA and start afresh.

Mark

Like 0      
02 May 2008 6:39 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

On our Power of Attorney, I think there were 3 names listed from the firm of solicitors that we used so that if any of them left, there would be someone else who could act for us.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
03 May 2008 10:27 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar
No you cannot transfer POA,it requires an official seal,and it would be pointless if it was so easy. The procedure must be gone through again with the new lawyers name included

Like 0      
04 May 2008 6:24 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

I'll be moving over next month so dont see why I still need a Power of Attorney (am I correct?), and if so how do I cancel it?

thanks

Like 0      
04 May 2008 10:35 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar
Retrieve the documents from those that you gave power to.

Like 0      
06 May 2008 9:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
You can grant a new one and ask the Notary to include a revoking clause for the old. The Notary system will communicate that revoking to the former representative.

Sometimes just a communication is needed ( not necessary  by Notary conduct), for instance... when you start engaged in a new legal affair which  would stop the previous legal work : as an example: you start contract cancellation  of a purchase contract  In that case your new legal representative just can communicate the taking over of the case to the conveyancing lawyer so he can know his task is finished.  Needless to say you need to pay the former lawyer is there is any outstanding debt.

I would recommend you to have clear  " letter of engagement" with your lawyer so you both can exactly know what you are comitted to and avoid future discussions or misunderstandings.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTICE AT LAST! - 2 posts
BACKSTABBING BRITS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax?? and Other Taxes? - 1 posts
New to Oasis. - 1 posts
furniture shops in murcia - 3 posts
Spanish SIP card - 34 posts
uk or spanish mortgage??? - 15 posts
rental agencies costa del sol - 0 posts
Has anyone got refund? - 2 posts
Time stands still...in Manilva - 9 posts
mobile home information please - 5 posts
Setting up a spanish will - 32 posts
ClairH - 5 posts
Furniture Plus Spain - 3 posts
nannette - 1 posts
set up fees for mortgage - 3 posts
The NEW forum rules !!! - 9 posts
NEW : Abbey Zero Credit Card, NO foreign exchange fees for goods OR cash - 0 posts
WHO PAYS THE HIGHEST COMMUNITY FEES - 25 posts
La Vizcaronda - 2 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 2 posts
Sun Loungers - 2 posts
hello from portsmouth - 2 posts
Good deal or not, advice please. - 4 posts
Torrevieja information - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x