New London Mayor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We were watching Have I got news for you last night and they were talking about BoJo being Mayor.  When asked why BoJo, the reply was along the lines of you can't use the initials to describe the mayor of London .

Mark

Like 0      
03 May 2008 6:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

There was a Youtube of it but it has been removed "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Fremantle Media"

Everyone say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Like 0      
03 May 2008 7:45 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......did it mention BJ, going down well??

Like 0      
06 May 2008 10:41 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

As a London resident I am SO glad to see the back of Ken. Boris has promised to get rid of road humps which means I can get rid of the 4x4 and stop being considered anti-social. (It is jolly comfortable and does actually go off road in Wales sometimes) AND he'll put conductors back on the buses so we'll no longer feel that we're in Class 5c every time we get on thanks to free travel for all the school children.

However as a friend pointed out at the weekend he may make such an unholy mess of it all that it will affect the current goodwill towards the Tories and we'll get stuck with the current bunch of freeloaders for a bit longer. That will really hasten my retirement to Spain!

Like 0      
06 May 2008 11:34 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sonia

......like the tories were so good to us eh'. Some of us can remember what a balls up they made of the economy, and the revolting way they treated many of the working classes, but i admit the current lot are not pleasing many. I think we need a new party!

By all means get rid of speed humps, as long as you have them replaced with something to stop idiots speeding in built up areas. A 4x4 for speed bumps?, any normal car will cope.

Like 0      
06 May 2008 11:55 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Goodstich, maybe Sonia attacks speed bumps at the rate of knots.  Personally I make my OH go so slow (because it jars my back) that we can never seem to get over some & he has to reverse & take a faster run at some. (Some are really massive too.)

A VERY funny video, look ...

Like 0      
06 May 2008 11:56 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

And here's Sonia's idea of tackling the speed bumps, sorry Sonia.

Like 0      
06 May 2008 12:28 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Would that is the problem! Got same hair colour and style but unfortunately not the car. Might also be my solution if it was my problem.  Well it worked didn't it?

Like 0      
06 May 2008 10:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I think appointing Boris as London Mayor is one of the best moves ever.....

He is not going to have a clue what he is doing,but it is going to be great viewing,the man is a comedy genius.........

In fact i am sure he is not actually real,i keep expecting Harry Enfield to jump out of him......

The next four years are going to be memorable to say the least.

I remember when he got caught with another woman and he was filmed by the paparazzi trying to get into his house one morning,after 3 attempts he turned around and said "she appears to have locked me out" and then wandered off down the street,priceless!!!!

Good old Boris,he will have painted Big Ben pink and have everybody hopping around on one leg by the springtime..................

Like 0      
07 May 2008 6:51 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

geogia

yes, it will be good fun i think.  I assume he will  delegate to those who do know what they are doing,

What's next, Boris for the leadership??..........heaven help us!!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 9:38 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

I don't attack speed bumps fast but some of the ones in our area are so large that they hit the exhausts of smaller cars. One of my work colleagues had to replace her exhaust every year(OK it was a sports car).  Being a 4x4 driver I also hate cyclists as hog the middle of the road and ride side by side.  Can you tell I don't believe all this carbon footprint tosh? But I only drive a little freelander unlike some of my neighbours who drive cars that are as big as transit vans. They're enormous!

This is actually all very ironic as I'm the transport lead in work and have to encourage everyone to get out of the car, even introducing parking fees which will affect me. Currently running a campaign to encourage walking to work and issuing free pedometers (paid for by local council)

I really think Boris is going to be another George Bush and will actually be manipulated by whoever is pulling his strings. David Cameron and co? Otherwise he could damage the tories. But we had to get rid of Ken - didn't we?

Like 0      
07 May 2008 10:52 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sonia

as a keen cyclist/runner, i am concerned about pollution.  Why not be concerned about the footprint?

Cycling is so positive. No pollution, very little cost, doesn't blockup the roads, very safe (apart from the morons who cut us up!), and the biggest thing of all, so healthy, good for mind and body, and good fun.  (cycling training helped me run the london marathon this year) You want to look good, lose the fat, eat what you want? ..........long distance run,  or get a bike. Better than than the gym or any diet. OK it's got downsides, you get wet, and it's slow, but such a small price for all the advantages for health and the environment.

We are a two car family, we just try to use them as little as possible, and it's paying in so many ways!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 11:06 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
No good incentral London with all the pollution there! Safer inside a nice big vehicle where you can recylcle your air!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 May 2008 12:50 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Rixxy

would have thought it would be faster on a bike though?. Agree on pollution, we need clean fuel at an affordable price........and less cars on the road, though with current levels of 'cycle friendliness' , there's not much chance. Holland are much more on the ball.

........Boris on a bike?, now there's a thought!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 12:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
You are so right about all the positive aspects of running and cycling goodstich and congratualtions on doing the marathon. It's my ambition to do it one day.I wish I could cycle over here instead of using the car all the time but I am just so scared to cycle along the N340. I do walk whenever it is possible though but I should look into using the public transport system. Err shall we go off and start our own fitness/healthy living thread goodstitch?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 May 2008 2:02 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

I'm too scared to ride a bike in London but we are looking forward to purchasing a couple for use in Fuengirola which - some of you may know - has a super 5 mile long promenade.

I've also got asthma that is aggravated by traffic fumes and find just a short walk makes me cough for hours. Being in my air con'd car is much more friendly for me. Spain isn't too bad but Morocco nearly kills me. They have ancient diesel lorries and buses belching out thick black smoke.

Susan - I'm almost too scared to drive along the N340 let alone ride a bike on it!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 3:45 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Susan/Sonia

i totally sympathise with you. Cycling is just to dangerous on many roads. A real shame in Spain, as you have such a great climate for it. I hope you do try for a marathon. The London one is fantastic, and well worth all the training for, in my opinion. There is a really good web site called www.runnersworld.co.uk  if you ever need motivation.

Several people in my local running club, run the Barcelona marathon, but i don't know about the big ones in the South?

Susan

i daren't start a fitness thread, i'd never get any work done. Good idea though!!

Last year while holidaying in Zante, i got up just before light on some mornings and ran along the beach while the sun came up.......and saw baby turtles making their first journey to the sea after hatching. All very emotional, fantastic.

Like 0      
07 May 2008 3:49 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.whoops .........sorry, gone right off - thread

Like 0      
07 May 2008 4:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Here's Goodstich   

Like 0      
07 May 2008 6:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for the link goodstitch. Will take a good look at that.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Increased costs for Ryanair luggage from Mon 5th May - 10 posts
Buying Property in Trampolin Hills Albudeite - 1 posts
Importing a boat from usa to Spain, - 1 posts
Furniture For Sale - 14 posts
Eclipse in Manilva - 0 posts
help upon minimum notification required from developer of completion - 6 posts
Hi everyone - 2 posts
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT - 21 posts
confirmation required - 1 posts
Hi from Megmerlin got a question re Building works - 5 posts
Power of Attorney - 6 posts
JUSTICE AT LAST! - 2 posts
BACKSTABBING BRITS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax?? and Other Taxes? - 1 posts
New to Oasis. - 1 posts
furniture shops in murcia - 3 posts
Spanish SIP card - 34 posts
uk or spanish mortgage??? - 15 posts
rental agencies costa del sol - 0 posts
Has anyone got refund? - 2 posts
Time stands still...in Manilva - 9 posts
mobile home information please - 5 posts
Setting up a spanish will - 32 posts
ClairH - 5 posts
Furniture Plus Spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x