Hi from Megmerlin got a question re Building works

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2008 12:00 AM by megmerlin Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi every one hope this finds you all well, I have a quick question about a glass consrvatory that I have had erected, I am having problems with a neigbour complaining.

I want to know what the rules are prior to the community being set up do horizontal property laws come into force after community set up or are they there prior.

I am not sure. My conservatory was set up before the community any thoughts any one !

Cheers Mags

Megmerlin

Like 0      
03 May 2008 12:15 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mags  

I know those who did things that didn't need town hall approval before communities was set up were allowed in our community & others on our large urb. 

Roberto, Karensun,  Deniseatnycs & Promedia all should be able to advise being either Presidents, ex president or wife of a President.

We also have Maria De Castro who is a lawyer helping members on EOS, who would be able to advise. With luck she will see your post.

Like 0      
03 May 2008 1:32 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Hello Mags, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I'm pretty certain that you would have needed permission from the council for the conservatory. Did you get it?

Secondly, the Horizontal Division of property, as I understand it, comes into effect the moment the builder / developer splits the property into it's individual parts, i.e. once the building was completed and before you signed your escritura (deed). You will have to study the Horizontal Law to see exactly what it says about adding such structures, but again, I would imagine that you will find permission is required from the community.

You may also need to get hold of a copy of the estatutos, from the developer, which is like the master deed for the overall property, and may contain certain specific rules that the developer put in place prior to the formation of the official community.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 May 2008 10:33 PM by megmerlin Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks all very helpful seems I must get approval from my neighbours. Hope they are not too upset by my conservatory.

Cheers every one, I will keep you posted with my situ.

MAGS

Like 0      
04 May 2008 10:46 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Getting permission from the Town Hall is a seperate issue from getting permission from your community. You will need planning permission for building works from the town hall.....................you need planning permission for just about anything.

I understand that you need permission from your neighbours on either side before you do anything that may affect them but am not sure if that is before the Community is inaugarated.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 May 2008 11:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

From the Horizontal Property Act:

I think this applies, even if the community has not been "inaugurated". The community representative, in this case, would be the developer. Mags, if you had written permission from the developer, your neighbours would not have much of an argument. If not, you may have some sweet talking to do!

Section 7

1. Owners of individual units may modify the architectural elements, installations or services of their unit, giving proper notice to the community representative provided such work not impair or alter the safety of the building, its overall structure, its external appearance or condition, or prejudice the rights of another unit owner.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Power of Attorney - 6 posts
JUSTICE AT LAST! - 2 posts
BACKSTABBING BRITS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax?? and Other Taxes? - 1 posts
New to Oasis. - 1 posts
furniture shops in murcia - 3 posts
Spanish SIP card - 34 posts
uk or spanish mortgage??? - 15 posts
rental agencies costa del sol - 0 posts
Has anyone got refund? - 2 posts
Time stands still...in Manilva - 9 posts
mobile home information please - 5 posts
Setting up a spanish will - 32 posts
ClairH - 5 posts
Furniture Plus Spain - 3 posts
nannette - 1 posts
set up fees for mortgage - 3 posts
The NEW forum rules !!! - 9 posts
NEW : Abbey Zero Credit Card, NO foreign exchange fees for goods OR cash - 0 posts
WHO PAYS THE HIGHEST COMMUNITY FEES - 25 posts
La Vizcaronda - 2 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 2 posts
Sun Loungers - 2 posts
hello from portsmouth - 2 posts
Good deal or not, advice please. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x