Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As posted in our local newspaper..

INCREASED COSTS FOR RYANAIR LUGGAGE FROM MONDAY

Like 0      
03 May 2008 6:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I like the online check in facility,it is easy and painless. The problem is that not everyone has access to the internet or a printer while they are on holiday, so while it is cheap outbound, some passengers get stung inbound .

Mark

Like 0      
03 May 2008 6:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yep, tough owning second homes, innit ?

Like 0      
04 May 2008 8:43 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

We never actually take luggage ,because we have our own home in Spain and therefore have fully kitted out facilities .ie clothes ,tooth-brush etc .Hand luggage only nothing in the hold and nothing to wait by the conveyor belt for ,with priority boarding

Internet access on return did phase us a little ,but we found a cafe that printed ,and now I take my lap-top and I bought a cheap printer (Cos yes it was in Spanish cos yes we are in Spain ,downloaded a copy of the software in English)

No need to ever take luggage and if you need something out of the ordinary buy it in Spain.

This message was last edited by kenshaz on 5/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 11:02 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Trouble is, Ken, we always find something here which we think "that would look great in our casa, wouldn't it ?" then there's all the things friends say "please could you bring us a,b & c ". If we go just for a long weekend then hand baggage is fine but now we go for just under a month.

I have decided though that friends who cannot live without a cup of Tetleys or PG Tips will just have to open their wallets further seeing as they can buy these in Spain. They just don't want to pay what Spain asks. Initially, as I tend to take over certain things I know we wouldn't want to be without on our breaks there so I wasn't looking for certain items in Spanish supermarkets, I wasn't aware you could get certain products but now I do so I think it's a bit of a cheek, personally, asking friends to take over things available readily in Carrefour & the umpteem British shops.

My latest acquisition to take over next month  is a induction hob, an independant single one, great to take outside. Got it from QVC I've already got pans that can be used on induction hobs. (QVC again, Cooks Essentials range )

Yes, we too have clothes & toothbrushes in Spain. (I even have a tongue scraper there ) but we often bring certain items of clothing back to the UK to wear here inbetween holidays then, of course, we have to take these back to Spain. The times we've looked for something in our wardrobes here in the UK only to say "it must be in Spain & vice versa !!"

Like 0      
04 May 2008 11:14 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

More

I think the tongue scraper was a bit too much information.

We have tried to travel with hand baggage only but have had to bring so much stuff over with us (curtains were the latest!) that it has only been possible on the odd occasion. It is so much better than having to queue at check in & then wait at the carousel.

Of course, as I mentioned to you in another thread, if flying with Easyjet, you can check in for both journeys before you go out to Spain, as long as you are not staying more than 60 days.

Morning Ken - I guess you are aware of the internet cafe in the Consum centre, there is also one a bit further along on one of the roundabouts & we have also used one in Turre, all of which give printing facilities. Might save you having to take your laptop every time.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 May 2008 12:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Morning Noreen, I also have just bought two of the cutest pottery cats for my sideboard in Spain, £1 each at a pound shop. They're quite substantial too, not small ornaments. The bases even have those little pads on so they won't scratch surfaces. (I'm gonna show you a photo of them so feel privileged )
However can they sell them for so little ? OH picked up a length of cable with one scart plug on one end & two on the other so, in Spain, we don't need to keep unplugging the "Sky" box to plug the DVD player into our 20" TV with one socket, £1 too.
Anyway, nothing to do with baggage really, but, as I started the thread, I can post what I want.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 4:38 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I love those cats, More..........................would go with my collection lovely  !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 May 2008 4:52 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
can't see them ever geting to half there customers checking in online though as half of the customers being the 2 week holidaymakers

Like 0      
04 May 2008 4:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Cats or Thorntons, Thorntons or cats ? What a choice, Karen !

Like 0      
04 May 2008 6:01 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

NO CHOICE..................................CATS             ( sorry for going off thread!!)

If Ryanair have put up their bag checking in fees.........you can bet your bottom dollar ( or euro ) that the rest will follow suit !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying Property in Trampolin Hills Albudeite - 1 posts
Importing a boat from usa to Spain, - 1 posts
Furniture For Sale - 14 posts
Eclipse in Manilva - 0 posts
help upon minimum notification required from developer of completion - 6 posts
Hi everyone - 2 posts
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT - 21 posts
confirmation required - 1 posts
Hi from Megmerlin got a question re Building works - 5 posts
Power of Attorney - 6 posts
JUSTICE AT LAST! - 2 posts
BACKSTABBING BRITS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax?? and Other Taxes? - 1 posts
New to Oasis. - 1 posts
furniture shops in murcia - 3 posts
Spanish SIP card - 34 posts
uk or spanish mortgage??? - 15 posts
rental agencies costa del sol - 0 posts
Has anyone got refund? - 2 posts
Time stands still...in Manilva - 9 posts
mobile home information please - 5 posts
Setting up a spanish will - 32 posts
ClairH - 5 posts
Furniture Plus Spain - 3 posts
nannette - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x