Horrific coach crash near Benalmadena

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2008 1:53 PM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar
Ignoring the drink issue for a moment, I read yesterday the eye witnesses put the KIA 4x4 undertaking, yet the report from the Guardia says the guy lost control in the lane next to the central reservation. Does anyone know what, exactly, is the correct version ? Personally, having seen some of the videos on Tube it looks as if undertaking was the cause, so why are the Guardia saying otherwise ??? Confusing ain't it.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 4:17 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

We've just got back to UK and were stuck at the back of that traffic jam following the accident on Saturday night.  Had seen the warning signs but got confused and thought 224 was further down, stupid when - we get off at junction 217-  but I was tired and we just passed Junc 214 and met solid traffic.  Because of my clouded thinking we were stuck for over one hour and the behaviour of the motorists in the queue was unbelievable. No-one wanted to stay in their own lane, loads were driving up the hard shoulder - until a police van came and stopped them, then of course the horn blowing!  My favourite was the guy who abandoned his car on the outside lane to answer a call of nature.  I spent most of the time trying to figure out the dismisting system in the hire car. Couldn't find any info on the radio.

The weather was appalling on Saturday but that never seems to register with majority of Spanish drivers. Foot to the floor and off we go....... Just so very very sad that it was such a tragic accident.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 4:47 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Driving is the only thing the spanish seem to do quickly!

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 5:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

That, and talking, which amazingly, many drivers still are doing, on their mobiles, while driving. Un-f***ing-believable.

The zebra crossing outside our building was repainted yesterday. It had become very faded. Today, cars were parking on it as usual. How long before a pedestrian is killed because oncoming traffic can't see them stepping out to cross the road?  

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

can you help - 3 posts
Don't get caught by out of date TV Real Estate Programmes! - 3 posts
Duquesa agent refuses to refund security deposit - 24 posts
Power of Attorney - 4 posts
Spanish Smells - 17 posts
An apartment? No thanks, I'll take the whole village - 7 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 8 posts
Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received. - 3 posts
Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x