Urbs. in Murcia province.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by jaybe23 Star rating in Lincolnshire/ Tierra.... 54 posts Send private message

jaybe23´s avatar

Can anyone tell me the law concerning the need for commitees, presidents etc.  Our urb. has detached houses with no shared pools etc.  Each property has its own pool or garden.  The bars and restaraunt on site are well used by the locals from the nearby town.  A local laywer wants us to form a commitee and sees himself as very involved.  We all bought on the understanding that this would not happen. 

A few residents had letters delivered saying a meeting was to be held in the nearby town and the bulk of the letters were left in a bar for a short while and then vanished.

We managed to copy enough to inform all residents.  The meeting was packed and all spoke as one.  No one was in favour of having a president etc.

The lawyer was so called interpreting as the guy from the town hall spoke no English and although several on site are learning Spanish he spoke too quickly and at great lengh.  15 minutes of him and 2 minutes interpreting.  But one lady in the audience was fluent in Spanish and the interpreting was not correct. 

What are the laws and can we be forced to go this way when we do not want it.  We have apartments on the same site and they do share a pool and their lives are blighted by rules, regulations and locked gates.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 9:46 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Jaybe

If your urbanisation has no shared amenities then no you do not need to form a Community of owners.  If there is any  i.e do you have internal walkways or lighting (not the big lights owned by the council)  then I am afraid you do.  What do your own solicitors say?

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 7:00 PM by jaybe23 Star rating in Lincolnshire/ Tierra.... 54 posts Send private message

jaybe23´s avatar

Hi Denise,

Our solicitor is actually  the one who is very keen to push the whole thing. Need I say more?

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 8:50 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Jaybee,

Do you have any shared amenties?  I know you do not have a pool but have you any internal walkways or lights?  I  am also a little  confused as to why someone from the Town Hall should be at a meeting to form a Community as I have never heard of this before, maybe Justin or someone else out there can shed some light on this one.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts
Ollis Treff - 1 posts
Internet / broadband etc. - 4 posts
Three Spanish property developers face debt pressure - 0 posts
Registration deadline for primary/infant spanish school - HELP !! - 4 posts
YOUNG DRIVERS - 15 posts
HELP - TRAIN OR COACH INFORMATION NEEDED - 1 posts
quick question about community fee's?? :) - 15 posts
ailish new development vista lago - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x