Introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Sarah Dimambro Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

My name is Sarah I am 26, living in England. I have 2 children aged 7 and 2. My fiance and I are planning on moving to Spain as soon as we can!!

I feel it has a lot more to offer our children and with the cost of living constantly rising in our country (and the wages not keeping up!) we feel it is the best option for us.

We have been holidaying in the Torrevieja/Cabo Roig area for some years now and feel that this is where we would go as a starting point as we know the area (and have got to know quite a few expats there).

My fiance has a well paid job here in England and has recently been discussing with his boss the possibility of changing his shifts to allow him to commute from Spain. We feel this is definately do-able as we have spoken to so many people who do the same thing.

Is there anybody else who does a similar thing? I am particularly interested in talking to people with families who do this. As I will be in Spain on my own with the children for most of the week (which I dont have a problem with) I am interested to hear other peoples experiences.

Many thanks, Sarah

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 11:21 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Welcome to EOS. I am sure you will find good guidance and help here.
There are  already posts and articles that fits to your situation where you will find lots of tips.
Best wishes,
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 12:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hola Sarah & welcome to our forum where, for certain, you'll find so much valuable info & others to help you.

If your fiance can work as you say & commute, that will be ideal for money though I realise you'll miss having him with you. You sound as if you have made a good start making friends in the Torrevieja/Cabo Roig area already.

I'm sending you info by PM so go look.

Good luck in your new venture.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 1:11 PM by Sarah Dimambro Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for your welcome.

Have been having a look at previous threads I just dont know where to start as there are so many!

Have requested that they set up my PM account so thanks for that morerosado.

Sarah

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 2:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Sarah

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

I think you have a good plan brewing there and I'd be really curious to know how it all pans out.  We did write an article on this subject once as we felt it was going to become more and more common:

Live in Spain Work in UK

Best of luck with your plans.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 2:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin, sort out Sarah's PM as she hasn't answered mine & I'm unsure if she actually received it. Sazzle has sent me her email address as she's living in Torrevieja area & is in the same boat as Sarah & has offered to correspond with her. I'm certain Sarah will benefit from Sarah's input, both called Sarah.

Thanks x

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/17/2008.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 3:07 PM by Sarah Dimambro Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

PM sorted now, thanks ever so much for your help

Sarah

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts
Ollis Treff - 1 posts
Internet / broadband etc. - 4 posts
Three Spanish property developers face debt pressure - 0 posts
Registration deadline for primary/infant spanish school - HELP !! - 4 posts
YOUNG DRIVERS - 15 posts
HELP - TRAIN OR COACH INFORMATION NEEDED - 1 posts
quick question about community fee's?? :) - 15 posts
ailish new development vista lago - 0 posts
Website problems - 6 posts
British Doctors - 6 posts
Tried to start a new thread but not working, you can sell tumbeldriers but not a house when your desperate. - 1 posts
Europa 1 restaurant on Guardamar promenade, CB - 16 posts
Dogs in need of a home - 0 posts
Buying a computer in spain - 27 posts
bfl - 1 posts
Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers - 14 posts
Halifax Mortgage requirements - 3 posts
Spanish income tax rates and allowances - 4 posts
20% CGT refund on properties sold between 2004-2008 - 3 posts
FIRST OCCUPATION LICENSE'S - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x