can you help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by leigh_bristol Star rating in Bristol. 243 posts Send private message

leigh_bristol´s avatar
i have got to sign for my place in condado de alhama in june but there is nothing there . no shops no pubs no gym NO golf course i know it says you got to sign when your place is habitable , like it is if you want to stay in doors. it is a building site .when i signed up for it,,i was told like us all that it will have shops, golf course and other facalities. they sold me a package,  a life stile.  even now thay say the reasort is 25 minutes from the international airport. the airport  does not open till 2010 at the earliest.  the advert on t.v shows condado finshed  with bars, spas, gyms and  shops. thay are seling a lie,  i bought my place to rent out,  thats not possible for at least 18 - 24 months, because that is what i have been told by the  site salesman will be the time scale for the golf course  and the other facalities to be ready.to be ready.
It will be interesting to know how many others  are in the same predicament as myself. on inspection on my apartment 2 weeks ago, i am very disheartened by it all. I was hoping to sign for an apartment surrounded by a nice green golf course and facalities as shown on the tv advert and in brouchers, not just one garden finished surrounded by a building site (if i had my way, i would not sign for the property until it looked like the finished resort as advertised)

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 10:44 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Leigh,

Welcome to EOS.

If you join (it's free) the 'off plan developments' board for your development you will find other people who have bought there and who I am sure will be able to offer some advice and support.

Maria de Castro, a Spanish lawyer  who regularly contributes  impartial and sound  legal  advice on this site, would be a good person to contact via the private message (PM) facility, although as a newcomer to the site I believe there is an initial waiting period before you can use the facility. However Maria is usually quick to spot these problems, so just keep checking back for a possible/probable reply.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 9:28 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Leigh

Unfortunately this problem affects the majority of off plan buyers.  We completed nearly three years ago and still the area is nowhere near finished.  If we'd been planning to rent it out then we wouldn't have got a single cent in all this time.

The only way you could delay completion is if all the specifications as set out in the PPC have not been met.  Review your PPC and see what was originally agreed and make sure everything you agreed to is finished.

Other than that there's probably not a lot you can do. 

If it's any consolation this is quite a common occurence.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 1:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/articles/article.aspx?article=/publicity-contract.aspx

Publicity is part of the contract. If those facilities were included as part of the object of the sale... you can ask for them before completion: you can act for cancellation.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Don't get caught by out of date TV Real Estate Programmes! - 3 posts
Duquesa agent refuses to refund security deposit - 24 posts
Power of Attorney - 4 posts
Spanish Smells - 17 posts
An apartment? No thanks, I'll take the whole village - 7 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 8 posts
Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received. - 3 posts
Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x