What do you all think of.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Kitchen/diners? Do we remove the wall dividing the kitchen from the through lounge/diner or should it stay?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 8:51 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We actually built a dividing wall between the kitchen and lounge. Didn't want to see the mess, choke on  the smoke or listen to  the dishwasher!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 8:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Absolutely agree with Poppyseed.

At least you can contain the cooking smells & close the door on the mess if you haven't washed up & someone comes to visit.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 8:56 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
It seems that you are all agreeing with me. Justin has his heart set on it. When I complain that it will give me more stress in my life since I will be under pressure to keep the kitchen tidy all the time, he says that that is actually a good thing!!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 8:58 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Susan

Agree to the wall coming down on the basis that it is Justin's responsibility to keep the kitchen tidy.

He'll soon change his mind

Noreen

P.S - Sorry Justin!

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 9:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Noreen

He would argue that he does. Yeah right in a parellel universe!

Susan

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 7:16 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
We went though the same discussion and ended up with a compromise: a 90cm wide arch and no door.  It is more convenient for moving between the two with plates etc which I find really important but you do still get the smells and a small amount of mess is visible although I try to keep it where it can't be seen from the other side!

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 11:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks it's good to hear how other people have got on.

Susan

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 11:22 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Seperate kitchen for me, hubby loves to cook fish and spicy food , both of which smell great when being cooked or eaten, but not so good the following morning.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 11:24 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I am more and more convinced that the wall  must stay.

Susan

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 11:49 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

What about knocking a large hole in the wall and putting in a set of  glazed doors.  Make sure that when opened they lie back against the return wall. That way you have the feeling of openess but you can still close the door on noise, smells and mess. My son and his partner have this in their new house. It works well and looks great.

This message was last edited by Tish on 4/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 4:57 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Our house was completely open-plan when we moved in (the English one, that is): the living room, dining room and kitchen ran from back to front of the house. It drove us mad. Noise, smells, mess. Don't do it. Forget what they tell you on these poncy design programmes about open plan. It looks good in the picture but that's before anyone moves in!!!!!

Justin & Sue: don't do it

Irene

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 5:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Okay, now I am really convinced Irene and Alan. Thanks.

Susan

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 6:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Susan

My friend has put a window between the two and it looks great, you can see in and no smells come out.  it lets lots of light in.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 7:19 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

The glazed doors that fold all the way back sound like the ideal solution.  If you haven't got the room for that, how about sliding ones?  You can build a wall that they actually slide into so they don't take up any room either side.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts
Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts
hi everyone - 1 posts
Solar electricity supply - 1 posts
Spanish property market in freefall - 25 posts
Compensation For Late Completion - 13 posts
WEATHER IN APRIL - 8 posts
Exchange rate to use for income tax return - 2 posts
Hello - 14 posts
Selling UK property - 10 posts
Driving to Spain from England - 12 posts
Wanted Baby safety/stair gate - Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Internet Access? - 53 posts
free prescriptions? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x