Exchange rate to use for income tax return

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how decide what exchange rate to use when filing annual tax return ?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2008 12:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The information given by HMRC is as follows:

Income taxable on the arising basis should be converted to sterling at the rate of exchange prevailing at the time when the income arose.

Income taxable on the remittance basis should be converted to sterling at the rate of exchange prevailing on the date of receipt in the UK.

Gains on foreign life insurance policies, life annuities or capital redemption policies should be calculated in the currency in which the policy or contract is denominated and the gain converted to sterling at the rate of exchange applicable at the time of the chargeable event.

If you are unsure of the exchange rate to be applied ask your Inland Revenue office or tax adviser, or go to our website http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk

There is a downloadable PDF file called SA106, if you can't find it, PM me with your email address and i'll email it.

HTH

Mark

Like 0      
29 Mar 2008 2:41 PM by bilbo.s Star rating in Albuñol.. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks for reply but I don't think I explained properly.

I am pensioner resident in Spain & I want to know how to complete my Spanish tax return next year.

How do I convert my British pension to euros, when the rate is constantly changing?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello - 14 posts
Selling UK property - 10 posts
Driving to Spain from England - 12 posts
Wanted Baby safety/stair gate - Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Internet Access? - 53 posts
free prescriptions? - 3 posts
Will the EX Rate ever go back up? - 270 posts
Help with Subrogated Mortgage Info - 19 posts
25 thousands here! - 6 posts
Barbeques - 4 posts
english teachers in almeria - 0 posts
coming to almeria - 4 posts
some advice please - 1 posts
Repayment of Deposits - 3 posts
Buying Agents ??? - 17 posts
Manilva/Sotogrande "Disneyland" - 2 posts
Arenal Golf, Benalmadena - 8 posts
Reaching the 25 thousands!! - 5 posts
recommendation for breakfast - 2 posts
Letting Agents. - 1 posts
Van Hire company - 0 posts
moving and working in spain - 2 posts
Winter in spain - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
Property network Benalmedina Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x