Tile paint......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Butterfly Star rating in North Kent. 6 posts Send private message

Butterfly´s avatar

Hi all,

We have just returned from our new house in Spain and, despite the mad panic about whether our new kitchen would be finished, I'm happy to say ..... that it was! There's still a couple of things that the builders have to finish off, but all in all, it's done.

However, the wall tiles have not been changed and whilst they are pretty ok, I wouldn't mind updating them.

Does anyone know whether the Spanish DIY stores (Bricoman etc) sell paint for tiles. It's readily available in the UK but I'm not sure about availability in Spain? Additionally, if anyone has used this type of product before ~ is it any good?

Many thanks for your help,

Butterfly

Like 0      
30 Mar 2008 4:20 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We have used tile paint but would not recommend it. The finished job does not look good and it needs a pre coat and two coats of tile paint.

Daveil

Like 0      
30 Mar 2008 4:40 PM by Butterfly Star rating in North Kent. 6 posts Send private message

Butterfly´s avatar

Many thanks Lifeline....

In that case, I shall leave the tiles alone!! I wasn't sure whether it would actually be any good as I've never used anything like it before.

Thanks again.....

Butterfly

Like 0      
30 Mar 2008 5:46 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
I know it's bit of a cheat, but can't you tile on top of the exisiting tiles, I did this once as an interim measure and it worked very well. It saved all the mess of chipping off the old tiles and you couldn't tell once it was done. Not sure what the people thought who bought the house from me, if they ever tried to remove them.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 9:07 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
Tile on tile is regularly done here - especially on floors but you can do it on walls too provided the original tiles are sound and not falling off - tap them for hollow sounds.  You have to use a particular adhesive, I forget which but they will tell you at the builders' merchants.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts
hi everyone - 1 posts
Solar electricity supply - 1 posts
Spanish property market in freefall - 25 posts
Compensation For Late Completion - 13 posts
WEATHER IN APRIL - 8 posts
Exchange rate to use for income tax return - 2 posts
Hello - 14 posts
Selling UK property - 10 posts
Driving to Spain from England - 12 posts
Wanted Baby safety/stair gate - Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Internet Access? - 53 posts
free prescriptions? - 3 posts
Will the EX Rate ever go back up? - 270 posts
Help with Subrogated Mortgage Info - 19 posts
25 thousands here! - 6 posts
Barbeques - 4 posts
english teachers in almeria - 0 posts
coming to almeria - 4 posts
some advice please - 1 posts
Repayment of Deposits - 3 posts
Buying Agents ??? - 17 posts
Manilva/Sotogrande "Disneyland" - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x