Flights From Glasgow to Malaga or Gibraltar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi all!

We are planning to go to Spain via Glasgow this year, so we can visit family there, but it seems that British Airways don't fly direct from Glasgow to Malaga.  I know Easyjet and FlyGlobeSpain (or something like that!!) do, but I just wondered if anyone had used any other airline to fly direct from Glasgow to either Malaga or Gibraltar?   Direct flights only!!

Any help would be much appreciated!  Also, any comments on using Easyjet or Flyglobespain would be appreciated!!

Many thanks!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jan, I did search (& search) but seems you're stuck with Easyjet or Flyglobespan as far as I can see, anyway.

We use Easyjet only as Bristol only uses them as their cheap carrier but we've always been happy. They certainly have more legroom than other cheap ones & charter flights we've been on. People say they are like cattle getting on. Hmm, yes well it can be rather a carry on as there's no allocated seats. You just have to stand your ground if you don't want to be flattened.  

Hand baggage weight is unlimited as long as you can carry it & bag measures no more (legally but you should see some taken on) than 55 x 40 x 20 cm, hold bags max weight 20kgs per person.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flythomascook.com goes from May to Malaga, not sure when you want to go?

Mark

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 9:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark's correct, why didn't it show when I was Googling though ?

Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga, late May 2008
Cheap return flights to Malaga from Glasgow departing late May, 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during May 2008.
  Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga, late June 2008
Cheap return flights to Malaga from Glasgow departing late June, 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during June 2008.
  Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga, late July 2008
Cheap return flights to Malaga from Glasgow departing late July, 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during July 2008.
  Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga, late August 2008
Cheap return flights to Malaga from Glasgow departing late August, 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during August 2008.

Return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in early May 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga departing in early May 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during May 2008.
  Cheap flights from Glasgow to Malaga in May 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in mid-May 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during May 2008.
  Return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in early June 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga departing in early June 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during June 2008.
  Cheap flights from Glasgow to Malaga in June 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in mid-June 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during June 2008.
  Return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in early July 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga departing in early July 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during July 2008.
  Cheap flights from Glasgow to Malaga in July 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in mid-July 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during July 2008.
  Return flights from Glasgow to Malaga in early August 2008
Cheap return flights from Glasgow to Malaga departing in early August 2008. We fly from Glasgow, UK to Malaga, Spain on Fridays during August 2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 11:28 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I'm afraid there is still not a lot of choice from Glasgow so you are probably stuck with Easyjet or Globespan. 

I use both and have had no problems - the usual no frills but you can sometimes get quite a good deal.  Of the two, I prefer Globespan but it usually comes down to price and availability.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 2:23 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Many thanks for your responses!

I did, in fact, find flythomascook, but for my son and myself it came to 605 pounds!!  So I thought that was just a little steep!!

Looks like it will be globespan or easyjet then.  Surprising really  - I thought there were be more flights out of Glasgow for some reason.  And even to Gib - but nothing!

Thanks again!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 8:54 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
There are no direct flights to Gib from either Glasgow or Edinburgh and has been said before from both it it is either Easyjet or Globespan, of the two I also prefer Globespan but they can be prone to changing flights and delays.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:47 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I've looked at both Easyjet and Globespan and Globespan does look a bit better, flight time-wise.  They seem to have daily flights during July and August from Glasgow to Malaga and back, and at reasonable times.   Is it worth while, say if we booked with easyjet, adding the speedy boarding option?   Does it really make any difference?  I notice that Globespan doesn't offer this sort of option - well, didn't up until the point of my having to give my details for booking.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:58 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Globespan assign seats when booking in which I feel is a plus for them. Speedy boarding with Easyjet I feel is a waste of money because whoever is last on the bus (you are bussed to the plane) is first off.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 11:10 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Tinto, you're so right regarding... Speedy boarding with Easyjet I feel is a waste of money because whoever is last on the bus is first off. Only if though you are bussed to the plane though, Tinto. SB's do get on first if they walk to aircraft as they are called first. At Bristol it can be by bus or a walk so we never book SB ourselves. It's also getting more expensive & so many are doing it too.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 11:16 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I tend to agree.  I did suspect that, especially if everyone was booking SB, that it wouldn't really be beneficial.  It's looking more like Globespan by the post!!

Thanks.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 12:21 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

At Stanstead Speedy Boarders are allocated the front of the bus by the driver, they are cordonned off by a rope and the driver opens his door first and doesn't open the other doors until the SB's are on the stairs to the plane.

Doesn't happen at Alicante though and I've noticed a few glum faces on the bus when the last on are first off so to speak.

EasyJet also have a sale on at the moment so you may pick up a bargain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sun Loungers - 13 posts
Cash and Carry warehouse - 2 posts
Pensions info from Euro Weekly News February 28, 2008 - 0 posts
European Union allows sadistic torturing of animals because it's tradition - 2 posts
Signing on the Padron - 1 posts
EARTHQUAKE - 19 posts
Luna Mar Apartments - 8 posts
Vista Hermosa Santa Margarita - 2 posts
Kingo - 1 posts
Kingo - 9 posts
Dyth Gwyl Dewi Sant - 4 posts
A new month, March, begins. Morerosado is "retiring" with her OH on 13th ! - 79 posts
sky - 2 posts
Opticians. - 0 posts
THE BEACH HOUSE - 10 posts
security grilles - 38 posts
Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x