Car rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Hi new to general forum though I do post regularly on the Roda Golf resort forum which is very useful.

We are visiting Roda from 1st to 29th February and wondered if anyone had any ideas of local car rental rates in Los Alcazares area and if it is cheaper than booking online for pick up at Murcia airport.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 5:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi, welcome to the general forums. go look in here >>> Driving in Spain Loads of info.

We use www.doyouspain.com ourselves when we fly into Murcia. Always great rates compared with rest. Otherwise http://www.carjet.co.uk/common/directory/index.php?co=ES&rf=

EG  

Booking Details
Pick Up City: Murcia Airport
Pick Up Date: 01/02/2008 12:00 Return Date: 29/02/2008 12:00
Group: Renault Clio 5 door A/C ... or similar
Accessories:
------
Total:
284.49 EUR            £ 190.41 GBP  

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/25/2008.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 1:44 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Can only agree with Morerosado. We use doyouspain and have found them to be the cheapest way of hiring a car. So far we have picked up from Auriga Crown and Solmar and both have been fine.

We have the "excess policy" from www.insurance4carhire.com also. We paid just under £50 for 1 year. The policy is for the excess that you have to pay if you have an accident or car is damaged. It also covers tyres, windscreens etc. If you plan to travel abroad and hire a car this policy will soon pay for itself.  I haven't taken this extra insurance in Spain but I know in Ireland the charge is about 11 euros per day.

If you are unfortunate to have damage to the car you pay the excess (usually via your credit card) and claim when from the policy afterwards. I am glad to say that I have not had to claim so far so don't know what that process is like.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 1:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Noreen, hope your cold is better as I've still got a tickly cough.

Re the policy you mention  www.insurance4carhire.com (yes I know I could go look for myself but I'm in middle of replying to a member on here so this is the 2nd EOS page I have up & PC will crash if I open more at the mo) does it include any excess as when we hired with doyouspain & they put us with Auriga at Alicante there was a note at Auriga's desk saying we weren't covered for the usual..underside, tyres, losing keys, windscreen (normal) but ALSO it said GEARBOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time we've seen THAT gem ! 

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 2:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Morerosado, I found this on their website -

The features of the policies are as follows:  
• This is a reimbursement insurance. We cover the Policy Holder, not the rental vehicle. The renter declines the car rental company's Excess at the counter. If there is any damage to the rental vehicle, their card is charged and they claim for reimbursement on their policy. The policy can therefore be used with all car rental companies and at all car rental locations. 
• Allow an unlimited number of car rentals over the the 12 month cover period - no one rental should be longer than 31 days (except for the Excess Worldwide 60 Policy which covers rentals up to 60 days for any one car rental agreement and you can hire the car as often as you wish in the annual cover period).  
• Cover the Policy Holder and all additional drivers named on the car rental agreement  
• You can choose the start date of the Policy up to 3 months in advance  

Our annual Excess policies cover any one incident up to £2,000 and up to £3,000 in any one year. They cover:  
• Excess damage to the vehicle, including the undercarriage  
• Excess on theft  
• Window and tyre damage  

As you can see Morerosado, the windows, tyres, damage to the roof are all covered. I haven't looked to see if mechanical faults such as the gear box packing up, are covered. When you get a chance, their website has a very good Q& A section.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 3:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I couldn't find it mentioned so I've emailed them. As you know we book with www.doyouspain.com regularly & we are normally given http://www.aurigacrown.com/  I've looked on Auriga's website & true enough I saw this..

http://www.aurigacrown.com/condiciones-generales.jsp

The rental price does not include:clutch (due to misuse), lost or broken keys, error of fuel and costs involved, (you can acquire an additional insurance at € 20 per rental contract in order to cover the damages caused to glass, wheels and clutch).

I've not seen clutch not covered with other car hire firms though I've not gone into it as we use Auriga.

I see Record at Alicante say http://www.recordrentacar.com/car_hire/airport_condiciones.htm

The insurance does not cover the following ( amongst other things we would normally see)

• Damage to the engine due to negligence.
  • Misuse of the clutch.

Amazing what we aren't aware of, don't you think ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Newsletter Alert! - 42 posts
good state school near sotogrande - 12 posts
2nd home in Spain - has the dream been tarnished? - 41 posts
Insurance companies - 9 posts
Drive-by valuation - 7 posts
driving to spain - 16 posts
help!! - 2 posts
area of sotogrande - 9 posts
GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrooooaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHH!!! - 9 posts
Estepona rental with internet needed - 0 posts
New laws on dangerous dogs in Spain will cause problems - 13 posts
whats best way to go about getting a job in spain please help - 33 posts
El Gusto - Benijofar - 52 posts
After Completion - 15 posts
how do u turn on street lights - 17 posts
burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x