Living in Spain TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I was talking to someone today from Living in Spain TV (satellite channel 293) and they told me that they get around 3 million viewers a month.

Do many of you watch the channel??  If so do you watch specific programs or just switch over to it when the soaps have finished!

Be interested in your comments...

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:42 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

I am a Living in Spain fan and tend to flick through the channels and find it every now and again when there is nothing else on. The programmes are repeated quite regularly and I have been known to watch one twice!!

Every now and then I come across items that are set in my local area there was a good programme about Jumilla and Guardamar Moors and Christians.

Sue

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:42 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I watch sometimes in the UK.

Learn the Lingo is a favourite and the Costa Blanca programme.

The food items leave me cold and the ones where someone just sits and talks and talks...

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:48 AM by Janny Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Janny´s avatar
No cant say that I get enthused about the programme , to me its not about the real Spain , but then thats only my opinion.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

My OH & I sometimes watch though so much is repeated we often find ourselves watching repeats. However repeats are good as you have endless chances to see what you keep on missing.

Shame the forum was removed !!

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:56 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I didn't know the forum had been removed!

Any idea why?

Laury

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 12:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Laury

I posted what likely is the answer in here >>  Living In Spain TV. It went almost straight away. Shame too. 

Click on Viewers Forum to see this

Information

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/17/2008.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 12:38 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Interesting thanks More.

I was thinking how much the channel had improved since it started too.  They have moved on a bit from the wobbly hand held camera film with built in microphones and now you can actually hear what people are saying on there.

It would have been nice to see the opinions on the forum.

It seems a bit silly if they were going to pay someone and went back on it. I would have thought that they would have had more advertising income now it's better.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 12:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

17 Jan 2008 1:18 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Brilliant More, How Do You Do That????

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 1:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Flossy, it's called "copy & paste" ................

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 1:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, well the miracles of modern technology, you know I'm technically challenged, let's not go down the bucket avenue shall we

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 1:38 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Have watched a few times but we get irritated by the amateurish film making.  Love the guy who does the cooking - can't remember the title - large completely OTT middle aged guy.  Also quite like the deli cooking spot.  One or two of the out and about type shows have been informative but some feel a bit like this is our friend who I promised I'd get on the tele with some free advertising for the business.

All Sky  programmes are repeated endlessly sometimes the very same day or next so this one is no different. 

We're suckers for all the 'foreign location' programmes, eg Living in the Sun, Place in the Sun, Fantasy Homes in the Sun etc etc.  Especially when the punters are about to retire but want to live in the middle of nowhere with lots of land.  Why? Don't they realise how much time and energy land and animals demand. Give me a nice built up area with easy access to shops and beach!

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 2:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Quote: Give me a nice built up area with easy access to shops and beach

Sonia El, have you ever met my other half?  I think you two would get on really well

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:07 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes Sonia I agree ditto, although  ours is a small village but not far from most things.   Yes we do watch Living in Spain but when we know we have seen it before we turn over unless it's something we want to see again  You can pick up some good information especially when they have lawyers on the programme some of it can be a bit repetitive, but not bad.    Gina don't start More of about the bucket  she will start on me again Pat

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Sonia - your in Carvajal, so you ARE in the middle of things! Though its not quite that built up!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:35 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

It's great. Less than 10 minutes in the car to Myramar centre in Fuengirola, a few more in the opposite direction to Malaga (Factory outlet, Ikea etc). We spend last week there and visited shops every day - sale time!!! 

We fell on Carvajal by accident after visiting (sorry to swear folks)  a VIVA exhibition in London.  For years we'd just driven up and down Spain on route to North Africa and I'd always said I hated it! (Sorry!!) But a few years ago our car broke down and we were forced to spend a couple of weeks with a hire car that couldn't go out of Europe so toured around Spain and consequently found some really really nice places.  We eventually chose to buy on CDS as it's easy to pop over the water to visit the family.  Didn't realise at the time just how convenient it was for airport and shopping. Now we can't wait until we are able to retire and make the permenant move.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 10:29 AM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

I watch Living in Spain TV and it has been interesting to see how it has developed from when it first aired.

It is worth watching just to see the lovely Faye...!!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 10:55 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

A J, typical man.

For those who don't know her Faye Beaty is a Northern girl from Oldham who studied marine biology and loves the sun and sea. Faye moved to the Costa Blanca 3 years ago flew in love with the Spanish way of life and is now a fluent Spanish speaker.

http://www.livinginspain.tv/costablancalife/fayebeaty.htm

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 11:17 AM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar
Ah....thats more like it.....!!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts
buying property - 10 posts
notice required for 1st meeting - 5 posts
Property refurbishment - advice - 5 posts
Spanish Destinations - 4 posts
photos - 5 posts
Commercials on site?? - 7 posts
Polaris World shower cubicles - 0 posts
Tax loophole Bi-cell - 12 posts
driving to spain - 0 posts
Snagging Inspections - 3 posts
Snagging inspections - 5 posts
Snagging Inspections - 11 posts
Will the Prior case result in a slump in the Spainish property market ? - 1 posts
Los Lagos - 4 posts
cheap mobile phone - 6 posts
Snagging Inspections - 2 posts
licences? - 4 posts
Solar Panels New Law - Solicitors Advice Required - 4 posts
Kindness of the Spanish. - 31 posts
petorl prices - 5 posts
A FUN THING TO DO - 41 posts
specsavers - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x